Back
  Pestilence are some more

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:02 pm 

the early stuff is classic dm!,I do like sphears I must say, I never checked out the comback material properly.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:25 pm 

Daithi wrote:
Yisser all getting yerselves a bit confused. The album was called 'Malleus Maleficarum', not 'Spheres'. Not sure how you could possibly make the mistake that an album with the title 'Malleus Malifcarum' is in fact called 'Spheres' but anyhow. So, that classic trio is 'Malleus...', 'Consuming Impulse' and 'Testimony Of The Ancients'.

Ah, see what ya did there..very good!! :wink: ....and agree, Malleus is a damn fine album too, but have to say I do like Spheres as well for some strange reason, maybe similarly to the way I like Cynic's Focus when ordinarily I really shoudnt.....I guess Spheres is one of those albums that divides opinion sharply and you either love it or hate it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:00 pm 

Did I read somewhere that Mameli has re-booted Pestilence AGAIN and they may be back touring? :shock: All info welcome!....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:19 pm 

You heard correctly

Quote:
On October 4, 2016, Pestilence announced on their Facebook page that they were once again active, and announced a new lineup, featuring Mameli on both guitar and vocals, Tony Choy on bass, Santiago Dobles on lead guitar and Septimiu Hărşan on drums

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:28 pm 

Good to see Santiago Dobles is alive and kicking, I hope he has some creative input into this as he's a far more interesting player than Mameli.

Then again, I'd prefer to see him crack on with Aghora III and for Choy to get his ass back to Atheist (I'm assuming they're still on hiatus due to Steve Flynn being ill)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:35 pm 

On paper, it looks amazing but then there's that C-187 album. How could that have been so shit with that lineup?

Still, in positive Choy news, Cynic are giving all the demos a proper release, up to and including the Roadrunner demo from 91. Fucking godly stuff. I have them all already but some better audio quality will always hit the spot.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:17 pm 

Oooh, will be all over those Cynic demos. I have pikey downloaded copies of them. Would he great to hear Pleading for Preservation cleaned up a bit.

In less positive Choy news, I see he's not touring with Pestilence, Alan Goldstein of Aghora is in instead which isn't a bad thing. He's a phenomenal talent himself. His intro to "Fade" on Formless is glorious, would do Pastorius proud.

Edit - I try so hard forget about that C-187 abomination that I forgot to comment on it :lol:

And Pestilence's FB page appears to be a collection of photos of Mameli doing duck lips. Fucking hell.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:44 pm 

DuckyDoodleFace wrote:

And Pestilence's FB page appears to be a collection of photos of Mameli doing duck lips. Fucking hell.

Was that the inspiration for your username perhaps?

Didn't Mameli recently post something along the lines of "Chuck Schuldiner was a total pussy" on there recently only to delete it pretty swiftly?

High Above The Rolling Waves, In Labyrinths Of Coral Caves...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:34 pm 

Never heard of Aghora, listening now. Good music but the vocals are really putting me off.

Pestilence were...ok, in my opinion. Some good songs but nothing amazing. Would go to see them in Belfast but doubt I would even travel to DUblin (not that either show is likely).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:13 pm 

TemplarOfSteel wrote:
Never heard of Aghora, listening now. Good music but the vocals are really putting me off.

Is that the first album? Yer wan makes that album completely unlistenable for me. The rest of them could be playing the greatest music ever heard, but she just kills everything. The follow-up, 'Formless', is much more enjoyable, though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:08 pm 

Agreed, Santiago is an awesome player. So much rather he did aghora 3 than more pestilence. Mameli is a busted flush at this stage.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:09 pm 

Obsideo was good, still stick it on from time to time so there is some, if not much, hope. Many of those duck photos feature Steinberger guitars, as if to prove how fuckin' jazz-fusion he is now. He's a gobshite but still capable of a surprise, I hope.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:44 pm 

Daithi wrote:
TemplarOfSteel wrote:

Is that the first album? Yer wan makes that album completely unlistenable for me. The rest of them could be playing the greatest music ever heard, but she just kills everything. The follow-up, 'Formless', is much more enjoyable, though.

Read this a lot about Rivero's (Dobles sister, incidentally) vocals on the first record but I prefer them. They're more interesting than yer wan on Formless.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:48 pm 

pentagrimes wrote:
DuckyDoodleFace wrote:

Was that the inspiration for your username perhaps?

Didn't Mameli recently post something along the lines of "Chuck Schuldiner was a total pussy" on there recently only to delete it pretty swiftly?

Ha, no I used to be nicknamed Duck and wanted something that sounded really "un-metal" (and fuckin' stupid, evidently).

Wow, what a tosser. If Schuldiner was a "total pussy", wouldn't that make Mameli less than a total pussy, or a best a copycat (pun intended).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:52 pm 

Earl Grey wrote:
Agreed, Santiago is an awesome player. So much rather he did aghora 3 than more pestilence. Mameli is a busted flush at this stage.

You'd think it'd be perfect timing for Reinhart to get back on board with Aghora too. Here's hoping something materialises in the future.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next