Back
  Deluded local bands

Page: Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:24 pm 

Quote:
Thread has gone from being about deluded Irish bands to being about people being deluded about Irish bands

Not really, I think most were speaking from experience.

Quote:
Let's say If a band sounded like Cynic's Focus album and they produced a really nice sounding album from their local studio in Longford, it would travel quick as fuck it's that good

Hmmm. Not so sure. We had Hexxed? , those lads had serious chops and Transgression created a buzz locally back then. Those guys could've gotten on a stage with anyone and given them a run for their money. Word only travels so far, gigging in Lavery's every 6 months just didn't cut it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:34 pm 

Coldwar and Mael Mórdha are two very capable bands that I can think of that ended up calling it quits not long after their signings to candlelight. Fair to say none of the lads involved were spring chickens,so I'd guess the usual family work etc came into play. The "having the balls" argument might apply when you're 20 something with no responsibilities but it aint so black and white as you get on.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:49 pm 

[quote="Thethrashheap"]Coldwar and Mael Mórdha are two very capable bands that I can think of that ended up calling it quits not long after their signings to candlelight. Fair to say none of the lads involved were spring chickens,so I'd guess the usual family work etc came into play. The "having the balls" argument might apply when you're 20 something with no responsibilities but it aint so black and white as you get on.[/quote

Family life jobs never really effected us we planned in advance to avoid possible problems.
We had a good run with the band .We had plenty of gigs/tours aboard
But in the end we took it as far as we could and decided to call it a day.
Three of us have started something new with a release due later this year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:54 pm 

That's fair enough, and a good attitude to go out on. Sometimes a project just runs its course.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:34 pm 

Thethrashheap wrote:
Coldwar and Mael Mórdha are two very capable bands that I can think of that ended up calling it quits not long after their signings to candlelight. Fair to say none of the lads involved were spring chickens,so I'd guess the usual family work etc came into play. The "having the balls" argument might apply when you're 20 something with no responsibilities but it aint so black and white as you get on.

Don't forget most of Mael Mordha now make up Death the Leveller so wasnt exactly those reasons there either, just a change of direction/creativity i think... one avenue explored and turned down a new one kinda thing.

Page: Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16