Back
  New Bruce Dickinson autobiography

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:19 am 

After the sonisphere gig in 2010 when we went back to our hotel we were drinking with a guy who worked backstage at gigs as a road manager or something and said that Bruce and Steve still don't like each other but get on with it. Something about Bruce being a public school boy and Harris being a working class lad (with several million in the bank)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:15 am 

It's clearly just business. Either party simply don't want to be playing toilets.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:45 am 

Hopefully he goes into great detail about why he hates Ireland and how he waves the Union Jack during The Trooper at every show just so he can get away with and specifically enjoy offending the Irish on the rare occasions they visit the island. I reckon he was forced to read Peig as a child.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:21 am 

Talisman wrote:
Should be interesting how he deals with leaving Maiden and what he thought of Steves and Nickos comments at the time, maybe hes having the first say in it as it'll all have to come out in the next instalment of the Maiden history, the 90s - the akward years!!!

See, this will be the problem with the book I think. It's fairly common knowledge why he left and the book will be written from the perspective of the fact he's in the band now. There won't be any bad-mouthing (or honesty) about his relationship with Harris.

I think generally their relationship is likely one of a marriage of convenience and mutual respect; their personalities seem very different. I'm doubtful it's a class issue - I think Smith was middle class too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:51 am 

Juggz wrote:
Hopefully he goes into great detail about why he hates Ireland and how he waves the Union Jack during The Trooper at every show just so he can get away with and specifically enjoy offending the Irish on the rare occasions they visit the island. I reckon he was forced to read Peig as a child.

Jesus again people with the Union Jack and The Trooper! News flash they wave this flag every time they play this song in every country/city they play! Its not like he is running around his house going "we're playing Ireland soon, I must find that Union Jack flag of mine so I can piss them off" Its relevant to the song!

Last edited by Black Wizard on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:53 am 

I dont want to read about Maiden in the book though. We know all that. I want to read about what he thinks, how he pushes himself - fencing, piloting, Blake... the guy is a proper polymath, a real powerhouse of just excelling in life.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:39 am 

Black Wizard wrote:
Juggz wrote:

Jesus again people with the Union Jack and The Trooper! News flash they wave this flag every time they play this song in every country/city they play! Its not like he is running around his house going "we're playing Ireland soon, I must find that Union Jack flag of mine so I can piss them off" Its relevant to the song!

Some people get jokes :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:36 am 

Juggz wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:
Juggz wrote:

Some people get jokes :wink:

Ah ok fair enough, I bit!! You just never can be to sure in here as some people are so serious in regards to this matter!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:34 pm 

franksidebottom wrote:
HallowedBeThyShane wrote:
I always found him to be a boring cunt. I think I will be giving this one a miss.

Are you being hypocritical or having a laugh? :lol:

I watched the special features in the Live at Rock and Rio festival once and I came to the conclusion that every member was the anti craic with Bruce being the main offender. There is just something about him that gets under my skin. He is the kind of prick who would call the garda on a few kids knacker drinking near his gaff.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:55 pm 

Not Nicko, surely!?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:01 pm 

PatrickReborn wrote:
Not Nicko, surely!?

I can't remember what the feature was involving him on that particular DVD but I don't know that much about him to be fair. He could be a bit gas. I vaguely recall something in the metal press about him giving up the gargle recently.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:03 pm 

Might pick this up. Would find a Janick Gers autobiography far more interesting. Story of a young man that wanted all his life to become ballerina but his overbearing parents instead forced him to join a heavy metal band. But after years of frustration he finally managed to marry the two. Dancing in the Halls of Valhalla it could be called.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:09 pm 

I wonder if he will address his dirtbird past. Wasnt he arrested on the Piece of Mind tour for pulling off a girl's bra on stage leaving her tits exposed? I recall hearing she sued him and it was settled out of court.

I think she won a radio contest or something. There is very little about it online bar the Piece of Mind Tour Wiki page. Seems all too convenient how it has been wiped from Maiden history.

Last edited by HallowedBeThyShane on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:09 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:15 pm 

HallowedBeThyShane wrote:
Seems all too convenient how it has been wiped from Maiden history.

Yeah, bit odd that the marketing brains behind one of the biggest metal bands in the world didn't publicise more an alleged sexual assault involving the lead singer. Could have really capitalised on that.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next