Back
  Carnivore are, "reforming"
    
Page: Previous  1, 2


PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:57 am 

John Kimble wrote:
HallowedBeThyShane wrote:
Obviously dicklips. Its ridiculous nonetheless. While we are at it? Should the band that Chester Bennington was in when he was 14 who recorded one demo reform and do a few shows and charge the price of a 50 bag for a meet and greet too? No, because the only cunt who made them of any interest to anyone is dead and buried and his legacy shouldn't be pissed on for a weeks wages.


Christ, not only are you unfunny as fuck, you're a thick cunt as well. Please feel free to stop posting shite.


Ah here we go "yawn". Right, whilst there is nothing fundamentally wrong with Carnivore (except maybe a questionable lyric here or there) would anyone really give a quarter of a fuck about them if Peter Steele wasn't successful with Type O Negative? Type O are one of my favorite bands of all time. They really were a cut above the rest in the 90's. However, Carnivore were, in my opinion, average at best. Hardcore by numbers but each to their own.

Now, as we are all aware, Peter Steele is dead. Reforming an irrelevant band whose singer has deceased (whilst said singer was famous for being in a much better and more successful band) is ridiculous. Where is the integrity in that? Would you not, as a fan, rather preserve Peter Steele's fantastic legacy? Or, while we are on topic, should Type O reform with a bloated lookalike and milk that as well?

While this guy is at it. Why doesn't he drop Mickey Dee & Phil Campbell and email and they could get together and call it Motorhead?

I don't see how feeling like a band or songwriter's legacy is more important than a minuscule cash grab in the short term makes me a "thick cunt". Maybe you are the kind of "thick cunt" who would waste his money on this shite but I certainly wouldn't.

Not trying to be funny or post shite whatsoever. Since I have come back to the forum I have been behaving myself and my Ritalin is working wonders so, in future, please refrain from calling me mean names.

Now John I hope you have a good day.


Top
   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Oct 2005
Posts:
916
Location:
Cork
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:40 pm 

Sorry about that Nixer, perhaps I was being a bit harsh. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion for the most part (except for those who listen to Rings of Saturn). However, if Carnivore were as overrated as you claim, then what difference does it really make if they reform without Pete Steele? And why do you care, for that matter?


Top
 Profile   
 


PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:53 pm 

John Kimble wrote:
Sorry about that Nixer, perhaps I was being a bit harsh. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion for the most part (except for those who listen to Rings of Saturn). However, if Carnivore were as overrated as you claim, then what difference does it really make if they reform without Pete Steele? And why do you care, for that matter?


I don't particularly care about Carnivore John. It's just one of those things in general. I would be far more annoyed if it were someone was pissing on the TON legacy.


Top
   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jun 2005
Posts:
7358
Location:
Hypermagic Mountain
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:41 pm 

Can we just clarify, regardless of what Shane head-the-ball is parping on about, those Carnivore albums are absolute classics. Genuinely hilarious too.

Steele had no problem reforming the band for Wacken 2006. And they finished the set with a bunch of topless strippers spraying down the crowd with supersoakers filled with fake blood.

Given the tone of that band, a member charging $40 for a meet and greet ten years later with, you kind of just have to hand it to them if they find anyone willing to pay that.

They never were ones to go about their work with any reverence or anything like that. As for the show, for me it'd be just like going to see Lizzy without Lynott. Missing its soul.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jun 2005
Posts:
176
Location:
Rossendale, England
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:56 pm 

If there had been no Type O'Negative and Carnivore had done nothing more than the albums they did in the 80s, I think they would still have something of a reputation nowadays.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jun 2005
Posts:
176
Location:
Rossendale, England
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:59 pm 

Juggz wrote:
I disagree. This is a by-product of music itself becoming worthless. Bands and opportunists will both exploit other avenues of revenue. It's a time where the cult of celebrity and cringe-inducing sentiment have become lucrative products. There is clearly a pot of cash being waved in the face of these fuckers so, yes, they would be idiots to ignore it.

But that's to assume that chasing the $ is the be all and end all. To have integrity and a respect for your legacy shouldn't be seen as idiocy.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Nov 2011
Posts:
4707
Location:
Olympiazentrum Vorarlberg
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:06 pm 

Legacy? Who gives a fuck about such an utterly meaningless term? Legacy doesn't pay the mortgage. Do you think that music and those lyrics were written with a legacy in mind? If Carnivore fans are happy to pay money to meet these lads, why would they give a flying fuck about dudes with their noses in the air and their hands buried in their pockets? Take the money, press the flesh, pay the bills. That is what the music business is these days. Legacy and other such fanciful notions died the day file sharing made music worthless.


