Back
  Releases for 2017

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:44 pm 

New Origin album coming this summer.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:17 pm 

Eliminator wrote:

Saw them live back in August they have turned to shit since that Jason gimp joined them. Not a band I listen to much anymore but they were much better when they had the fat guy on vocals.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:00 am 

mickO))) wrote:
Eliminator wrote:

Saw them live back in August they have turned to shit since that Jason gimp joined them. Not a band I listen to much anymore but they were much better when they had the fat guy on vocals.

I'd agree with that. I actually thought Skinless were ok and enjoyed their Dublin gigs with Jason in the past. I left the pub to watch Origin at Incineration Fest last year and expected them to be ok with Jason but couldn't believe how bad they've become. There was no re-entry so I had to put up with half an hour too much of them!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:00 am 

Morbid Angel :P

My guess is that it will be less crap than the Ilud album (not hard) but it will just as crap as the Heretic album. But we can always hope... maybe Trey learned his lesson. Doubt it though. Seeing them team up with Suffocation for the new tour is hopefully a nod in the right direction at least...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:11 am 

Oskorei wrote:
surly to fuck we are due a new behemoth album!

They are writing it at the moment so hopefully have one by years end at least.

Apart from that I'm only really looking forward to the new Mastodon album. Nothing else is taking my fancy so far.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:48 pm 

dawals wrote:
mickO))) wrote:
Eliminator wrote:

I'd agree with that. I actually thought Skinless were ok and enjoyed their Dublin gigs with Jason in the past. I left the pub to watch Origin at Incineration Fest last year and expected them to be ok with Jason but couldn't believe how bad they've become. There was no re-entry so I had to put up with half an hour too much of them!

Haven't seen them yet with the new fella but I loved the last album. The songs seem to have a bit of structure to them now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:21 pm 

Floss wrote:
Morbid Angel :P

My guess is that it will be less crap than the Ilud album (not hard) but it will just as crap as the Heretic album. But we can always hope... maybe Trey learned his lesson. Doubt it though. Seeing them team up with Suffocation for the new tour is hopefully a nod in the right direction at least...

Wether they're going "back to the roots" for this one or not, you're probably right. I had kinda hoped Rutan might be back on board but nope, the new guitarist is....some guy who did the artwork for their website. Oh well. I'll give it a go but I have zero expectations.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:37 pm 

Nothing bar Wild Rocket is getting my hopes up thus far. The Mastodon will be amazing no doubt but I'm sure there will more to come once the surface has been scratched

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:09 am 

New Nightbringer out on April 17th
New track is fierce!
http://decibelmagazine.com/blog/2017/1/ ... erpent-sun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:50 pm 

Emptiness - Not for Music

Drops next week, I believe 20 Jan. very much enjoyed Nothing but the Whole.

@Gonzo that Nightbringer track is ferocious!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:39 pm 

I just discovered there'll be a Sanctuary album coming out in February. It's actually an unreleased album from '86 called 'Inception.' A number of the songs were released two years later on 'Refuge Denied.' It's probably just a barely listenable attempt to cash in on the merest of scraps but as a fan of just about everything Warrell Dane puts his hand to (the exception being the unremarkable last Nevermore album) I'm looking forward to it nevertheless; especially given how mental his vocals were back then.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:24 pm 

Daithi wrote:
I just discovered there'll be a Sanctuary album coming out in February. It's actually an unreleased album from '86 called 'Inception.' A number of the songs were released two years later on 'Refuge Denied.' It's probably just a barely listenable attempt to cash in on the merest of scraps but as a fan of just about everything Warrell Dane puts his hand to (the exception being the unremarkable last Nevermore album) I'm looking forward to it nevertheless; especially given how mental his vocals were back then.

He's been working on another solo album for a while now, hopefully will get released this year too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:21 pm 

DOOMSCHMOKER wrote:
particularly looking forward to this lot...

Cavity - after death (LP ordered!!)

Wha!!!!!??!! Didn't realize they were recording. Thought they just got back to play a few gigs.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:16 am 

The Flight Of Sleipner - Skadi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:46 am 

Venenum finally lashing out "Trance of Death" in March. Looking forward to that.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next