Back
  METAL pet peeves?

Page: Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74  Next

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:14 pm 

Juggz wrote:
It was years before I found out Dissident Aggressor was a cover. It was, and remains, one of my favourite things about SOH. It was only during the mid-90's that I found out it was a JP song :lol:

Versions of albums. Deluxe version, tour edition, expanded edition, all these things have got to go. An album used to be a cohesive piece of work, the songs carefully selected and the running order decided on to provide the definitive listening experience of the artist's body of work. Give me your best 8 to 10 songs in good order and put the rest in the bin. If it's not good enough to be on the album then it's not good enough to be on the album, even if you write "(bonus track)" beside it. I want the best album possible, not your best tracks followed by some not-so-good tracks. Enough of versions. Just give me the album.

Yep, Nuclear Blast in particular are mad for this

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:48 pm 

one of those hipster shite "rawk" bands (Blackberry Smoke) released FIFTEEN different colours of vinyl for one oof their records through Earache.

Arseache, more like

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:54 pm 

Juggz wrote:
If it's not good enough to be on the album then it's not good enough to be on the album, even if you write "(bonus track)" beside it.

Although I fully agree, there are some exceptions. Temple of Depression off Celtic Frost's Monotheist is incredible.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:36 pm 

Zakk Wylde riding the coattails of Black Sabbath.

Like I get he's Ozzy's guitarist, but he plays so many Sabbath songs (without Ozzy) that you'd swear he wrote them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:09 pm 

Does he play Sabbath songs on his own tours?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:24 pm 

Andy82 wrote:
Does he play Sabbath songs on his own tours?
lemmyisgod wrote:
Zakk Wylde riding the coattails of Black Sabbath.

Like I get he's Ozzy's guitarist, but he plays so many Sabbath songs (without Ozzy) that you'd swear he wrote them.

Ah now, in the times I have seen BLS he has never covered Black Sabbath. In Zakk Sabbath the band he formed for the sole purpose of covering Black Sabbath songs he does :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:31 pm 

Not particularly no. He hasn't played a Sabbath or Ozzy cover with BLS since 2005.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:34 pm 

Lynch mob around to lemmyisgod's house?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:40 pm 

He has covered them a lot though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zjKhTQ8yXA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOXN8fWQo8M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewI0PT3pgXs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ8FnuG1G2U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byf6kxZ0qkM

And that's excluding Zakk Sabbath :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:29 pm 

Andy82 wrote:

George Lynch & Co at lemmyisgod's!

Will there be tickets on the door? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:02 pm 

Stonebreaker wrote:
Andy82 wrote:

George Lynch & Co at lemmyisgod's!

Will there be tickets on the door? :lol:

it had better not be on a Wednesday.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:41 pm 

prof. wedgie wrote:
Juggz wrote:
It was years before I found out Dissident Aggressor was a cover. It was, and remains, one of my favourite things about SOH. It was only during the mid-90's that I found out it was a JP song :lol:

Versions of albums. Deluxe version, tour edition, expanded edition, all these things have got to go. An album used to be a cohesive piece of work, the songs carefully selected and the running order decided on to provide the definitive listening experience of the artist's body of work. Give me your best 8 to 10 songs in good order and put the rest in the bin. If it's not good enough to be on the album then it's not good enough to be on the album, even if you write "(bonus track)" beside it. I want the best album possible, not your best tracks followed by some not-so-good tracks. Enough of versions. Just give me the album.

Yep, Nuclear Blast in particular are mad for this

If there are extras add a separate CD. Leave the album alone.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:15 pm 

I have the double disc reissue of Human on Relapse and the fact there's multiple demo tracks of the same songs on the second disc yet a cover of God of Thunder is slapped on the end of the first boils my blood a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:25 pm 

Juggz wrote:
If it's not good enough to be on the album then it's not good enough to be on the album, even if you write "(bonus track)" beside it.

There'll always be exceptions to that though, the bonus tracks on Sabbaths 13 were nearly all better than what was on the main album

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:26 pm 

To be fair, that wouldn't have been hard :lol:

Page: Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74  Next