Back
  Fu manchu.

Page: 1, 2  Next

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:53 pm 

Easily one of my favourite bands of all time-I am praying they do a European tour again soon otherwise I'm going to have to xanex it over to Trumpland. The production, drumming, riff writing and even their penchant for vans and skateboarding.. all these things make them somehow better than all of YOUR favourite bands. Godzilla, mongoose, hell on wheels.. Jesus Christ they are fab.

Anyway, glad to get that off my chest.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:57 pm 

class band without a doubt!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:24 am 

Agreed.

Some band altogether.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:58 am 

Great band got into em' via Nebula.

Listening to 'Go For It!...Live' quality.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:02 am 

The guitar sound that is favourite is on 'In Search Of..'. The growl of the riffs to the end of Solid Hex and on The Falcon Has Landed is immense. They have never really had that again probably due to the lineup change. Strange to say this about a band of that style but the warts an all attack was lost after Hell On Wheels despite still being heavy. California Crossing was just an embarrassment. I heard they said their gear got lost or something. The last couple of albums have had some cracker songs on them. The Action Is Go tour shows were fantastic. When Nebula were doing an early session for Peel he said 'Perhaps Rock is the new Rock'. I liked that. Strutting stuff!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:14 am 

Tboat wrote:
The guitar sound that is favourite is on 'In Search Of..'. The growl of the riffs to the end of Solid Hex and on The Falcon Has Landed is immense. They have never really had that again probably due to the lineup change. Strange to say this about a band of that style but the warts an all attack was lost after Hell On Wheels despite still being heavy. California Crossing was just an embarrassment. I heard they said their gear got lost or something. The last couple of albums have had some cracker songs on them. The Action Is Go tour shows were fantastic. When Nebula were doing an early session for Peel he said 'Perhaps Rock is the new Rock'. I liked that. Strutting stuff!

I have to say, California crossing is one of my favourites! Anyhow, this is the tone to which I assume you were referring. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zA32ehJHtD4 The recording process hasn't changed much since the first albums, still in Scott's studio as far as I know? It just makes a mockery of the standard of recording these days, someone mentioned Maidens stuff lacking balls... has to be connected to playing live with the stage volume being so ridiculous back in the day.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:50 am 

This is the tone and style at it's peak. Eddie Glass was king! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbEZ43IV3XA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:50 am 

Unreal, nebula atomic, ball crushing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:14 pm 

I remember seeing them in the Rock Garden back in the day. Great band alright.

My bad. That was Nebula.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:48 am 

Didnt they support slayer over here one time?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:57 am 

Paul keohane wrote:
Didnt they support slayer over here one time?

yip, back in 2000 in the SFX.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:00 am 

Yeah, that was at the SFX in 2000 (had to google the year). I have no memory whatsoever of Fu Manchu that night, other than them being an odd choice of support.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:49 am 

John Kimble wrote:
Yeah, that was at the SFX in 2000 (had to google the year). I have no memory whatsoever of Fu Manchu that night, other than them being an odd choice of support.

Yeah it was an odd choice,i cant remember any of Fu that night,i think the excitement was building for slayer and i just wanted the support band to be done.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:07 pm 

Would have been some gig, wonder if any footage is out there

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:18 pm 

Fantastic band. Still remember that show they did in the limelight that was cut short because of prtrol bombs and crap over the road.

Page: 1, 2  Next