Back
  Gaming

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 211  Next

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:49 pm 

Prolonged Spumesence wrote:
Anyone here own an Commodore Amiga back in the day? Were anyone elses early teens stolen from them by Games like Monkey Island, Loom, Syndicate, Lionheart, Turrican II, Ork, Shadow of the Beast etc.

I could just rant and giggle about the Amiga all day. Settlers, IHF, Sensible Soccer, Cannon Fodder, Frontier Elite II, Colonisation, Civilisation, Zool, Captain Fucking Planet, Wolfenstein, James Pond...happy, happy, happy days! :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:54 pm 

Does anyone remember EA HOCKEY on the Megadrive?

What a deadly game it was. I and a couple of friends used to constantly go back to my house at lunchtime in school to play it. Epic Soviet Union vs Canada encounters.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:54 pm 

does anyone remember Flimbos Quest, now there was a game!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:58 pm 

NothingRemains wrote:
ah tatooed millionaires picture avatar thingy there reminded me of my favourite games ever . the metal gear solid series. especially one and three.
anybody else?

Huge fan of the Metal Gear Solid series. The death of Gray Fox is one of the best scenes i have ever seen in a game. Snake Eater was also deadly, but MGS2 is the weakest of the lot. Can't wait for MGS4!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:02 pm 

the only games i ever really liked were tekken(most of them) and tomb raider 1+2 for ps1 and tomb raider legends is good aswell, anyone else?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:19 pm 

Era VulgaChris wrote:
Prolonged Spumesence wrote:
Anyone here own an Commodore Amiga back in the day? Were anyone elses early teens stolen from them by Games like Monkey Island, Loom, Syndicate, Lionheart, Turrican II, Ork, Shadow of the Beast etc.

I could just rant and giggle about the Amiga all day. Settlers, IHF, Sensible Soccer, Cannon Fodder, Frontier Elite II, Colonisation, Civilisation, Zool, Captain Fucking Planet, Wolfenstein, James Pond...happy, happy, happy days! :D

Cannon Fodder! chirst I'd forgotten about that one. Brilliant game! Loved the way the cemetary grew on the hills behind were all the recruits lined up. Sensible made some off the wall crazy games like Wizball and Wizkid.
I used to go to computer city in Ballybrack where the guys there would sell me games that had no boxes for £1. I still have a massive amount of games disks in my parents attic.
Was Wolfenstein on the Amiga?
More games that come to mind now, The Chaos Engine (amazing! had some deadly music too), Speedball II Brutal Deluxe, Cadaver, Bat, Midwinter, Eye of the Beholder Part II, Blood Money, Baal, Dizzy, Mercenary (the piece of cheese was the fastest vehicle)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:19 pm 

Oh the Amiga...Senible World of Soccer, Dogs of War, Monkey Island...Great machine. The only gaming I do these days is Halo 3 Multiplayer with 3 XBoxs hooked up to a hub in a mates gaff. Good auld craic and it keeps me out of the boozer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:20 pm 

Padre Pio wrote:

What a deadly game it was. I and a couple of friends used to constantly go back to my house at lunchtime in school to play it. Epic Soviet Union vs Canada encounters.

That game was absolutely excellent! so much so it was in Swingers :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:22 pm 

Do you remember the theme tune Jon?? "War, never been so much fun, war, never been so much fun" Quality.

It might not have been Wolfenstein...some rip off I had anyway.

Chaos Engine was fucking mental. All I really remember from it is the phrase "NODE ACTIVATED" followed by a highly phallic pulsating sprite on screen. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:39 pm 

Alex Kidd on the Master System was also the business. Many memories associated with that one when i was a sprout.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:44 pm 

Node Activated - Jesus that's all I remember from that game as well. I also seem to remember it was fuckin difficult! Those old games were savage, remember playing them on the Amstrad back in the day - with a green screen - thank god things have moved on a bit.

BTW to the Mario Kart people here, the best version was on the SNES, that N64 version is cack, the other drivers are always as fast as you no matter how good you are - what's the point of playing a game you can never beat senseless (even if it is good craic with a bunch of mates)?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:45 pm 

F Zero mother fucking X....no more needs to be said

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:11 pm 

ok first of all the best part of f zero x was the roulette after you died as you could annoy all your mates, as for the best mario kart...it was the n64, sorry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:45 pm 

All I will say is that Cannon Fodder is now considered abandonware and if you have a windows machines you could be singing along to the tune very soon.

I loved my Amiga 500 and Amiga Power magazine Mark "Cam" Winstanley is still one of my favourite journoscum, I even remember buying an extra quarter megabyte of RAM so you would have a whole half meg and could play Sensible World Of Soccer et al (I think SWOS needed half a meg).

I just remembered Speedball 2 now there was a game.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:52 pm 

Padre Pio wrote:

great game. Also Italia 90, Streets of rage and and Mortal Kombat. Was always a sega man never liked the SNES. Got one of those sega simulators on my laptop a while ago but the games get old really fast.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 211  Next