Back
  Uh oh

Page: Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:12 pm 

Dark Stranger wrote:
DesTheKingOfTawny wrote:
I've not heard a single note of their music..but on the strength of that picture..especially the 2 cunts on the left..no thanks!!

RUFIO!! RUFIO!! RUUUUFIIIOOOOOO!!!

:lol: :lol: this belongs in the knot thread.

This band though...truly dread...the bottom layer of nu-metal shit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:23 pm 

DuckyDoodleFace wrote:

Ppffft, Psycore is best core.

I WANT..... TO....... GO TO.......... THE ZOO! GOT TO GO, GOT TO GO TO THE............... ZOO!

Bloody hell, I still have those two albums up in the loft somewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:25 pm 

I remember that worlds collide song they had. The singer is Rob Zombies brother if I remember correctly.

Quote:
It will leave everyone who hears it singing along to its unapologetic refrain, “You're a mess! Sid Vicious in a dress!

Jesus wept it's like reading one of those old kerraanngg reviews around the time nu metal was big. I like/liked a number of them but jesus these guys were not even a blip!

Also... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0WFRT3qPPE

Quote:
I WANT..... TO....... GO TO.......... THE ZOO!

:lol: :lol: god they were terrible

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:52 pm 

Looks like the cast of Hackers aged badly.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:16 pm 

I think any discussion or actions towards a nu-metal revival or nostalgia tours etc should be made illegal. Any bands that threatens to reform should be arrested, seven strong guitars should be gathered up and burned. Anyone caught in possession of one or distributing seven string guitars should be put in the stocks for a week.

All old issues of guitar world or similar magazines should also be gathered up and a new censoring committee should be set up to tear out any offending comments or imagery pertaining to nu-metal. All such magazines would in due course be returned to their owners following a period of relearning of musical history which omits everything from the release of Korns debut album to Mastodons Leviathan.

It's for the greater good and only a scorched earth approach would keep us safe.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:48 am 

thejuice wrote:
musical history which omits everything from the release of Korns debut album to Mastodons Leviathan.

I was listening to Leviathan last week and thinking about how it and Aghora's s/t were the albums which re-ignited a real interest in contemporary Metal for me. They signalled hope that maybe everything was gonna be ok after all after a miserable decade of shite. It appears I'm not the only one :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:46 pm 

Juggz wrote:
thejuice wrote:
musical history which omits everything from the release of Korns debut album to Mastodons Leviathan.

I was listening to Leviathan last week and thinking about how it and Aghora's s/t were the albums which re-ignited a real interest in contemporary Metal for me. They signalled hope that maybe everything was gonna be ok after all after a miserable decade of shite. It appears I'm not the only one :lol:

Mastodon turned everything around with the exception of brave new world from 2001 maybe? For me the period 1997-2002 was a dark time...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:25 pm 

I could be wrong but is that WWE's Tamina Snuka on the left in that pic?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:29 pm 

Midhir wrote:
Looks like the cast of Hackers aged badly.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:26 pm 

I bought an early Powerman 5000 album on a whim from that old record store in Bray opposite the Dart station because it was going for a euro and went back in with it the next day and demanded a fiver back for it for ruining my day

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:49 pm 

Snatchgrabber wrote:
I bought an early Powerman 5000 album on a whim from that old record store in Bray opposite the Dart station because it was going for a euro and went back in with it the next day and demanded a fiver back for it for ruining my day

ATOM RECORDS! I really miss that place for dropping in ad having a browse...bought my first death cd there

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:56 pm 

Yeah it was a great little place. Fond memories of picking up gems on a complete whim (the above being a particular exception obviously). Alas, such halcyon days have long since rotted

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:07 pm 

Snatchgrabber wrote:
Yeah it was a great little place. Fond memories of picking up gems on a complete whim (the above being a particular exception obviously). Alas, such halcyon days have long since rotted

At the time I didn't realise they were halcyon, but now it's gone I miss it cos you just know theyd have tons of old mags, videos,cds, records and bits and pieces.

I did pick up a Bathory cd in the svp a while ago though so alls not lost

Page: Previous  1, 2