Back
  Cannibal Corpse - Red Before Black

Page: 1, 2  Next

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:04 am 

Well, the artwork is certainly shit. When Cannibal Corpse call Vince Locke must literally look round the house to see if he has anything lying around.

Do I expect anything from Cannibal Corpse in 2017, no. But there's no doubt they've released some classic material. It's unfortunate the live set is now bogged down with shit from the last 7 or 8 records.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:15 am 

Cryptic Stench wrote:

Well, the artwork is certainly shit. When Cannibal Corpse call Vince Locke must literally look round the house to see if he has anything lying around.

Do I expect anything from Cannibal Corpse in 2017, no. But there's no doubt they've released some classic material. It's unfortunate the live set is now bogged down with shit from the last 7 or 8 records.

Gore obsessed was quite good, thats the last album i bothered with. You know what your getting with the corpse so there will be no suprises with this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:47 am 

Gore Obsessed is the beginning of the end for me, I think it's a terrible album and the one where they began knocking stuff out on Autopilot.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:04 pm 

that artwork is terrible

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:49 pm 

And ye cunts get pissy that McLove was posting about new music?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:01 pm 

I don't think anyone had a problem with him posting about new music?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:07 pm 

open face surgery wrote:
And ye cunts get pissy that McLove was posting about new music?

At least your over it...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:37 pm 

Quote:
Gore Obsessed is the beginning of the end for me, I think it's a terrible album and the one where they began knocking stuff out on Autopilot.

Yeah still remember being really disappointed with that one. Very techy etc but fuck all memorable songs on it. Wretched Spawn was class though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:23 pm 

for me gallery of suicide was the real peak and apart from TWS, they just seem to have gone very bland. It's still really heavy but without any real substance to it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:43 am 

The Corpse Has Rotted.

Boring artwork and uninteresting song titles. They don't grab you like the older ones.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:18 am 

Yeah I have to say, I can't remember the last time (say, the last ten years) that a "classic" death metal band has brought out anything remotely interesting to these ears. The young bloods are doing it better and with more heart.

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it Morbid Angel's Illud Divinum Insanus was the last release from a classic death metal band that captured my imagination.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:37 am 

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it Morbid Angel's Illud Divinum Insanus was the last release from a classic death metal band that captured my imagination.[/quote]

It made me think "how the fuck could they come out with this shit?" Getting "Experimental" is one thing, but how could they from such a big shift in the space of one album? They lost their heads.

Cannibal Corpse haven't had much variety since Gallery Of Suicide.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:45 am 

franksidebottom wrote:
EDIT: Actually now that I think about it Morbid Angel's Illud Divinum Insanus was the last release from a classic death metal band that captured my imagination.

It made me think "how the fuck could they come out with this shit?" Getting "Experimental" is one thing, but how could they from such a big shift in the space of one album? They lost their heads.

Yeah I can't definitely see where you are coming from. Personally, I am a big techno fan so it was cool to hear both words meet with some conviction.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:07 am 

Trey must have been listening to the Doom soundtrack from the game on repeat.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:09 am 

franksidebottom wrote:
Trey must have been listening to the Doom soundtrack from the game on repeat.

Either that or he was fond of the bumblebees.

Page: 1, 2  Next