Back
  Dodax/Dodax UK warning

Page: 1, 2, 3  Next

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:10 am 

Just a heads up in case anyone orders stuff....this place has gone into administration....I have 2 outstanding orders,hopefully covered by PayPal if not received.
I've used them for years and never had a problem until past month,luckily the Ghost gold vinyl came today after being ordered 6 weeks ago and a few cds from May,another vinyl is supposed to be posted leaving one cd on order,luckily under a fiver...
Just posting to save any hassle if they go tits up.

https://www.zug4you.ch/dodax_online_tra ... ators.html

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:17 am 

I'd noticed lately (last six months or so) that delivery times had gone through the roof from them, as a result I'd stopped buying from them altogether. Just as well, it seems.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:35 am 

Thing On The Doorstep wrote:
I'd noticed lately (last six months or so) that delivery times had gone through the roof from them, as a result I'd stopped buying from them altogether. Just as well, it seems.

I was fine with them up to 2 months ago,
I alway expected around 10 days (usually less) for a CD,vinyl was usually 3-4 days,wasn't worried as they always turned up,got some great deals of them....was worried a bit about the Ghost vinyl as it was 25 quid lol...luckily atm I'm only around £13 down if I don't receive my orders.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:17 am 

Used them recently thankfully through Amazon. Had to be refunded as items never turned up.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:20 am 

Shit news, I used them a lot. The delivery times had really gotten ridiculous, though. The last CD I ordered from them took about 5 weeks to arrive. I had actually forgotten about it and was pleasantly surprised when it materialised.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:49 am 

90% of my purchases were from Dodax. I've always found them slow and also had a fair few go missing but they never quibbled on sending replacements or refunding. Their prices meant that even slower deliveries were not an issue and I went back to them again and again. Shame to see them go.

CD prices in general seem to keep creeping up so losing one of the better value companies is not gonna help.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:52 am 

Not just the UK site I reckon. I used the Swiss site on a weekly basis with no problems, but I’ve about 3 orders that have been open with them for near on a month now.

Been writing to them to see what’s up, getting little to no response.

Thanks for the heads up.

Paul.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:05 am 

Wouldn't have used them unless they had something ridiculously cheap, as I always found them bad for delivery. Ordered the Noisepicker album off them, and it took four weeks to arrive.

Music Magpie would always be my first port of call. Never had any issues, and they're decently priced.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:19 am 

StandupPaul wrote:
Not just the UK site I reckon. I used the Swiss site on a weekly basis with no problems, but I’ve about 3 orders that have been open with them for near on a month now.

Been writing to them to see what’s up, getting little to no response.

Thanks for the heads up.

Paul.

Although it says Dodax UK it's all the same place,Dodax ch being the main,probably for tax reasons and a local return centre....any orders I had were from Switzerland,Holland and Germany mostly I'm guessing alot direct from the manufacturer and main warehouses,I get the impression they were more of a middle man than carrying actual stock.

Hopefully you get your orders,the stuff I got yesterday was from the end of May,they seem to be trying to fulfill orders...one of mine was posted on the 3 July they claim...I really thought they were bullshitting me about stuff actually being posted but it did arrive funnily enough a week after I started two paypal claims...you should do that anyway it's easy to stop once / if they arrive.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:34 am 

Have one outstanding order with them, never found them to be particularly prompt but always got there in the end, and to be fair, extremely cheap.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:48 am 

Only used them for the first time recently, via Ebay. Got a dispatch note at end of June, so hopefully that's accurate and it's en route somewhere. Sad to hear another distributor going down though ...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:30 am 

Brox wrote:
Although it says Dodax UK it's all the same place,Dodax ch being the main,probably for tax reasons and a local return centre....any orders I had were from Switzerland,Holland and Germany mostly I'm guessing alot direct from the manufacturer and main warehouses,I get the impression they were more of a middle man than carrying actual stock.

Hopefully you get your orders,the stuff I got yesterday was from the end of May,they seem to be trying to fulfill orders...one of mine was posted on the 3 July they claim...I really thought they were bullshitting me about stuff actually being posted but it did arrive funnily enough a week after I started two paypal claims...you should do that anyway it's easy to stop once / if they arrive.

They’re a trusting bunch, the Swiss, so I pay for all my orders via invoice. No loss if they can’t fulfill them, I’d just rather know so I can shop elsewhere!

Paul.

North from here, running amok amongst the shadows of the past
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:51 am 

Thanx for highlighting this Brox. Actually had a Deathrow CD come through the letterbox this morning from them after about five weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:06 pm 

have a few cds on order from them at the moment through ebay. they were dirt cheap so wont be a big loss
they were always the cheapest, will be a shame if they disappear.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:14 pm 

Cheers for heads up. Did a fair bit of trade with them over the past few years. When you can get a double live album plus a full length CD and still get change from €5 whilst paying zilch for postage and packaging you're not doing too badly. The delivery times lengthened substantially and six weeks wasn't uncommon in recent times. Very sorry to see them in this position. Did more trade with them over the past five years than with all other ebay sellers combined.

Page: 1, 2, 3  Next