Back
  Immortal - Best album

Page: Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:46 pm 

Is Demonaz back on guitar for the new album? Thought his tendons were fucked and he couldn't play?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:58 pm 

Pure Holocaust
Diabolical
Battles
At the heart

Use to love the last two albums when I was younger but not really into them now. Blizzard Beasts has some great songs but the production ruins the whole album.

I doubt any incarnation of the band will ever record anything similar to the earlier material.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:48 am 

‘Battles in the North’ tops the lot here. The most listened to, anyway. Certain fondness for ‘Blizzard Beasts’, too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:42 pm 

prof. wedgie wrote:
Is Demonaz back on guitar for the new album? Thought his tendons were fucked and he couldn't play?

Am i missing something or are immortal back together again?? Or are you talking about a new abbath album?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:28 pm 

The band never broke up Abbath just left and they are suppose to record new material as a two piece or three? (Not sure if Apollyon is still a member)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:57 pm 

It's a shame Abbath isn't in the band anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:04 pm 

Immortal basically have a drummer from the old lineup and a song-writer who can't play guitar.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:32 pm 

dogday wrote:
Immortal basically have a drummer from the old lineup and a song-writer who can't play guitar.

Statement up on Facebook today from the band saying they've completed recording of the new album. Demonaz is credited with vocals and guitars so I guess he must be able to play some bit again. Peter Tagtren recorded bass for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:49 pm 

RobMcS wrote:
dogday wrote:

Statement up on Facebook today from the band saying they've completed recording of the new album. Demonaz is credited with vocals and guitars so I guess he must be able to play some bit again. Peter Tagtren recorded bass for it.

IMMORTAL HAS COMPLETED NEW ALBUM!
The recording and mastering of the new IMMORTAL album is completed.
The band´s upcoming new full-length album has been produced by Peter Tägtgren (Abyss Studio) who also produced «At The Heart Of Winter", "Damned In Black", "Sons Of Northern Darkness" and "All Shall Fall"

Demonaz and Horgh comment:
"We have put a massive amount of energy into this, and wanted to deliver our absolutely best.
It has been a pleasure to finish the studio process and most of all being stoked about the final result. Peter Tägtgren has done an outstanding job in producing and mixing it. We now look forward to have it released, and are excited to share our 9th full length with you all."

The album will be released by Nuclear Blast Records in 2018 (release date will follow) and will contain the following tracks:

"Northern Chaos Gods", "Into Battle Ride", "Gates To Blashyrkh",
"Grim And Dark", "Called To Ice", "Where Mountains Rise",
"Blacker Of Worlds" and "Mighty Ravendark"

The line-up on the album is:
Demonaz (vocals, guitars)
Horgh (drums)
Peter Tägtgren (session bass)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:00 pm 

I'm very interested to hear something from this. I do find it odd that the producer is credited with their recent albums but they claim to be going back to their earlier sound.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:31 pm 

dogday wrote:
I'm very interested to hear something from this. I do find it odd that the producer is credited with their recent albums but they claim to be going back to their earlier sound.

Sounds a bit weird alright, at this point im just hoping for great record though not really expecting one. Ive a feeling that its gonna sound like the Demonaz album but with a Peter T production. We'll see..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:56 pm 

Sons of Northern Darkness for me. But I do love At the heart of winter too

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:33 pm 

At the Heart of Winter is my favourite , although there are a few feel-good choons on Sons that I still get wonderful enjoyment out of.

Pure Holocaust isn't as immediate but great album given sufficient time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:35 pm 

Blizzard Beasts, Holocaust, Battles.

I always thought the thing with Demonaz was that he just couldn't really play live or play the older, faster stuff?

Page: Previous  1, 2