Back
  Most Sparsely Attended Gig You've Been to?

Page: Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:56 pm 

mickO))) wrote:
I think in Ireland a lot of people are lazy when it comes to gigs

to be honest i will only go to a gig if i really want to see the band. and the fact that travelling to dublin for the night is quite expensive im not going to go see someone i only have a bit of interest in. saying that if gigs were on my doorstep (galway) id probably attend loads of them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:15 am 

mickO))) wrote:
Cryptic Stench wrote:
Taake played fibbers years ago and I think 5 people showed up

:lol: :lol: I was at the gig a lot more than 5 people showed up. I was at the Cork show the following night as well which if I remember correctly had 60 payers and the place looked empty compared to the Dublin show.

Was there too, definitely wasn't too badly attended though I do recall H commenting after on here that it was a bit low, but think it was a midweek gig.

Either way so many people on here are full of shit in this thread when it comes to low numbers, what they call 5 is probably at least 50 people.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:47 am 

The Taake turnout was a joke lads but yeah ye are right people are pretty bad at putting numbers on these things.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:48 pm 

Cryptic Stench wrote:
The Taake turnout was a joke lads but yeah ye are right people are pretty bad at putting numbers on these things.

Pinhead wrote:
mickO))) wrote:
Cryptic Stench wrote:
Taake played fibbers years ago and I think 5 people showed up

:lol: :lol: I was at the gig a lot more than 5 people showed up. I was at the Cork show the following night as well which if I remember correctly had 60 payers and the place looked empty compared to the Dublin show.

Was there too, definitely wasn't too badly attended though I do recall H commenting after on here that it was a bit low, but think it was a midweek gig.

Either way so many people on here are full of shit in this thread when it comes to low numbers, what they call 5 is probably at least 50 people.

:lol: I am bad at judging crowds as well but not as bad as some others on here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:36 am 

welshchris wrote:
Dalek - Black box Belfast about 6 people there.

Wasn't that cannibal corpse Show the DP put on years ago that nearly nearly put an end to their promotion incredibly badly attended? (I wasn't there, not a band for me)

I'm sure you're saying 6 for dramatic effect but it was more like 20. Shocking turn out regardless.

Amen in Spring & Airbrake was pretty poor, maybe 40/50?

Johnny Truant in Voodoo Lounge in 2007 had maybe 30 there. More people in support bands than actual punters.

The Ocean in the Limelight had maybe 30 or so at it.

I can't remember but Tombs/The Secret in Auntie Annie's hadn't a great turn out to my knowledge.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:55 am 

Cryptic Stench wrote:

That was the one with Vulture Industries? It was a good show but the numbers were awful. A good bit more than 5 people at it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:25 pm 

maggotmoore wrote:
welshchris wrote:
Dalek - Black box Belfast about 6 people there.

Wasn't that cannibal corpse Show the DP put on years ago that nearly nearly put an end to their promotion incredibly badly attended? (I wasn't there, not a band for me)

I'm sure you're saying 6 for dramatic effect but it was more like 20. Shocking turn out regardless.

Pretty sure Pete who got dropped into taking care of the show (after the actual promoter didn't make the show) told me 6 payers, it kinda stuck with me.. always possible I'm mistaken. Maybe a few more with tour manager, driver etc. But either way yeah crap turn out.

remember them playing the Limelight to a tiny number as well, maybe 25.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:56 am 

Breed 77 I saw in the old limelight and the singer even commented that 'theres not many people here so let make it look like a rock concert'.
They came back the next year and played the spring and airbrake to an equally poor turn out and he once again made the same comment to rally the crowd up.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:12 am 

November last year at The Craufurd Arms Milton Keynes I The Skull with about 50 others in a venue which would have held 400 to 500.Although Eric Wagners other band Blackfinger have just released a second album it's easy to see why they ll not be coming back to UK or Ireland for a tour anytime soon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:53 pm 

Skinlab, Labrat and (I think) Ted Maul in Sir Henry's around 2000ish. About a third full at the back room. Labrat were decent as far as I remember. Skinlab couldn't have cared less to be where they were.

Also, Unsane 2004 Cruiscin Lan, which has been mentioned - played to next to no-one. Still gave it socks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:47 am 

Nail_Bombed wrote:
Skinlab, Labrat and (I think) Ted Maul in Sir Henry's around 2000ish. About a third full at the back room. Labrat were decent as far as I remember. Skinlab couldn't have cared less to be where they were.

I was at that show. The lads in Skinlab were all but looking at their watches every few minutes.

Nail_Bombed wrote:
Also, Unsane 2004 Cruiscin Lan, which has been mentioned - played to next to no-one. Still gave it socks.

That's 3 of us on here who were at it so - would the other six mind putting their hands up?

Another one I thought of was Oxbow in the old Cruiscin - when it was a pub and the front and a venue at the back -before they knocked the room into one large space. I remember the poster for the gig having some quote from Eugene Robinson, the singer, stating something about getting his lad in your mouth during an Oxbow show.

The band kicked off and tried to get the small-ish crowd to come closer to the stage. No one budged. 2 songs in, Eugene (dressed in nothing but black underpants) addresses the place;

"That quote on the poster is taken out of context. I assure you nobody is getting my dick in their mouth. Move a little closer."

It was a great gig, to be fair.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:03 am 

The final Cruiscín gig had a pretty dire turn-out, too.

Putrefy with Skewered and one other I can't remember.
All bands played great, too. But maybe 5 or 6 payers?

There was fuck all promo done for it as the place was literally shutting down as the gig took place. Gig was put on more to make up to the band for the previous KKK debacle, as it was Putrefy who were on stage for that, if I remember correctly.

Don't know why they didn't plug it as a final blow-out night with a cheap booze and DJ after.

I think Jim told me too, that the pedestal they used at the door for gigs literally fell apart after that gig. A sure sign that the Cruiscín's goose was well and truly cooked, at that stage. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:19 pm 

I remember seeing Desecration,BTK,foetal juice,and the Obscene machine in cypruss avenue a couple of years ago,I'd say 20-30 max.It was a great gig tho despite the Low turnout.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:45 pm 

Taking Desecration as an example, who books a band that draws consistently shit numbers? Those lads have been here a fair few times over the years and I can never remember there being more than 20-30 at any of the gigs!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:23 pm 

Desecreation played the cruiscin a few times 7/8/9 years ,turnouts weren't bad.They played Freds about 17/18 years ago to about 40 people.
There was 180 at their gig with Morphosis in 1995 in Cork.

Page: Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next