Back
  Wytch Hazel 'Prelude' LP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:34 pm 

Wytch Hazel have an album due out next month, which is good to see. The production is spot on- ballsy and gritty, staying true to the rawness of the previous recordings while beefing the sound up a lot more. The new song and re-recorded 'Wytch Hazel' are streaming now. I hope (to God) I'll catch these guys live soon as their show would be a serious Friday night out. Bangin, innit!

http://wytchhazel.bad-omen-records.com/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:41 am 

Please let them play flying v's.. They are excellent- was waiting on shit vocals but that's beezer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:06 am 

If blaze Bayley had sang for diamond head. And that's a good thing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:54 am 

That's great to hear they've a full-length coming out.

I was only thinking of them last night - 'The Truth' is a really enjoyable little release. They're lo-fi as fuck, but the songs are great.

Sadly the Bad Omen website looks to be down at the moment...hopefully that isn't a bad omenaaaAAAHHHH

Edit: Seems to be responding again now. It's a bit mad hearing them so clearly now, but it's sounding very solid.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:49 pm 

Eoin McLove wrote:
Wytch Hazel have an album due out next month, which is good to see. The production is spot on- ballsy and gritty, staying true to the rawness of the previous recordings while beefing the sound up a lot more. The new song and re-recorded 'Wytch Hazel' are streaming now. I hope (to God) I'll catch these guys live soon as their show would be a serious Friday night out. Bangin, innit!

http://wytchhazel.bad-omen-records.com/

They're playing a free gig in The Black Heart in London on 23rd April, but it's a Saturday!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:22 am 

The second album 'II: Sojourn' is out at the start of August. 'Prelude' was a pretty decent listen so I look forward to hearing this.

Three new tracks and pre-order options are up on their Bandcamp: https://wytchhazel.bandcamp.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:47 am 

Very ‘Argus’ looking cover, this bodes well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:36 am 

I love Prelude. I had a listen to a song off this and it didn't make much impact but I'll pick it up as I reckon there'll be a few gems hidden in there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:12 am 

Prelude was fuggin only brilliant, still listen to it regularly.

Can't wait for the Sojourn LP to land, pre-ordered it a good while back, so I did.

the best Robbin Hood Jevus Freak rock band ever I reckon.