Back
  Pestilence are some more

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:40 pm 

Shame, I thought Obsideo was actually rather good. Still, despite the terrible name, he says he's heading in a more Spheres orientated direction with Necromorph which pleases me.

Quote:
"As of now, PESTILENCE is no longer active in recording new material. As a matter of fact, it's on a permanent hold, as I want to concentrate fully on my new project NECROMORPH. The style will be more brutal, more crazy, more tech, more futuristic and more death. I'm pretty sure all my fans will dig this!

"Please don't be sad about PESTILENCE. We've been holding the PEST flag strong for 25 years and we feel it's now done.

"I thank all my fans for being there and supporting us all the way.

"If there is any interest in PESTILENCE doing old-school shows in the future, me and Patrick Uterwijk will surely think about the options.

"I thanks all the PESTILENCE members since '86 for their musical talent and input.

"HAILZ TO THE FANS, we all love you.

"Now, let's give birth to NECROMORPH!!!!!!"

Last edited by Juggz on Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:47 pm 

Patrick Mameli wrote:
I'm pretty sure all my fans will dig this!

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:51 pm 

Thank fuck for that

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:53 pm 

Mameli wrote:
... We've been holding the PEST flag strong for 25 years ...

Except, ahem, for the 15 odd years in the middle of that.

Mameli wrote:
If there is any interest in PESTILENCE doing old-school shows in the future, me and Patrick Uterwijk will surely think about the options.

I stuck that in BabelFish and the English translation came back as "Show me the money."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:46 pm 

Much like Pink Floyd, this lot can Fuck Right Off.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:55 pm 

No surprise really. I'm just glad i caught them at hellfest in 09. They were absolutely killer that day.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:55 pm 

Obsideo was/is fantastic IMHO. On hold till the next time then.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:58 pm 

No loss whatsoever. It'd be good to see an old school set at some stage but I figure they hope they will be picked up by fests straight away for that and just continue on as they were under a new name.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:42 pm 

Don't really see what all the Tears are about, they only had two good albums in like 20 years or something. Not exactly a big loss or anything...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:13 pm 

I've still got the eclectic trio of Consuming Impulse/TotA/Spheres to get my jollies from, but the reunion albums were genuinely painful to listen to.

Sad to say, but no loss whatsoever.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:22 pm 

Good example of a great band making a balls of their return. The new albums were either pedestrian or dull, especially the latest one which was desperate. For the best really.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:06 pm 

RESONANT PADDY wrote:
they only had two good albums in like 20 years or something. Not exactly a big loss or anything...

Ah come on, that trio of Consuming Impulse/TotA/Spheres are fucking classics whatever way you look at it....Ive avoided their comeback albums for the most part...is Obsideo the best of an (admittedly bad) bunch then?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:17 pm 

The first two are crap alright but Obsideo is a very decent spin.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:18 pm 

Yisser all getting yerselves a bit confused. The album was called 'Malleus Maleficarum', not 'Spheres'. Not sure how you could possibly make the mistake that an album with the title 'Malleus Malifcarum' is in fact called 'Spheres' but anyhow. So, that classic trio is 'Malleus...', 'Consuming Impulse' and 'Testimony Of The Ancients'. Some time after 'Testimony ...', as the story goes, Patrick Mameli slipped while out walking, his head got firmly wedged inside his arsehole, Patrick Uterwijk and Marco Foddis rolled him the rest of the way home and the band called it a day without ever recording another note.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:57 pm 

They have a couple of good albums, but goodbye and good luck to them, highly overrated band.

'Spheres' was a ball of shite of an album, it amazes me how quite a lot of people here revere it. Where are the riffs on that record?

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next