Back
  Kreator 'Noise' catalogue Reissues

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:10 pm 

Following the recent 'Gods of Violence' album (one of their greatest achievements I think, alongside 'Phantom Antichrist', 'Terrible Certainty' and 'Coma of Souls'), Noise released the first four classic albums recently - Endless Pain / Pleasure to Kill / Terrible Certainty / Extreme Aggression

Garnering some excellent reviews, reissues finally done right (or as right as they can be in these days of the loudness wars) - all four sound great, and in the cases of 'Terrible Certainty' and especially 'Endless Pain', very definite improvements; better separation of instruments, dynamic, and the drumming far more pronounced and effective. The 28-page booklets are very cool also - lots of pictures from the time, track by track thoughts from Mille, and an essay on the album.

'Endless Pain' probably the biggest surprise, I was only accustomed to the quite dull issue we've all heard thus far - the earlier remaster an improvement over the 1985 original but still not that great. The new version is brilliant - I'd forgot how bloody good this thing was! Very catchy riffage, very NWOBHM like Slayer's first, 'Tallica's first, but with faster (but not yet quitye blast beat) drums. Some of the reviews on EncyclopediaMetallum mentions the riffs in particular - the charming naivete of those early thrash releases from USA and Europe but with exciting and memorable riffs making 'Endless Pain' a keeper and a classic of the genre. 'Endless Pain' may be even my favourite of all thrash debuts.

'Coma of Souls' and 'Renewal' will be reissued also next year I think.

Wonder will Sepultura have another remaster campaign, for some reason I've always loved their debuts also, 'Bestial Devastation' and the out of tune but f****g insane 'Morbid Visions'.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:29 pm 

Been meaning to pick these up, seen Head in liffey valley had a few copies of each but were looking for €40 :shock:

I disagree regarding the last record. Painfully contrived shite marketed at European festival attendees.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:59 pm 

€40 each? I ordered them from Amazon UK and got a good deal on three of them, including postage came out to about €16 or €17 Euro each. Picked up 'Endless Pain' at the Sound Cellar in Dublin then for €18. Well worth it! 'Terrible Certainty' sound brilliant, always been one of my top favourite metal albums anyway. 'Endless Pain' as mentioned earlier though probably the MVP as it's finally well separated and - dare I say - rocks!^^

'Gods of Violence' I absolutely love, I know fans are divided, for me though it's the natural progression really from 'Phantom' which I thought was a landmark metal release. "Stadium Thrash" one reviewer called it, and qualified it by saying he meant that in the best possible way - incredible melodies and chorus' over thrashy riffing. Every section is just so well crafted; the riffs, the solo sections (which are incredible I think, mini songs within the songs - Mille and Sami a masterclass in metal guitars really)

We've been lucky recently with so many - Overkill, Anthrax, Megadeth, Suicidal Tendencies, Testament, Sodom, Death Angel, even Metallica (half decent, half odd). 'Gods' though for me anyway in a different league altogether!