Back
  Releases for 2018

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:13 am 

mickO))) wrote:
Daithi wrote:
mickO))) wrote:
New D666 which should be available when I see them at the end of Feb with Revenge.

Really?! I'd have thought the Season of Mist propaganda machine would be in overdrive by new if D666 had an album out within the next two months.

It's a new mini album. It's only available in North America first then Europe later in the year. No idea why it's not being released everywhere at once unless it's something special for the North American tour.

New track from the EP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uDVana ... e=youtu.be

Sounds pretty boring and bland.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:35 am 

Nice to see a return to the old d666 logo! New song sounds cool, would fit in nicely with the Wildfire material in a live set.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:25 pm 

New Visigoth coming next month.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:29 pm 

Yob will be releasing a new album in the summer this year, through Relapse. No set dates or other major info yet but there's a short blurb about it on their facebook page.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:31 pm 

YouTube sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMAhk7yrEOk&t=84s

Saturnal Records is proud to announce the world wide release date for Finnish black heavy metal cult FUNERARY BELL’s sophomore album ”Undead Revelations” for 23th February 2018. Expect nothing more than old school metal vibes mixed with horror and occult in the form of black heavy metal of death!

It has been couple of years since the release of acclaimed ”Graveyard Séance” EP and the Finnish black heavy metal cult FUNERARY BELL returns with their anticipated second full-length album aptly titled for ”Undead Revelations” to redeem the dark promise given with predecessor!

The band has always drawn their inspirations from old school metal ever since their debut EP ”The Second Manifestation” that saw the day of light in 2009, yet now with ”Undead Revelations” the band has embraced a whole new level of old school atmosphere with very strong touch of classic heavy metal sound that has been assimilated together with their distinct blend of black and death metal sound they are known for. Lyrically and thematically their ethos draws from horror, mysticism and occult which all together comprises brazen and relentless black heavy metal!

”Undead Revelations” will be out 23th February 2018 world wide.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:34 pm 

Aren't Hell working on new stuff at the moment? Hoping they'll have one out soon enough

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:30 am 

I've heard of nothing confirmed yet for this year that I'm super excited about, unfortunately...

though i'm interested in getting the new Tribulation.

Yob and Ecstatic Vision are both apparently recording at present but not sure those'll get released this year.
Sleep and Om, who knows?!

There's a few albums from last year I still really need to get, Godflesh, GY!BE, WiTTR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:41 am 

Abandon All Hope wrote:
mickO))) wrote:
Daithi wrote:
mickO))) wrote:
New D666 which should be available when I see them at the end of Feb with Revenge.

Really?! I'd have thought the Season of Mist propaganda machine would be in overdrive by new if D666 had an album out within the next two months.

It's a new mini album. It's only available in North America first then Europe later in the year. No idea why it's not being released everywhere at once unless it's something special for the North American tour.

New track from the EP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uDVana ... e=youtu.be

Sounds pretty boring and bland.

Yes I have to agree it's not great and I don't like those vocals. Like the first youtube comments says it feels like something is missing :?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:56 am 

DOOMSCHMOKER wrote:
Yob and Ecstatic Vision are both apparently recording at present but not sure those'll get released this year.

YOB are releasing their latest album in the summer on Relapse Records. The record is complete according to both the band and label's Twitter accounts yesterday. Can't wait. Poor oul Mike Scheidt still looks a bit shook from his recent battles. Hopefully he's out the other side now. Seems like a genuinely sound fella.

Releases that I was looking forward to in 2017 but probably won't happen in 2018 either;

Sleep - It's probably one 60 minute song, put down the bong for an hour, lads.

OM - See above.

High On Fire - This might happen, although they're on some 20th anniversary buzz this year so it'll be a compilation probably.

On the side of things that will definitely be released;

Soothsayer/Parthalon split EP.

Slomatics/Mammoth Weed Wizard Bastard split EP.

Khemmis' new album slated for Summer/Autumn 2018.

Non-metal releases;

Manic Street Preachers - "Resistance Is Futile" - the Welsh lads haven't put a foot wrong over the last few records. Hopefully this trend is maintained.

Redneck Manifesto - 8 years on from their last.

Ty Segall - "Freedom's Goblin"

Gaz Coombes - "World's Strongest Man"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:21 pm 

The last Gaz Coombes was excellent actually. Looking forward to the follow up

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:55 pm 

DOOMSCHMOKER wrote:
I've heard of nothing confirmed yet for this year that I'm super excited about, unfortunately...

There's a few albums from last year I still really need to get, Godflesh, GY!BE, WiTTR

Where'd you hear about Ecstatic Vision recording? I haven't seen nothing about them doing a new album myself. Great band, both their records are class.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:22 pm 

justincredible wrote:
DOOMSCHMOKER wrote:

Where'd you hear about Ecstatic Vision recording? I haven't seen nothing about them doing a new album myself. Great band, both their records are class.

I'm sure I saw something on their bookface page very recently where they mentioned recording soon for a new album... it could've been a dream though Ted

new Redneck Manifesto, seriously? I'll keep an eye out for that. I like pretty much all their stuff even the change of direction on Seven Stabs was quality gear.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:17 am 

DOOMSCHMOKER wrote:
new Redneck Manifesto, seriously? I'll keep an eye out for that. I like pretty much all their stuff even the change of direction on Seven Stabs was quality gear.

Yeah. They recorded it summer/autumn last year with Dave Odlum in Attica Studios.

They're playing Whelan's tomorrow night, debuting some new tracks - I posted the details in the gigs forum a while back. Got tickets as soon as, sold out as far as I know.

I've seen them in Cork and Limerick over the last 12 months or so. They've been really up for it. Loads of energy. I've mentioned on here before that I think they're one of Ireland's finest bands. Others have said they're hipster shite. Horses/Courses.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:13 pm 

Have to say that D666 tune is more than a little underwhelming particularly after the strong Wildfire.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:32 pm 

New Knelt Rote next month

https://nuclearwarnowproductions.bandca ... m/alterity

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next