Back
  Gaming

Page: Previous  1 ... 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209  Next

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:42 am 

Skanmar wrote:
Surprised there's no talk of Token on here yet. Surely a proper barcade should be celebrated on this thread ?

Delighted that it's opening, but I have little hype as I live the other side of the country.

Spent my easter weekend being glued to Mass Effect Andromeda - feels like a very different game to a lot of the negative reviews, it's bloody tops.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:13 am 

I'll be getting Andromeda when the price drops a little. I played ME3 a good while after release once they had "fixed" the ending and thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing. A lot of the criticism leveled at Andromeda could apply to any of the other ME games. Doubtless I'll enjoy it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:58 pm 

Yeah it's not perfect by any means but it does a lot right, and some of it is much better than the original games.

There's massive scope for character builds and the gunplay/movement is better than a lot of dedicated third person shooters. Plus the Nomad is actually a tactile joy to drive around in. There's a few different ways of scoring resources, it requires effort but isn't a grind. Some of the characters are great and the tone is a bit lighter than the original games (some genuinely funny moments in it).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:35 am 

Apparently the new Sniper Ghost Warrior takes 5 minutes to load every fucking time you boot it up!

No ta.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:06 pm 

Picked up the new Worms game from Team17 - Worms W.M.D. Yep, it's another Worms game - which basically means BIG fun. And it's a worms game done well: Worms Reloaded was great, but suffered from various bugs that people exploited, Worms Revolutions went 2.5D and lost a lot in translation IMO - this one feels more like the classic Worms Armageddon, which can only be good, as W:A was far and away the best worms experience since the original back in 1995.
Looking forward to blowing up yet more annelids with creatures of the ovine persuasion - and grannies.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:33 pm 

Played tonnes of Worms on PC in local multiplayer. Half the fun was coming up with team names, mad craic.

Picked up the new Jeff Minter game, Polybius from PSN. It's a headtrip, total sensory overload and I haven't even played it in VR.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:25 pm 

Any Steam/PC users out there?

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:20 pm 

Sonic Titan wrote:
Any Steam/PC users out there?

I'm on Steam/PC - though if you're aiming for multiplayer anything with me, you're asking for a severely high ping. Living out in the boonies of rural Ireland doesn't lend itself to decent WiFi/broadband.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:13 pm 

Been playing 2 games lately - Dead Cells + Fallout 4.

Dead Cells appealed to me as it is basically a 2D Metroidvania roguelike-like/roguelite, not unlike Rogue Legacy but with a much better aesthetic... very close to Symphony Of The Night. Fast paced and enjoyable.

Fallout 4 I picked up a while back, but hadn't d/led it because of my awful broadband. Left said broadband running over three days recently - and the whole 30+GB came down. Enjoying it so far, but it seems - a little empty compared to the previous two Fallouts.... only about 11 hours into it though, and still haven't run into any acolytes of the Brotherhood Of Steel.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:08 am 

Thinking about getting into gaming online on my PS4...can anyone recommend a good headset for gaming?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:28 pm 

The Big Dog wrote:
Thinking about getting into gaming online on my PS4...can anyone recommend a good headset for gaming?

Sennheiser GSP 300. Fantastic headset.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:51 pm 

Fallout 4 got a heck of a lot less empty. Settlement building is pretty cool but you need to scavenge from pillar to post. Wandering around with a Ghoul who aspires to be John Hancock.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:17 pm 

The Big Dog wrote:

The Sony Wireless Headset 2.0 is currently 60 quid in most places (typically goes for €85 to €100) as part of Sony's E3 "Days of Play" sale.

It has an integrated mic (good quality too and you can use it to issue voice commands to the console), 7.1 virtual surround sound, an equaliser app on PS4, 8 to 10 hour battery life, charges via micro USB and they double up as a decent set of closed-back wired headphones via a built in 3.5mm jack.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:25 pm 

Wipeout Omega Collection anybody?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:48 am 

Sonic Titan wrote:
Wipeout Omega Collection anybody?

It's animal. The HD/Fury content has had a surprising amount of a spit and polish (new assets, lighting, audio), while 2048 is glorious. Locked 1080/60 on standard PS4. 4K/60 on the Pro.

Probably the best remaster job I've seen (wait until you see Altima in 2048) plus the games are still a joy to play.

Page: Previous  1 ... 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209  Next