Back
  Dodax/Dodax UK warning

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:41 pm 

Never heard of these guys but where they similar to Play.com??
Play.com was another one I was sad to see go! They were great for cheap cds and came in handy when you discovered band with an extensive back catalogue!?
Any other websites like this??

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:07 pm 

Had two orders with this company through Amazon and one order never showed up (refunded), the other arrived late. Beware.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:15 pm 

Black Wizard wrote:
Never heard of these guys but where they similar to Play.com??
Play.com was another one I was sad to see go! They were great for cheap cds and came in handy when you discovered band with an extensive back catalogue!?
Any other websites like this??

yeah they were the same as play from what i gather. cheap because the stuff is posted from outside the uk/ire
and a victim of their own success

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:29 pm 

That's nuts, I would always see their name on Amazon LP listings as one of the cheapest. That all_your_music lot must have killed them.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:14 am 

Dark Stranger wrote:
That's nuts, I would always see their name on Amazon LP listings as one of the cheapest. That all_your_music lot must have killed them.

I preferred Dodax tbh as they were Europe based....I think all_your_music +moviemars etc are all USA based,got caught out once and had duty to pay.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:46 pm 

Having a look at reviews and feedback for some well known sellers on Amazon.

Zoreno/ZorenoUK and Nagiry seem to be getting the same poor feedback for deliveries in the past month,thinking they maybe connected to Dodax or all these companies are suffering the same problems...Worth checking out before ordering.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:44 pm 

I've had CDs not turn up from Nagiry in the past. Got refunded so wasn't stung but it's still annoying.

I've gotten plenty from all_your_music, postmarked from The Netherlands, no hassle.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:30 pm 

Use music magpie through Amazon a lot, takes 2-3 weeks to deliver but otherwise never had any problems with them

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:42 pm 

I find them hit & miss for secondhand stuff but they're usually OK, especially for Blu Rays. Cheap too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:14 pm 

Just had a shipping notification for my last item....fair play to them,they seem to be fulfilling remaining orders.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:33 pm 

They're in adminustration, as opposed to liquidation, so odds are that they'll be taken over by one of their competitors, I'd imagine that they'll stay trading in the short term (their site's still up, they've still got a presence on Amazon & eBay).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:57 pm 

When their deliveries have taken ages in the past, is that since the order was placed, or since they notified of it being dispatched? Used them for the first time recently, got a dispatch note on 27th June ...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:20 pm 

Dark Horse wrote:
When their deliveries have taken ages in the past, is that since the order was placed, or since they notified of it being dispatched? Used them for the first time recently, got a dispatch note on 27th June ...

Normally from order to delivery it was 8-10 working days....since they got into bother it's a bit random...I had a CD from them dispatched 3 June which only came last Monday....a Ghost vinyl came on Friday 3 weeks after the claimed dispatch date...so 3-4 weeks after dispatch seems normal but even with the slowest mail I can't understand why it's so long...I was expecting my vinyl to be wrecked being in the post for 3 weeks but there wasn't mark on it,I'm sort of thinking it was posted alot later than the claimed date,I had actually started paypal claims for those item's...don't know if that gave them a bit of a shove or not....I'll update if the other items arrive.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:37 pm 

Cheers for that.

Yeah, dispatch notes aren't always accurate. Ordered something on Ebay recently (not music) and got a dispatch note within a day or so. All fine ... until next day, got another e-mail to advise that said item was out of stock and they would refund me :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:11 pm 

A vinyl dispatched on 3 July actually came this morning which surprised me....nothing like going into admin to give you a boot in the hole lol...tbh I'd like to see Dodax get back on track and stay open for business.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next