Back
  Paradise Lost - Medusa

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:49 pm 

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/paradi ... is-summer/

This time, PARADISE LOST will haunt their fans with a heavy, doom-ridden monster, as lead guitarist and songwriter Greg Mackintosh reveals. "The new album will be slower, sludgier and more doom-filled than ever before," he said. "Eight riff-laden monster tracks of sheer Northern misery."

PARADISE LOST's fifteenth studio album, titled "Medusa", will see the light of day at the end of summer via Nuclear Blast.

Awesome news. The last one was spectacular (as usual).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:31 pm 

Plague was a monster cannot wait to hear what they come up with. Been a fan since Gothic and embrassed to say I've never seen em' in the flesh. Shame.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:37 pm 

Really enjoyed plague within, hopefully this will equate.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:13 pm 

In the minority here, but bar one or two tracks didn't care for the last album. First one I didn't enjoy for many years, probably Believe in Nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:34 pm 

Plague was awful lads. This will be the first PL album in many years that I won't buy without listening to it in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:10 pm 

With the exception of 'Beneath Broken Earth' which is a beast the plague within was a thoroughly forgettable album. Will give this a shot, none the less.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:22 pm 

I'm with Daithi. They've gone backwards in a bad way. Pass.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:51 pm 

Funny I just had the self titled on in the car there yesterday. I just to love it at the time, thought every track was a winner.

Now... not so much. It hasnt aged well, though there are some bangers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:23 pm 

After their last few albums, I'll take 'Northern misery' to mean 'pomp choruses with harmonised guitar leads'.

I'm not getting my hopes up again. PL haven't returned to their roots; it's just that Nick found his growl again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:09 pm 

This is typical of can't do right for doing wrong !! No matter what they do there's whingers !! The last record was deadly , as was tragic and faith divides !! But they were all new PL with a nod to the past , if you want Lost Paradise then put the fucking thing on and enjoy it , but don't look for it in 50 year old men !!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:21 pm 

Bizarre statement. Paradise Lost, much like Katatonia or Anathema have been to a point, on a musical journey, evolving from album to album. I'd say from faith onwards there's been a cold and calculated attempt to return to the sounds of those early records.

So you're saying don't expect them to sound like that, though the band themselves desperately are.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:32 pm 

Cryptic Stench wrote:
Bizarre statement. Paradise Lost, much like Katatonia or Anathema have been to a point, on a musical journey, evolving from album to album. I'd say from faith onwards there's been a cold and calculated attempt to return to the sounds of those early records.

So you're saying don't expect them to sound like that, though the band themselves desperately are.

You think , fair enough, but i think they just found a love for a heavy tune due to side projects or whatever and have been a slave to marketing or over analysis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:05 am 

I'd rather they revisited their sound on 'Host' to be honest.

It's more the claims from the band and fans that they'd gone back to their old style with their last album that bothered me, because it wasn't true.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:38 pm 

I'm at a loss to understand how any fans of the older style of the band could find Plague dull or similar. It's a cracking album. Tragic idol and faith divides were also excellent to my ears. High hopes for this next one.

The self titled album is excellent too btw.

The only ones I tend to ignore these days are believe in nothing and Requiem. Host gets an occasional spin even. Quality band that are definitely on another career peak these last few years and long may it continue. Hope to see them here once the new one is out again. ..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:55 pm 

The last few have been spin a few times then forget or reach for superior PL material.

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next