Back
  Trident Wolf Eclipse - Watain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:35 am 

What're the opinions? No huge fan of them but find them thoroughly enjoyable any time I stick an album on. Been spinning the new one non-stop.

Full of OTT & pomp, but sure that's to be expected. I know a lot of people don't like the direction they took but there's no denying Watain write excellent music.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:47 pm 

Big fan of Watain. Wasn't completely sold on the Wild Hunt but curious to hear new album. I agree with the above, I think they are very solid songwriters and similar to Dissection, I really like the melodic nature of their music.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:42 pm 

I’ve stuck with them, I go back to Wild Hunt now and again, earlier material more frequently. Just listening to TWE on Spotify and have to say I’m well pleased, can’t wait to get my physical copy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:04 am 

Total snorefest on first listen :?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:11 pm 

Im really enjoying it... quick and to the point which makes a nice change from the wild hunt which was too long and tried to do too much!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:21 pm 

I have given it a good few spins and I think it excellent much better then The Wild Hunt.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:36 am 

I was a little worried they were going to go full into melodic bathory worship after a few spots on the Wild hunt, but I liked it overall.

I'm enjoying what I've heard of the new one. A few cans with the full thing over the weekend and I'll have a better idea. Looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:16 am 

Trident Wolf Eclipse? Cobra Speed Venom? Album Ridiculous Titles. Sake Fuck For.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:40 am 

Daithi wrote:
Trident Wolf Eclipse? Cobra Speed Venom? Album Ridiculous Titles. Sake Fuck For.

I rekon they're using the same name/lyric generator that Immortal seem to have utilised for their new album. Spun this last night and rekon its fairly decent return to form and i havent really cared since Lawless Darkness.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:41 pm 

I'm not a big fan of Watain overall, the idea of them I often find more interesting than their music, but I like this one. Largely because of it's brevity.

I'm also definitely not a fan of Louise Brown but fair play to her, this review of the album is a fine read.

http://thequietus.com/articles/23816-wa ... pse-review

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:38 pm 

pentagrimes wrote:
I'm not a big fan of Watain overall, the idea of them I often find more interesting than their music, but I like this one. Largely because of it's brevity.

I'm also definitely not a fan of Louise Brown but fair play to her, this review of the album is a fine read.

http://thequietus.com/articles/23816-wa ... pse-review

Nice one sham, that is indeed a decent read and based on it I'll have to give Trident Wolf a blast later this evening just out of sheer curiosity.
Apart from seeing Watain live once I have never listened to them but have to say, their live show (wedged between Bolzer and Behemoth) was one of the funniest (and cringeworthy) sets i've ever seen!