Back
  One Album You Listened to Today

Page: Previous  1 ... 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243 ... 252  Next

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:47 pm 

prof. wedgie wrote:
Speaking of which, had Book of Souls on earlier. Could be great if nearly every song was about half the length. The Red and the Black probably being the worst culprit

Yea its the one thing that is leaving them down nowadays. Way to much fat around the edges. They could of just released 8-9 really solid tracks instead of a two part opera full of wank.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:09 pm 

Disharmonic orchestra - pleasuredome
Disincarnate - dreams of the carrion kind

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:43 am 

The Black - The Priest of Satan, fantastic album. Another great piece of work by Jon Nödtveidt. Great Scandinavian Black Metal atmosphere, with strong song from start to finish!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:21 pm 

Faith No More - Sol Invictus
Clutch - Psychic Warfare

Really digging Sol now after not giving it enough spins when first picked if up. Dusted off Psychic for first time in ages, self-imposed ban after overplaying it in the months after it came out - thoroughly enjoying it again, really is a great album. New one out in Sept ...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:41 am 

Brox wrote:
Daithi wrote:
Brox wrote:
The Night Flight Orchestra -Sometimes the world ain't enough.

... just a big slice of cheesy 80s poppy rock,great for playing in the car in this sunny weather,you listen to it and think that sounds like something else but just can't think what ...

Kiss. I haven't heard the new one yet, but ever since 'Internal Affairs' they've, for the most part, been a Kiss tribute band. Unlike Kiss, though, they manage about a 8:2 hit to miss ratio whereas Kiss albums are always about 5:5. 'Skyline Whispers' is still their best for me.

Tbh never heard or knew anything about them until Friday night...they have some great catchy tunes,listening to Amber Galactic now, definitely has an early Kiss vibe to it mixed in with Journey/Boston/Survivor/Toto/early Foreigner style melodies and vocals....must grab the other one you mentioned.

Interestingly, the sticker on the front of the new CD refers to it as their third album. Seems Nuclear Blast don't know a whole lot about their own band either.

North from here, running amok amongst the shadows of the past
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:49 pm 

Bathory - Requiem

Original Black Mark sealed cassette picked up in that cool wee record shop in Armagh today. Problem is now I can't bring myself to break the seal on it after it's been pristine in it's cellophane wrap for almost a quarter of a century. I know I will eventually, but..just..not..yet. So I've had the CD version on instead.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:55 pm 

Thorn wrote:
Bathory - Requiem

Original Black Mark sealed cassette picked up in that cool wee record shop in Armagh today. Problem is now I can't bring myself to break the seal on it after it's been pristine in it's cellophane wrap for almost a quarter of a century. I know I will eventually, but..just..not..yet. So I've had the CD version on instead.

You've far more self control than I do. Couldn't be trusted to buy something and not play it.

North from here, running amok amongst the shadows of the past
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:10 pm 

Never had this before. I'm not one for putting the aesthetics or any monetary value before the music . It just got me today that this cassette was sealed and released in 1994. Seems like yesterday to me but it is almost a quarter of a century.

Anyway, shout out for that shop in Armagh, fucking pleasure and a novelty nowadays ,tonnes of vinyl there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:36 am 

Death - Human (Relapse remix)

After all the talk of TSOP yesterday I gave that a good few listens and it's a quality offering, no doubt about it. Today, though, it's time for Human. So good, I still remember so much from the day I bought it and listened to little else in the months afterwards (generally went between it and Unquestionable Presence, also bought on the same day) up to the McGonagles gig in February 92. Human has always been a big deal for me.

The Relapse reissue from a few years back is one of the few remixed albums which adds clarity and refinement without taking anything away from the original. Reinert and DiGiorgio get a little bit more presence (particularly the cymbal work) but it doesn't sound too different to what you know and love as to distract. It's well worth picking up for anyone who enjoys this album.

Human sounded like a massive step forward at the time, and it was, but, in hindsight, the real technical leap came with ITP. Human is much, much closer to Spiritual Healing than it appears. The songs are quite rudimentary in comparison to what came later. The real feature of Human is the playing, Reinert and DiGiorgio especially. They are the ones who made Human what it is. The effect of that on Chuck resulted in the more adventurous writing on ITP. As such, it's the perfect balance between the simplistic brutality of early Death and the refined technicality of what came after. Still awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:40 am 

Death - Scream Bloody Gore for this morning's commute.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:13 am 

Wishbone Ash - Argus and Endless Skies from Ashbury are this mornings listening.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:02 am 

Danzig 3- How the Gods Kill

Bought at a record fair recently as I had lost my original copy. I prefer this over Danzig 2 personally, maybe a bit more over the top than the latter, had 'sistinas' on repeat and it always amazes me how Glenn Danzig was able to channel the voices of Roy Orbison and Elvis so effortlessly, though he was doing that back in the Misfits days. I also must rebuy Danzig 4, as that is also an amazing album. Have not listened to any other Danzig since then, something tells me it’s probably not as good.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:37 am 

Tomb Mold - Manor Of Infinite Forms
Lingua lgnota - All Bitches Die

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:43 am 

Blotted Science - The Machination of Dementia

This album is just nuts at times.

Also randomly listened to I should Coco by Supergrass. Pretty fucking good.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:41 pm 

leatherface wrote:
Danzig 3- How the Gods Kill

Bought at a record fair recently as I had lost my original copy. I prefer this over Danzig 2 personally, maybe a bit more over the top than the latter, had 'sistinas' on repeat and it always amazes me how Glenn Danzig was able to channel the voices of Roy Orbison and Elvis so effortlessly, though he was doing that back in the Misfits days. I also must rebuy Danzig 4, as that is also an amazing album. Have not listened to any other Danzig since then, something tells me it’s probably not as good.

Love that album, probably my favourite Danzig one.

KXM - s/t

A "supergroup" who are actually worth the bother, both albums are belters.

Page: Previous  1 ... 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243 ... 252  Next