Top
 Profile   
 


PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:55 pm 

Juggz wrote:
Legacy? Who gives a fuck about such an utterly meaningless term? Legacy doesn't pay the mortgage. Do you think that music and those lyrics were written with a legacy in mind? If Carnivore fans are happy to pay money to meet these lads, why would they give a flying fuck about dudes with their noses in the air and their hands buried in their pockets? Take the money, press the flesh, pay the bills. That is what the music business is these days. Legacy and other such fanciful notions died the day file sharing made music worthless.


Do you think I would tarnish my legacy with NixerForACowboy meet & greets?

EDIT: Actually, I just had a great idea. Would anyone be interested in an official NixerForACowboy - Beat & Greet!

For just €250.00 you will get:-

To give Nixer 1 x punch in the face whilst he wears the Shocking Gansey.

1 x Polaroid picture with Nixer and his busted up face.

1 x Autographed item


Top
   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jun 2005
Posts:
176
Location:
Rossendale, England
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:56 am 

Juggz wrote:
Legacy? Who gives a fuck about such an utterly meaningless term? Legacy doesn't pay the mortgage. Do you think that music and those lyrics were written with a legacy in mind? If Carnivore fans are happy to pay money to meet these lads, why would they give a flying fuck about dudes with their noses in the air and their hands buried in their pockets? Take the money, press the flesh, pay the bills. That is what the music business is these days. Legacy and other such fanciful notions died the day file sharing made music worthless.

All taken into account. And great if you can do it. But as pointed out in my initial post, I think its a bit shit that someone should be tarred with the epithet 'idiot' because they think such things are tasteless or if they value the legacy (regardless of its humble origin).


Top
 Profile   
 


PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:01 am 

Does anyone remember when Shoctopus done one of those GoFundMe/Kickstarter yokes and they were trying to sell meet and greets on there?

That was funny lol.


Top
   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Nov 2011
Posts:
4707
Location:
Olympiazentrum Vorarlberg
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:36 am 

Kieronunsilence wrote:
All taken into account. And great if you can do it. But as pointed out in my initial post, I think its a bit shit that someone should be tarred with the epithet 'idiot' because they think such things are tasteless or if they value the legacy (regardless of its humble origin).
But "the legacy" is entirely in the eye of the beholder and, therefore, the perceived value of it is entirely different depending on who you ask. The same goes for taste. How and why should they protect an imaginary concept? Why should they side with the naysayers? They have an opportunity to bring enjoyment into people's lives, play their music loud once again and make some money at the same time. Why is that a bad thing? It isn't going to change a note on the old albums, it isn't going to diminish the impact or importance that music had on people's lives upon release. It isn't going to make a damn bit of difference outside of the people who choose to pay in for a night of enjoyment, so why would they feel they have to protect some mythical golden goose? It changes nothing from the past. There seem to be plenty of people who don't feel it is tasteless or tarnishes some legacy and they want to pay to see that music live again while having a good time themselves so, yes, I would consider anyone who wouldn't sieze that opportunity to make people happy and make themselves happy and get paid too with no negative consequences as an idiot. Pessimists are no fun, let's be honest. Life is for living and for the living.

Does anyone really think Carnivore was born with any regard for taste or legacy, seriously?


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jun 2005
Posts:
176
Location:
Rossendale, England
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:23 pm 

If legacy and taste are in the eye of the beholder, then you can't assume that anyone is siding with the naysayers. They may have independently come to a similar conclusion. As I have previously stated, there is nothing wrong with doing this. But I think that it's wrong to tarr someone as an idiot for knowing the score but having moral reservations. And would subsequently not have fun doing it. It's just reducing music to shallow notion of making money. Which there is nothing intrinsically wrong with. But the metal scene is, by a large margin at least, built on an integrity for the music. And it probably wouldn't exist without it.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Nov 2011
Posts:
4707
Location:
Olympiazentrum Vorarlberg
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:07 pm 

The metal scene is surely built on people playing metal music? They are playing metal music. They are playing metal music to people who want to hear them play metal music. I don't know what kind of metal scene it would be if it was based around people not playing metal music. A non-existent one, perhaps?


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jun 2005
Posts:
176
Location:
Rossendale, England
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:32 am 

Juggz wrote:
The metal scene is surely built on people playing metal music?

Well spotted! And by and large having integrity for their music as opposed to wanting to make money from it.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Nov 2011
Posts:
4707
Location:
Olympiazentrum Vorarlberg
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:48 am 

You seem to think wanting to get paid and having integrity are mutually exclusive?

Surely once you put anything, anything at all up for sale, you have crossed that line in the realms of commercial enterprise? Everybody is playing the game, particularly the "limited to 30 tapes" kind of bullshit, trying to stimulate demand with artificial exclusivity. The most obscure and illegible logo is a brand recognition technique, just like the fucking Kelloggs logo. Appearing to be obscure and non-commercial while still pedalling merch is another simple marketing ploy. Integrity my arse. Everyone is playing the game to varying degrees.


Top
 Profile   
 

Page: Previous  1, 2