Back
  new threshold song

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:00 pm 

this sounds really good.
its taken from the new album which is out in september.
i was a bit disappointed to hear damian wilson has left them but this new singer sounds cool. i think he played on one of their earlier albums.
loved march of progress and i hope this one can better it.
such an under-rated band.
https://youtu.be/MT7vFM7U9gU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:04 pm 

Aye ,its very good, big fan since Clone and the Mac era.Took me a while to get used to Damian's voice again then he leaves lol....should be alot bigger than they are, shame they don't bother touring the UK too much..... couldn't really fault any of their back catalogue.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:49 am 

I wonder if they draw much larger crowds in mainland Europe as I don't think Pendragon tour much in the UK either.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:38 pm 

My Morning Song wrote:
I wonder if they draw much larger crowds in mainland Europe as I don't think Pendragon tour much in the UK either.

I have the Critical Mass live dvd filmed in Holland,looked like a Limelight size venue tbh,I would guess they could do similar buisiness here if they bothered,I remember Mac saying in an interview he was making nothing and his girlfriend worked overtime to give him money to tour with the band.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:06 pm 

I'd be fairly sure their profile is much higher over here in Germany than it is out west. They don't draw huge crowds - one of those bands that get lots of critical acclaim (regular album of the month awards since 'Hypothetical') without quite making the breakthrough outside of the music press - but at a very rough guess I'd imagine they can do between 200-300 a night. When I saw them in Pratteln on the 'Subsurface' tour there may even have been as many as 400. I think they may have been at their popular peak around then, though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:09 pm 

This is very good..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9NCuOe ... e=youtu.be

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:26 pm 

Brox wrote:

Totally agree.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:44 pm 

ive been listening to the album over the last few days and have to say its got way too much material on it.
the songs that are good are really good but the lengthy ones could seriously have done with trimming the fat of them.
snowblind, small dark lines, lost in translation and the shire part 2 are all excellent though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:51 pm 

blessed1 wrote:
ive been listening to the album over the last few days and have to say its got way too much material on it.
the songs that are good are really good but the lengthy ones could seriously have done with trimming the fat of them.
snowblind, small dark lines, lost in translation and the shire part 2 are all excellent though.

Aye...I just got a signed copy today from their Website,just ripped it for the mp3 player later.40mins disc one,41mins disc two.....could have easily made it one disc without losing much tbh....good stuff though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:34 pm 

Great album. But are my ears deceiving me or is Stars And Satellites almost note for note Youth Gone Wild in that intro!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:37 pm 

Earl Grey wrote:
Great album. But are my ears deceiving me or is Stars And Satellites almost note for note Youth Gone Wild in that intro!

i didnt upon first listen but now that you mention it ill never be able to un-hear it!