Back
  Paradise Lost - Medusa

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:17 am 

Initial concern of crises avoided! While not usually a huge fan of these vocals particularly given their dominance on this record, am loving this record and finding all the vocals sensational.

Think the front-runner is the title track closely followed by the excellent Until The Grave.

Seeing the band live later this year and am pumped \m/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:45 pm 

Yeah after 1-2 or even more listens I found it disappointing. But I've rarely heard such a clear grower as this. Title track is magic.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:52 pm 

greg's new haircut is very ontrend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:24 pm 

WardyS1 wrote:
Initial concern of crises avoided! While not usually a huge fan of these vocals particularly given their dominance on this record, am loving this record and finding all the vocals sensational.

Think the front-runner is the title track closely followed by the excellent Until The Grave.

Seeing the band live later this year and am pumped \m/

yeah heading to see them myself, suppose i better get a listen to this new one! i didnt really take to the plague within so hoping this will impact more

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:13 am 

I don't know lads. This is as dull as the last few for me, it just sounds like they're giving the fans what they think they want to hear at this point. If I'm in the mood for PL I can't see myself reaching for this over earlier material.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:18 am 

Having given this a go, I can honestly say that in my opinion it is a worse album than Believe in Nothing.

I was actually thinking while it was on "sweet jesus, this is nearly as bad as Believe in Nothing", so I threw on the BiN just to see, like.
It is actually better than their last 3 albums at least, maybe the last 5 or 6.

But more than BiN being very good or anything like that (a bit like Host rejects or something), it is more of a case of things are gone so bad now it makes it look good.

I think after this thing, I'm finished with anything new from these lads. :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:30 pm 

I saw them live about 10 years ago, they were great live.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:25 pm 

astfgyl wrote:
Having given this a go, I can honestly say that in my opinion it is a worse album than Believe in Nothing.

I was actually thinking while it was on "sweet jesus, this is nearly as bad as Believe in Nothing", so I threw on the BiN just to see, like.

But more than BiN being very good or anything like that (a bit like Host rejects or something), it is more of a case of things are gone so bad now it makes it look good.

If you havent yet, get in requiem

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:36 am 

skyr wrote:
astfgyl wrote:

If you havent yet, get in requiem

I tried it when it came out and I didn't like it at all. It might be just me that has moved on from whatever it is they are at. I guess it is because I was so into them when I was younger that I really want to like their albums and it just isn't happening for me. As such, I get a bit overly disappointed with each new release. It probably isn't even as bad as I think, from a neutral perspective.

Ah well, at least I'll always have Shades of God to take away from the experience

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:55 am 

for me icon is the album that really made them special...but we cant be 15 again and they cant be 24 again.

if you can take it in isolation in requiem is a real grower and jeff singer's drumming is SUPERB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:27 am 

skyr wrote:
jeff singer's drumming is SUPERB

Finally someone else has noticed that! :shock: :lol: Some really, really tasteful playing on that album. Not one hit in the wrong place or not adding to the songs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:50 am 

So far it is going in one ear and out the other

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:00 am 

brianwilliams82 wrote:
skyr wrote:
jeff singer's drumming is SUPERB

Finally someone else has noticed that! :shock: :lol: Some really, really tasteful playing on that album. Not one hit in the wrong place or not adding to the songs.

I've long been resigned to the fact noone notices half the great albums bands release nor why they're great

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5