Back
  Pallbearer
Page: Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:04 am 

Epoxy wrote:
Really like the 2nd album a lot. It grew on me as you unravelled the many nuggets that hold it all together. Still love the 1st album but I do think the more polished production on the 2nd suits their sound.

This bands debut is getting good reviews and comparisons have been made to Pallbearer...Not bad from what I've listened to...

http://khemmis.bandcamp.com

Just looking at Khemmis's debut artwork, style even similar to Pallbearers's 2nd!

The over reliance on harmonies... Pallbearer are too subtle for that... that band changes at 1000mph aswell.. they'd be a good band if they chilled the balls a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:46 am 

Both the albums are decent - Foundations of Burden has some great stuff on it - but when I saw them live last month, they were deeply mediocre. The performance felt a bit tentative, the musicianship average at best (that drummer...) and the material just didn't seem to translate all that well. Didn't live up to the hype at all sadly - I dunno, maybe it was on off night or something but there was a real whiff of amateurishness about the whole gig.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:15 pm 

Sedgebeast wrote:
I dunno, maybe it was on off night or something but there was a real whiff of amateurishness about the whole gig.

Yeah I've been watching allot of the live stuff on Youtube and they do seem a little rough; but I actually like that kind of thing. Good honest playing... And anything I've seen they always seem to be really enjoying themselves.

I've become a fan boy so they can't do no wrong in my eyes at the moment :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:19 pm 

BotS wrote:
Sedgebeast wrote:
I dunno, maybe it was on off night or something but there was a real whiff of amateurishness about the whole gig.

Yeah I've been watching allot of the live stuff on Youtube and they do seem a little rough

yeah, but that's punks playing metal for you innit?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:21 pm 

FERGLOR wrote:
Epoxy wrote:
Really like the 2nd album a lot. It grew on me as you unravelled the many nuggets that hold it all together. Still love the 1st album but I do think the more polished production on the 2nd suits their sound.

This bands debut is getting good reviews and comparisons have been made to Pallbearer...Not bad from what I've listened to...

http://khemmis.bandcamp.com

Just looking at Khemmis's debut artwork, style even similar to Pallbearers's 2nd!

The over reliance on harmonies... Pallbearer are too subtle for that... that band changes at 1000mph aswell.. they'd be a good band if they chilled the balls a bit.

I do agree. Listened to it a lot today & they pack a lot in. That been said, I reckon it will be noticed as potential.

The last track shows that potential, its a great barnstormer of stoner, sludge & hard rock with harmonies that we've all heard before...but still really enjoy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:42 am 

i saw them a few months ago, and they were deadly. they're playin here again with high on fire in a few weeks, might pop in.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:31 pm 

New EP with a 'new' song (it's actually a couple of years old), and covers of Black Sabbath and Type O Negative.

They've been in the studio for a while now so they should be releasing a new album at the end of the year/early 2017.

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/pallbe ... r-and-fury

footloose ´╗┐onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:25 pm 

The two covers are great. Need to listen to the original song a few more times. Very much looking forward to a full album, still listen to their previous three releases on a frequent basis.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:57 pm 

Fairly unmemorable band. Can't recall a song off the debut. Just have a vague feeling it was almost good, but wasn't in the end. It's there somewhere. Perhaps I should give it a last chance. Never got the follow up. Saw them live at Roadburn a few years ago. Can't remember what I thought of them. Probably meh. Disappointing.

I remember seeing Pilgrim at the same Roadburn. They were good but I've lost track of them since. Any current similar bands to recommend ?

footloose ´╗┐onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:05 pm 

Bottle of Tonic wrote:
Fairly unmemorable band.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'd be almost tempted to think you're mixing them up with some other band! Foundations of Burden, their last album, etches itself into your mind from the very first listen. Sorrow & Extinction is great too, but the last one is a masterpiece. I mean, you (being you!) may end up hating it, but unmemorable it certainly isn't!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:54 pm 

Bottle of Tonic wrote:
Fairly unmemorable band. Can't recall a song off the debut. Just have a vague feeling it was almost good, but wasn't in the end. It's there somewhere. Perhaps I should give it a last chance. Never got the follow up. Saw them live at Roadburn a few years ago. Can't remember what I thought of them. Probably meh. Disappointing.

I remember seeing Pilgrim at the same Roadburn. They were good but I've lost track of them since. Any current similar bands to recommend ?

I'd have said you're mixing up Pallbearer and Pilgrim, but different strokes and all that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:22 pm 

I listened to about half of I Love You to Death. Shite.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:52 am 

A very pointless cover. The only redeeming factor is that it might get a few lads to listen to type o.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:10 am 

Very disappointed with this "release".

It's essentially a demo wrapped in a fancy cover. One previously released song that should of been on Foundations of Burden and two covers... The Sabbath cover is pretty good, but the Type O one is weak as fuck.

The first two albums were fantastic and I was really hoping that whatever they put out next would be up to the same standard :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:08 pm 

Bottle of Tonic wrote:
Fairly unmemorable band. Can't recall a song off the debut.
]

You must have skipped the track "Given to the Grave" so, that song is superb.

Indifferent to this release really cos it's obviously a stop gap, but I thought the Type O cover was fine. Didn't even bother with the Sabbath one, and the new song was grand on first listen. Roll on album 3

Page: Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next