Back
  Bardo Methodology
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:28 pm 

Last I heard it could be a while before anything new surfaces.

Eoin McLove wrote:
Told you.

Indeed you did. Went back to it after hanging out with Matthias last year and it clicked for me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:28 pm 

open face surgery wrote:
Have been on a Funereal Presence binge the last week or two as well. Such a fucking great album. Didn't grab me at first for some unbeknownst reason but been a standard for the last 12 months or so.

Great album. Must give it a replay soon. It always felt like a great accompaniment to 'Relinquishment' by Ordinance (or vice versa), but that could simply be due to originally hearing both around the same time.

Slaughterday wrote:
Can't really place what's great about this guy's interviewing style, but every interview sucks you in. The Procession and D666 ones in particular are well worth a read.

Quite sure the interviewer has met many of the bands/individuals covered to date face-to-face over the last few years and that lends an intimacy and organic flow to the pieces.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:21 am 

I've stated at the start, Degial, Watain and Solstice so far. A great resource with a proper insight into the actual people or persons behind the music and the aesthetic.

It couldn't be more removed from what I grew up with. Thanks to Darragh for the link.

To others, what others sites / blogs would you recommend in a similar vein?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:26 am 

I don't think there's any other blog/zine as engaging.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:46 am 

open face surgery wrote:
I don't think there's any other blog/zine as engaging.

I haven't come across anything remotely as engaging as Bardo Methodology anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:59 pm 

That excellent Antaeus piece finally sheds some light on their seemingly constant bad luck.

Great to see a new album's on the way.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:14 pm 

Qrixkuor interview up now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:49 pm 

Anyone with a penchant for Dark Ambient should check out the Atrium Carceri interview on Bardo.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:05 pm 

Bardo recently conducted an interview about Invictus etc and yesterday published an interview with the fascinating Graham Hancock about his investigations into the mysteries of creation and consciousness.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:29 pm 

Both really good reads. Hopefully a book/compendium will be assembled at some stage.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:39 pm 

Bardo popped up on my Facebook feed (possibly as a sponsored link), gave it a click, some good reading on it!,

I remember reading Hancock's "Heaven's Mirror" when I was spaced out in hospital when I was 16, cool stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:32 pm 

Bölzer interview online at Bardo now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:07 pm 

Good read. It's bound to ruffle feathers but it's honest and passionate. I'm really looking forward to getting the album. This and the new Cultes des Ghoules record stand out in the morass as being something really unique.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:19 pm 

I'm skipping the Bölzer interview so I can wait for Team Rock's Top 10 Bands from Switzerland article.

footloose onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:37 pm 

That is one of the best interviews I've ever read. Nietzsche, among other things mentioned there, said that the highest point an individual can reach is when they manage to harness all of the diverse influences that have gone into constructing them in order to steer all of them towards the creation of a unified, individual "style" of existence and expression. Okoi, already clear in his music, here demonstrates again that he has quite brilliantly succeeded in attaining to this.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next