Back
  Master Of Puppets - Deluxe Edition

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:51 am 

https://www.metallica.com/blog/news/448 ... -re-master

Super looking box set. I think I may need to splash out on this. Of course it will be important to get the Kill Em All and Ride The Lightning deluxe versions to complete the set :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:05 am 

If I can find the super mega ultra deluxe edition with reasonable postage, then I'm in

where there's thunder and the wind shouts back
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:13 am 

did anyone pick up the remastered version of Kill em All and Ride the Lighning? Are they any use? I'm talking about just the remastering of the album, not the bells and whistles stuff in the box set.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:14 am 

The European site are still selling Ride the Lightning and Kill 'Em all.

https://metallica.probitymerch.com/prod ... yl-box-set

Not sure of postage to here. All ship from the UK.

Edit: Just checked and €19.63 shipping from the UK.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:24 am 

I got the ride the lightening deluxe of amazon for £102 all in last year, it was brand new and it was bought out of America, I'll be honest I thought I was gonna get stung by the post office but no it was delivered straight to the door no extra charges

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:31 am 

Bloody excellent!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:37 am 

wiseblood wrote:
The European site are still selling Ride the Lightning and Kill 'Em all.

Not sure of postage to here. All ship from the UK.

Edit: Just checked and €19.63 shipping from the UK.

Ahem... https://addresspal.anpost.ie/

Didn't realise they offered this service from the US now. I use it for all Amazon UK orders. Works a charm.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:56 am 

Audience recording on cassette of Cliff's last show in Sweden is quite interesting.

Strange how the bands' sound engineer would only start recording tapes once he had the sound right, usually halfway through the first song. Why not just press record before the band hit the stage?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:37 am 

I do hope the AJFA one includes a remix. I listened to an interview with Steve Thompson recently where he said he met Lars a couple of years ago and Lars asked him what went wrong with the mix, so maybe the little prick has it on his mind now. It's most unlike him. Thompson was very complimentary about the bass playing, said it really tied the drums and guitars together well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:58 am 

Leave AJFA alone. It is perfect what it is - it is a timepiece - its big and bold sounding to me.

The Cliff last gig I always thought it was a sounddesk recording - it is a good bootleg that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:06 pm 

I think the same guy also said or implied that if the master tapes were opened there was just be a pill of dust i.e. there will never be a remix of the album.

My opinion of the bass on Justice is that it was always just effectively following the riffs and I was completely oblivious to it not being there until informed via the internet in recent years. Different story if it was an early Sabbath album or something.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:07 pm 

Nah, the tapes are fine. They would not have been able to get individual tracks for guitar hero otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:17 pm 

I'll be shocked if Justice doesn't get an alternative mix for the deluxe edition. Lars is no fool and he knows that it will up the demand for it no end.

I was pleasantly surprised to see so much inclusion of Jason on the Puppets set. Audition, gig, interviews etc. They've ignored him as part of their history big time in the last few years so good to see him included here.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:39 pm 

wiseblood wrote:
I'll be shocked if Justice doesn't get an alternative mix for the deluxe edition. Lars is no fool and he knows that it will up the demand for it no end.

I was pleasantly surprised to see so much inclusion of Jason on the Puppets set. Audition, gig, interviews etc. They've ignored him as part of their history big time in the last few years so good to see him included here.

I think the Jason thing is water under the bridge at this point in time, Jason doesn't bitch about Metallica half as much as Dave Mustaine does, and even he has cooled off considerably. There's an interview with JN on YouTube somewhere where he insinuates that the hazing he went through was the band making sure he could do the job on their rise to stardom, could he cut it etc etc. Plus he was/is no Cliff Burton. As for the lack of bass on AJFA, Jason also states that the way it came out was the way it was "supposed to" and he doesn't seem to harbor any grudges about it per se. He was apparently given the 'And Justice for Jason' remix (with the bass put back in) and he has a bemused reaction to it all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:56 pm 

And Justice For Jason is not a remix, it's some lad playing along with the CD, as in, "this is what it could have sounded like".

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next