Back
  Paradise Lost - Medusa

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:14 pm 

I enjoy everything they've done up to and including Host, with Draconian Times firmly on the top of the list. Believe in Nothing is awful, everything since seems to have promise but has very little replay value. Plenty of good songs but they never seem to have the lasting power of their old albums. Most recent album again seems like it would be great on first playthrough, but wore off after just a few spins and now I can barely remember a song on it.

I do think they have another good album in them, and will definitely give this a go when it comes out. Would like to see them live again too, only got to see them once opening up for Devin Townsend and Katatonia a few years back, sound was awful and the vocals patchy for the first few tunes, once they got a few in it was great but ended two songs later.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:21 am 

New song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufs-kLZFyjU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:32 pm 

Big type o negative sound? No?
Shite lyrics

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:38 pm 

Listened, or rather attempted to listen to, the new song yesterday.

It's so bloody average on every level that I had to stop it about 2 mins in. A bad Black Sabbath rip off, horribly modern production and very much 'going through the motions'.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:22 pm 

These boys have been going through the motions since Host. Love it or hate it, that's the last record where they've given a fuck about what they're doing. Last two records in particular are dismal.

Next.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:37 pm 

Last album was excellent. I was excited about their new one but that song is pretty average and isn't doing much for me. Hope the rest of the album is better.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:56 pm 

I was in the minority not liking the last album and I'm in the minority again, clearly, as I actually think that track is pretty good.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:53 am 

TheCompost wrote:
Last album was excellent. I was excited about their new one but that song is pretty average and isn't doing much for me. Hope the rest of the album is better.

My thoughts exactly. Its an OK first song but nothing stand out. The last album was a beauty. Terminal was the first track I heard off that I think and it was far better than this one. Beneath Broken Earth it ain't... hope the rest is better.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:13 pm 

First proper video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Jh36O ... IeczSPprab

I dunno. A couple of listens in and its not stand out. Lets see though. Maybe a grower. "Symbolic Virtue" on Spotify is a better track.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:29 pm 

In Requiem is the last one from these guys that sounds as if they care. It's a really good album...plague within just felt stale

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:49 pm 

Fairly bland track. Certainly not single-worthy so I'd be a bit worried about the rest.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:41 am 

Yeah that's terribly bland and uninspiring.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:26 am 

I might yet be proved wrong, but first few spins of the whole thing and its very flat feeling.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:58 am 

Earl Grey wrote:
I might yet be proved wrong, but first few spins of the whole thing and its very flat feeling.

:cry: oh dear...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:37 pm 

I got the Blood and Chaos 7" its not bad. Have to say the sound isn't great. (Not because of the vinyl) I had to change the EQ on my system before it started to click.

I do like it, after a few listens I liked it more.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next