Back
  Vinnie Paul Abbott RIP

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:09 pm 

I thought at the time the story was that the shooter thought (incorrectly) that dimebag was giving his wife one?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:34 pm 

Rimm wrote:
I thought at the time the story was that the shooter thought (incorrectly) that dimebag was giving his wife one?

Nathan Gale was a loner who had been in the Marines. He definitely didn't have a wife. Apparently eyewitnesses had seen him hanging about for hours beforehand asking people had they seen the Abbott brothers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:38 pm 

Rimm wrote:

He had mental issues which had forced him out of the military. His mother said he was a huge Pantera fan since he was a teenager, but that he thought Pantera had been stealing his riffs and song ideas.

I don't think he was ever married, I think that was probably just some dumb rumour people made up.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:04 pm 

I remember reports at the time that he would audition for bands as a singer and turn up with Pantera lyrics trying to pass them off as his own work.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:10 pm 

The shooter was a nut job, like said above would turn up to bands singing pantera lyrics claiming he wrote them.
He shot Dime as he blamed him for Pantera breaking up.. that was the reason given. Now unless its changed since then.

This was recorded on the final tour in 2001.. with the worlds loudest snare!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbTnzBNsXvE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:10 pm 

brianwilliams82 wrote:
And you just know that if Vin and Phil had managed to get in the same room, it'd have worked itself out.

Five Minutes Alone comes to mind tho!!

Yeah pissed when they wimped out of the Tattoo the Planet gig (IIRC we found out at the Point). Not like they were from Manhattan or anywhere close by.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:27 pm 

Snare wrote:
brianwilliams82 wrote:
And you just know that if Vin and Phil had managed to get in the same room, it'd have worked itself out.

Five Minutes Alone comes to mind tho!!

Yeah pissed when they wimped out of the Tattoo the Planet gig (IIRC we found out at the Point). Not like they were from Manhattan or anywhere close by.

Yeah I never understood why they didn't play. The reasons given seem a bit... meh tbh. Seeing as they were seen in Dublin etc.. the other bands were able to play. I would have imagined that something like that would have fuelled them to playing a fucking ripper of a show. Would have been some angry/pissed performance.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:42 pm 

That was the one which was cancelled. They were here when the attack took place and the show was postponed. They opted not to return for the rescheduled show, unlike other US bands on the bill.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:52 pm 

Kerry King openly said at the time that he was pissed at Pantera for not playing the Dublin show since they were here and set up. Slayer hadn't left the US though. From the mention it got in Red Browns book, they basically stayed here on the piss for ages.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:01 pm 

Didn't somebody post on here a few years ago about running into Pantera in Supermacs or somewhere like that on Henry street during that time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:20 pm 

mickO))) wrote:
Didn't somebody post on here a few years ago about running into Pantera in Supermacs or somewhere like that on Henry street during that time.

Puns inbound

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:57 pm 

Smythsonian wrote:
Puns inbound

Phuck auff ewe.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:03 pm 

Smythsonian wrote:
mickO))) wrote:

Puns inbound

As Ricky Gervais says "Puns are the lowest form of wit"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:21 pm 

Primal Concrete Veg.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:25 pm 

Re-inventing the Stale

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next