Back
  New Converge.

Page: 1, 2  Next

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:55 pm 

Converge just released a new single, the a-side is typical Converge but the b-side is more experimental, interesting to hear them do something almost symphonic in parts. Apparently they're just finishing their new album but the article doesn't say if the tracks will be on the album or it's a stand alone single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm3zkZX_FxI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSMciDRbhiw

http://www.npr.org/event/music/53904998 ... about-pain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:40 pm 

Just gave this a crack on the way in this morning, love it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:54 pm 

Second track is definitely sounding way more interesting. When they write somewhat longer songs, Converge really tend to deliver. 'Coral Blue' was a great cut off the last one.

First track is fine but the lyrics are kind of annoying.

Gonna catch them with Neurosis and Amenra next week. Hup!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:14 pm 

New album, "The Dusk In Us" was announced today, due for release on 3rd November. New song up off it too here, it's very good on first listen: https://youtu.be/rFmMswcPPzs.
If this new tune and the EP are anything to go by, this album is going to be savage.

ResidentOfBok wrote:
Gonna catch them with Neurosis and Amenra next week. Hup!

Well how good was that? That's some line up for a gig.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:21 pm 

I saw them this day two weeks ago enjoyed the gig but wasn't as good as the last time I saw in 2012 I think in Temple Bar. No stage diving or anything like that.

As for Neurosis I can't comment I have no interest in them and left before they started playing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:59 pm 

mickO))) wrote:
I saw them this day two weeks ago enjoyed the gig but wasn't as good as the last time I saw in 2012 I think in Temple Bar. No stage diving or anything like that.

As for Neurosis I can't comment I have no interest in them and left before they started playing.

Saw them in Brooklyn about 10 days ago. The singer from Converge just had his back turned on the crowd for the first 15 minutes or so, so I just went to the bar. The fact that his vocals were virtually inaudible didn't help matters.

You left before Neurosis? Jaysus. 'Locust Star' in Brooklyn was something to behold. Also met Dave the bassist outside the venue before it opened and he was sound, chatted to us for a few minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:23 pm 

Looking forward to this.

Kind of annoying that 'Eve' isn't on the album though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:39 pm 

Pre-ordered the album today after the last post. Going to have the EP and that song burned out on myself for the next two months while I wait.
lemmyisgod wrote:
Looking forward to this.

Kind of annoying that 'Eve' isn't on the album though.

Yeah I thought they would both make it on, but judging from the single released today off it and the press statement with it, a good portion of it might be a bit more along the lines of 'Eve'. Though I love Converge all round, I really love when they pull back into those slower, sludgier tracks. They absolutely excel at them.
mickO))) wrote:

Ah Jesus I can't believe you left before Neurosis. Those two bands are two of my favourites, would have killed to see that tour. Never seen either live, actually, must remedy that soon.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:22 pm 

I was just never into them. Saw them at Hellfest in 2007 I think watched 5 songs and then just headed for the bar :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:35 am 

The heavens fucking opened during their set that year. Watched Emperor absolutely drenched.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:33 pm 

ochoill wrote:
Well how good was that? That's some line up for a gig.

It was some line-up alright. Pretty impressed with Amenra. Very austere sort of stage set-up, no light and backs to the crowd. Good tunes, reminded me a bit of early Isis with all the big riffs.

Converge were grand. Good long set - almost a bit too long. Delighted they played 'Eagles Become Vultures' seeing as 'You Fail Me' is the album that got me into them. New stuff definitely sounded decent. I get the impression Bannon is making much more of an effort to interact with the crowd these days.

Neurosis were out of this world. Waited a long time to see them in a proper venue. Opened with 'Lost'...then straight into 'The Web'. Got totally sucked into the set. At some point some gobshite selling beer amongst the crowd was mouthing off at me but it was like some distant echo that I just ignored. Good few cuts off the new one which sounded really powerful. Finished with 'The Doorway' - so good. Went home in a bit of a daze.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:41 pm 

New song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsQ69nLEX84

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:51 pm 

I prefer the video to the song I Can Tell You About Pain than the song.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:08 pm 

Got copies of Converge - I can tell you about pain / eve 7" on both red and orange vinyl in distro as well as Jane doe, live at BBC, split with dropdead, all we love we left behind and unloved and weeded out all in webshop distrotable.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:00 pm 

This is very very good, murderously heavy all around. Delighted with it, going to be on repeat all weekend i'd say.

Page: 1, 2  Next