Back
  Clash of The Titans 2

Page: Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:01 pm 

Guess it would be cool to see these old timers do one last hurrah, maybe. Kinda pride myself on somehow never having heard a note of Sepultura with green on vocals. It's become a thing now that hopefully I'll see out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:01 pm 

Apparently Sepultura was supposed to be on the "Clash of the Titans" tour in 1991 with Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax. I think Sepultura being on the bill instead of Alice in Chains then would've made sense because, not only are Sepultura influenced by all the "Big Four" thrash bands, but they had just put out "Arise" and were about to be huge.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/community_feed/max_cavalera_sepultura_was_going_to_open_the_clash_of_the_titans_tour_in_91.html

The article also made me think, "I guess that explains why Sepultura is rumored to be on some new Clash of the Titans tour with Megadeth, Slayer and Testament."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:29 pm 

Cryptic Stench wrote:
How many times, ST won’t happen. Lombardo plays for them, hello?

Lombardo left Slayer over money issues. King is a businessman. Neither of them seem to particularly hate the other. If King thought it'd make money he wouldn't leave it on the table just because Lombardo wanted a new business model for Slayer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:09 pm 

It looks like this tour is a no-go. Blabbermouth.net just posted an article on Slayer, Testament, Anthrax, Lamb of God and Behemoth touring together this summer.

Also, Dave Mustaine recently said Megadeth should be in the studio around this summer to start recording a new album that's supposed to be out next year. So, I suppose this "Clash of the Titans" tour won't happen until after Megadeth, Slayer, Testament and Sepultura release new albums. That would've been either 2019 or 2020-ish.

Page: Previous  1, 2