Back
  Uh oh

Page: 1, 2  Next

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:37 pm 

They're back.

Quote:
Powerman 5000 have inked a worldwide deal with Pavement Entertainment. The new album "New Wave" marks the next chapter in the world of PM5K and the follow up to 2014's highly successful "Builders of the Future."

Powerman 5000’s legacy continues to push the boundaries of rock, metal, industrial, rap, and punk to create innovative and groundbreaking releases time and time again. Their upcoming highly anticipated album, New Wave , hits shelves on October 27, 2017, in digital and retail outlets worldwide. New Wave is PM5K’s eleventh official release since forming in 1992 and continues the strides and success from their platinum-selling album Tonight the Stars Revolt! to their most recent chart-topping single in 2014, “How to Be a Human.”

While fans await New Wave , PM5K is releasing the single “Sid Vicious in a Dress” via iTunes. Fans who pre-order New Wave digitally will receive an instant download of “Sid Vicious in a Dress" to get a taste of what's to come.

In addition to the iTunes pre-order, Pavement Entertainment will launch a special Powerman 5000 New Wave Bundle. The bundle will include a hand-signed copy of the album, as well as an exclusive PM5K limited edition t-shirt. Supplies are limited to 500 and are available only with the pre-order bundle.

Vocalist Spider One puts it best when he discusses the new single “Sid Vicious in a Dress”: “I suppose at its simplest it’s a twisted love song, but really it’s about loving what hurts you, what is bad for you. Staying when you should run. Over the years, Sid Vicious has become the poster child for chaos and self-destruction. I just took that and put it in the form of a beautiful girl. The title of the song kind of says it all.”

The track is one you’ll want to put on repeat, assuredly becoming an anthem for twisted love, mayhem, and rock and roll anarchy. It will leave everyone who hears it singing along to its unapologetic refrain, “You're a mess! Sid Vicious in a dress!” Keeping true to the very spirit of Sid himself, Powerman 5000 once again delivers an album on their own terms.

New Wave available worldwide October 27, 2017.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:51 pm 

I predicted this after 1 listen to the last Gojira album. There were other signs in retrospect, but that was the point for me. We are in for a couple of years of fair bad things coming out of the woodwork.

Coming reformations:

Dry Kill Logic
The Deadlights
Spineshank
etc....
All featuring Fred Durst.
Korn will be starting the playing-the-full-album-of-follow-the-leader tour any time now

All long-awaited and well overdue...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:17 pm 

I had never heard this band before, purely on the strength of that awful, awful name but ventured onto youtube on the strength of that horrific press release a couple of days ago.

They are every bit as bad as I expected, yet still disgusted me in new and surprising ways.

I am an old cunt, yes, and am clearly not their target market but if this shite was the soundtrack to your youth you have my sincerest and deepest sympathies.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:54 pm 

One of the most abominable and confusing things I ever saw was this lot supporting Pantera.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:03 pm 

Juggz wrote:
I am an old cunt, yes, and am clearly not their target market but if this shite was the soundtrack to your youth you have my sincerest and deepest sympathies.

I will hold my hands up and admit that, briefly, I indulged in some of the worst music Nu Metal had to offer but even at that, these guys were also-rans even at the height of the movements popularity. From what I can recall, the lead singer is Rob Zombie's younger brother? Just checked out the YouTube video out of morbid curiosity and it's every bit as bad as expected. I'm all for freedom of expression and all that, but these guys must be well into their forties. Fucking shtate of them hi.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:54 pm 

astfgyl wrote:
I predicted this after 1 listen to the last Gojira album. There were other signs in retrospect, but that was the point for me. We are in for a couple of years of fair bad things coming out of the woodwork.

Coming reformations:

Dry Kill Logic
The Deadlights
Spineshank
etc....
All featuring Fred Durst.
Korn will be starting the playing-the-full-album-of-follow-the-leader tour any time now

All long-awaited and well overdue...

Ppffft, Psycore is best core.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:34 pm 

Quote:
their most recent chart-topping single in 2014

What chart was this?

Quote:
“Sid Vicious in a Dress”

Quote:
highly successful

Eh?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:44 am 

I said to a buddy of mine after I spotted the CKY gig listed on here recently;

"Is it 2002 again? What next Powerman 5000?"

Candyman. Candyman. Candyman.

I've never listened to these musical genii. You'd see your man with the hair in magazines all the time though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:01 am 

Powerman 5000, Sounds like the aldi version of toilet duck.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:10 am 

Quote:

Powerman 5000’s legacy

Starts and stops with them being on the soundtrack of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 back in the year 2000.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:09 am 

Oskorei wrote:
Powerman 5000, Sounds like the aldi version of toilet duck.

:lol: !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:14 am 

I've not heard a single note of their music..but on the strength of that picture..especially the 2 cunts on the left..no thanks!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:00 pm 

DesTheKingOfTawny wrote:
I've not heard a single note of their music..but on the strength of that picture..especially the 2 cunts on the left..no thanks!!

RUFIO!! RUFIO!! RUUUUFIIIOOOOOO!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:09 pm 

I was thinking about something similar on the train this morning....it popped into my head that it's only a matter of time for late 90s pop culture to make a return.

Numetal round 2 :(

I even found a Pist.On album in Tower the other day

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:12 pm 

Is this really all that different to all the thrash reformations in the early 00s when you think about it?

Kids flown the nest, a bit of free time on your hands; why not get the old band back together?

Page: 1, 2  Next