Back
  New year, old music

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:10 pm 

Hey, Happy New Year all of you. Something I've been meaning to do for a long time is make a bandcamp page for my first band long since dissolved. We were a death metal band called Sons of Slaughter with a few demos and an album released by Retribute Records, but seeing as they folded eventually I thought it would be cool to put the stuff up for free downloads. Hope some of you enjoy it if you have a chance to check it out

https://sonsofslaughter.bandcamp.com

Last edited by bloodblind on Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:07 pm 

Retribute, cripes that's going back. Did you send MI a demo back in the day? I remember the SoS name.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:46 pm 

Earl Grey wrote:
Retribute, cripes that's going back. Did you send MI a demo back in the day? I remember the SoS name.

I know right! Retribute were not bad some good bands on there, I certainly enjoyed a lot of the catalogue and still listen to a lot of it. They just vanished into obscurity around 2007ish and never heard from the owner again. Yes we sent demos and probably the album to Metal Ireland for review back then!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:11 pm 

thats not half bad sir,will be listening again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:20 pm 

Thanks for checking it out, cool that you liked it, always appreciate it just being heard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:43 pm 

A wee hint of all shall perish deconstruction vibe going on,tasty stuff bro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:15 pm 

0ricky7 wrote:

Ah cool, thanks. Planning to give this a remix/remaster this year as I was always disappointed with the drum sound which didn’t do the drumming any justice, got buried in the mix. But luckily retriggering resampling is getting so good these days that improvements can be made to get it to sound how it was meant to. Beef up the toms, make the double bass less triggered sounding and beef up the snare and overheads. Vocals need an overhaul and the guitars a wee tweak. Can’t wait to get it done p, it’s always bugged the hell out of me. Thanks for checking it out

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:21 pm 

bloodblind wrote:
0ricky7 wrote:

Ah cool, thanks. Planning to give this a remix/remaster this year as I was always disappointed with the drum sound which didn’t do the drumming any justice, got buried in the mix. But luckily retriggering resampling is getting so good these days that improvements can be made to get it to sound how it was meant to. Beef up the toms, make the double bass less triggered sounding and beef up the snare and overheads. Vocals need an overhaul and the guitars a wee tweak. Can’t wait to get it done p, it’s always bugged the hell out of me. Thanks for checking it out

Not a problem bro,I’ve listened to it a few times now and it gets better with every listen,set it up for a re-release and hopefully it will do well,I’d buy it that’s for sure \m/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:35 pm 

0ricky7 wrote:
bloodblind wrote:
0ricky7 wrote:

Not a problem bro,I’ve listened to it a few times now and it gets better with every listen,set it up for a re-release and hopefully it will do well,I’d buy it that’s for sure \m/

Thanks for giving it a good listen and the feedback.
If anyone wants to review this or give any feedback good or bad you’re welcome.
Planning to remix and remaster the album for a re-release in 2018/2019