Back
  Raw and astral BM.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:08 am 

Eoin McLove wrote:
Hopefully that Kataxu stuff is still available as it is really good.

Should be handy enough to pick up elements of hunger it was reissued by darker than black on vinyl too.

The root s thunder ep is hard enough to come by now though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:10 am 

Best thread on MI in ages. Loads of gold. Cheers lads.

I'll venture AURVANDIL. Not raw, but they give me that glacial, cold, 'astral' feeling. It's been a favourite of mine this year.
https://aurvandil.bandcamp.com/album/thrones

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:25 am 

Not raw at all but I guess any mention of 'astral' you kinda gotta mention limbonic art as well, I guess you obviously know them, but still moon in the Scorpio is a fucking stone cold classic.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:48 am 

Memnarch wrote:
Not raw at all but I guess any mention of 'astral' you kinda gotta mention limbonic art as well, I guess you obviously know them, but still moon in the Scorpio is a fucking stone cold classic.

Ah how the fuck did i forget limbonic art!! Are they still goin? They used to be signed to supernal. That was one of alex kurtagic's babys, think hes gone full on into the nationalist philosophy speaking/writing end of things.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:35 am 

Something a bit more obvious maybe but I think Inquisition's full lenght from last year would fit the bill nicely. Obvious Popeye in space jokes aside it's a savage album from start to finish.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:09 pm 

A great thread indeed, many bands I've until now never heard of. Not raw, possibly earlier material and probably mentioned but I've been listening to a lot of Oranssi Pazuzu lately. Haven't listened to Limbonic in a long time. Agreed with Inquisition still spinning their recent effort regularly.

Last edited by OpenSores on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:11 pm 

Oskorei wrote:
Memnarch wrote:

Ah how the fuck did i forget limbonic art!! Are they still goin? They used to be signed to supernal. That was one of alex kurtagic's babys, think hes gone full on into the nationalist philosophy speaking/writing end of things.

I don't think limbonic art were ever on supernal .they were on nocturnal art at one stage ,samoths label.

Anyway they are a class band .in abhorrence dementia and dynasty of death being my pick

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:54 pm 

gordon wrote:
Oskorei wrote:
Memnarch wrote:

I don't think limbonic art were ever on supernal .they were on nocturnal art at one stage ,samoths label.

Anyway they are a class band .in abhorrence dementia and dynasty of death being my pick

Apologies, i always thought they were on supernal. Great band though, good call. I was actually thinking of Benighted Leams.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:59 pm 

I think I'll have to dust off my old Limbonic Art boxset, it has been a long time since I've listened to them.

Aurvandil sound pretty good, quite similar to a lot of stuff that has been coming out of Poland in recent years (no bad thing). Evilfeast are the pick of the bands I had never heard of before this thread started though. Class stuff altogether!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:37 pm 

Maybe not that raw, but pretty astral:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPEmHjOse6s

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:28 pm 

I listened to the Veiled demo tape again today for the umpteenth time and was thinking that they would definitely fit the bill.

https://youtu.be/fMpkLsSFeT0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:38 pm 

Funny, in terms of astral BM I always loved Limbonic Art. But I went back to the debut yesterday for a few spins and it has dated absolutely horrifically badly. I dont know how I ever got past those vocals at all.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:00 am 

Turia from Holland are pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8MfXrHuqcI&t=248s

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:25 am 

Black Cilice are hitting the 'raw' mark lately. Great stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:37 pm 

Mesarthim are one of my favourite bands at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM1n6QD0maU

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next