Back
  Gaming

Page: Previous  1 ... 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215  Next

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:58 pm 

Much to my own surprise, I’m only at about 50% completion for God Of War and holy fuck, it just keeps on giving. Probably my favorite next gen game after The Last Of Us, which is a pretty high accolade. Definitely a benchmark game

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:15 pm 

Yeah new God of War is deadly. Even on my almost decade old Samsung it looks glorious (admittedly I'm playing it on the PS4 Pro... Dat supersampled IQ)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:46 am 

Finished The New Colossus last night. Eh. The plot was ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:38 pm 

Playing some Thief Gold - bit of the old retrogaming kleptoviolence. Still stunningly atmospheric, even with the decidedly blocky graphics compared to today's smooth textures. The game is less about the graphics anyway, and more about the way the sound is used in the game, the grimy clock/steampunk aesthetic, and being a massively sneaky bastard whilst cowering in the corner when anyone says 'Hmm... I thought I saw something over there' ... - '.... Who's moving about out there?' - 'I know you're here - stop hiding!' . Great stuff, best of the first person sneakers of the time.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:16 pm 

I was going to get Far Cry 5, but I'm too poor/mean to pay the 60 quid, so I bought Far Cry Primal instead and it isn't anything new or anything but it is a grand bit of fun so far. Anyone else play it or play 5 and is 5 any good?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:16 pm 

I think you get the better game to be honest.

I spent a week under the quilt with a bad dose and rinsed every bit of Primal... I struggled to clear 5 and the second I finished it I took the disc out and sold it.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:52 pm 

Grand I'll probably leave off 5 til it is around 20 quid as well so

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:25 pm 

Yeah sure it's a Ubisoft game so it'll be cheaper sooner than later.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:05 pm 

Heard there's to be a new entry into the Fallout franchise - Fallout '76.

https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-i ... 1826425333

If that's true that it will be for sure mainly focused on online MMO survival stuff, then I'm well out until the next real Fallout game.
The main pull for those games for me is to be the Vault Dweller, Lone Wanderer, Sole Survivor, The Courier - basically becoming immersed in a proper single player experience. All of the games so far have provided that (even FO4 which has had it's ups/downs with regards to how the world is handled - but generally a good time had).
I think the franchise, if put under the scope of a DayZ style online experience, will not be that well suited.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:56 pm 

I think I'm properly addicted to Eternal Card Game (on steam). If any of you lads are/were into Magic the Gathering, I reckon you'll enjoy it. One of the most generous f2p games I've played too.

Just waiting on a beta/release date for Artifact!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:03 pm 

Just picked up a whole bunch of old-school RPG goodness for 22 quid on steam - Baldur's Gate I and II, Planescape Torment, and Icewind Dale - all Enhanced Editions and full DLC packs. That should take me some time to plough through. If anyone's interested, the deals up on Steam for at least over the weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:51 am 

Went through FFVII over the past few weeks. A bit dated in terms of graphics, but the battle and materia system are fantastic still. Really enjoyed going through it.

I'm now on Sleeping Dogs. This game started slowly, but I'm really liking it now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:03 pm 

I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs, thought the mission variety was good and the melee combat was great.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:08 pm 

Currently giving Dark Souls another playthough thanks to the new remaster.
Without a doubt one of the best games of the last generation. Such a well designed and realised game.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:54 pm 

I picked up the Dark Souls remaster but don't know do I have it in me... Played the PS3 version to NG+++++ and got the Platinum trophy to boot, but played as far as Firelink on this and had to turn it off.

Page: Previous  1 ... 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215  Next