Back
  Procession - Doom Decimation

footloose ´╗┐onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:07 am 

Having been blown away seeing these lads for the first time last night (not surprising considering they have members from both D666 and Nifelheim), I've been listening to the new album this morning. Definitely as accomplished as To Reap Heavens Apart to my ears. Have to go back and give the earlier stuff a proper listen though, they played a track from Death & Judgement that tore the roof off the place at the end.

Anyone else given the new one a go?

Amidst the Bowels of Earth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj8Ti1htx4A

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:30 pm 

I hadn't heard a word about a new album, so I was very happy when I saw this post as I've really enjoyed all their material up to now and the one time I saw them live they were deadly.

...But I have to say that track is really very pedestrian IMO and I'll have to listen to a couple more tracks before making a purchase.

footloose ´╗┐onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:23 pm 

I see now from Metal Archives that I misunderstood the drummer when I was talking to him. I thought he was telling me he had joined Nifelheim, but it's the frontman that plays with them as well as D666.

And it's not "pedestrian" Padre, it's "andante": at a walking pace :mrgreen:

North from here, running amok amongst the shadows of the past
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:40 am 

Like Padre I never heard of a new one from Procession, big fan of 'To Reap Heavens Apart' so I'll have to get onto this pronto

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:19 am 

have one album of these guys .fairly pedestrian ,fitting description for a band called procession .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:35 am 

I have the cult of disease (the first EP) and the debut album as well as seeing them live a couple of times around that time and enjoyed it all......... But never bothered with the follow up album and never knew a new one was in the works either.... Something about them never convinced me though it's solid overall I suppose.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:09 pm 

"To Reap Heavens Apart" is by far their best record! Picking up the new offering this month myself although have been advised it's (only) good rather than stellar. I'm more surprised how many folks were oblivious to the release, especially being on the High Roller production line and the band touring for its launch...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:47 pm 

Have this ordered. Thought 'Amidst the bowls..' was a great track. Deceptively so maybe, as in, not necessarily instant but gets under the skin after a few listens. Nice bit of Dio/ heaven and hell era Sabbath chug to it. Looking forward to hearing the rest of it, thought their last album was immense.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:36 pm 

Given this a good few listens now and I must say I enjoy it a little more each time. Veering a little more towards the heavy metal side of doom as opposed to the out and out doom doom, but the changes work well. You can hear the hint of in solitude in there also, a nice mix of styles, not as good as to reap.. for me, but still good stuff.