Back
  The Tube

Page: Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:14 am 

Snatchgrabber wrote:
The new season of Narcos was leagues ahead of the first two, far more compelling

Really?! I loved the first two and wasn't sure about even starting Season 3 at all because Pablo won't be in it (his character was brilliant in the first two!).
I might have to give Narcos S3 a go after I finish Ozark S1.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:01 pm 

Its fair to say that many people had the same reservations because, lets be fair, it seemed from the get-go that he was the sole focus of the show and that it would die with him, but it turns out in this context that his death lead to them revising and improving on everything that seemed to make the first two seasons falter somewhat, from characterization to story-telling to tension building and so forth, at least from my perspective. Wagner Moura did a great job as Escobar, but with him out of the picture and the focus being on the Cali cartel, it gives a grater scope for more characters, all played brilliantly, and Pedro Pascal (Javier Pena) really upped his game in the role. I found it much more engrossing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:54 pm 

Yep while I still prefer the Pablo seasons overall I thoroughly enjoyed season 3 and blitzed through the whole thing the weekend it was released. The characters were far better fleshed out this time around and the acting was great. Solid storyline and dialogue made for great viewing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:43 am 

Well there ya go, cheers, completely sold now. Will get stuck in to it soon as I can.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:51 am 

Ah stop, in the middle of Narcos season 3 and I can´t wait to continue watching tonight. The Cali Cartel are some boys, it´s engrossing stuff altogether.

As for the UFOs in Fargo, I found it to be a really cool literary device for lack of a better term (I don´t know how to describe it in terms of film making). When the UFO appears it´s not clear whether it is meant to taken as `literal´ or whether it is something that one of the characters is experiencing in their own mind..some sort of PTSD type thing or maybe an interpretation of past events. The whole story is based on reconstructions of eyewitness events so I think that allows for that creative leeway.

Also, in the time and area that the series is set there was a huge UFO craze that probably exists to this day. It honestly didn´t bother me at all. I just would take it as mischievous and with a pinch of salt as it was intended to be.

footloose onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:51 pm 

Snatchgrabber wrote:
Its fair to say that many people had the same reservations because, lets be fair, it seemed from the get-go that he was the sole focus of the show and that it would die with him, but it turns out in this context that his death lead to them revising and improving on everything that seemed to make the first two seasons falter somewhat, from characterization to story-telling to tension building and so forth, at least from my perspective. Wagner Moura did a great job as Escobar, but with him out of the picture and the focus being on the Cali cartel, it gives a grater scope for more characters, all played brilliantly, and Pedro Pascal (Javier Pena) really upped his game in the role. I found it much more engrossing

Nice one for the overview man. I was kind of meandering towards the day where I might try out S3 but will jog along now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:01 pm 

I put it off myself for the same reasons but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Also, Mr Mercedes is indeed the best thing on at the moment. There's been fuck all buzz about it but that's probably because its being shown on a relatively unreputable network as far as I can tell, but I'd urge anyone with taste to get onto it sharpish.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:11 pm 

Black Shepherd Carnage wrote:
Snatchgrabber wrote:

Nice one for the overview man. I was kind of meandering towards the day where I might try out S3 but will jog along now.

He's totally right when he says it's better too. A tighter, meaner animal overall.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:58 pm 

Anything with Brendan Gleeson is good craic as far as i'm concerned. Pair that with Stephen King.... could be well good.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:52 pm 

Season 3 of Narcos seemed to go by much quicker than the previous two.
Defo more focused and less filler.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:52 pm 

This might need its own thread but has anyone been checking out that Twitter account claiming to be from a Secret producer in RTE?

Highlights various stories from the working culture in there that apparently explains why the quality of programming on RTE is so low. (In fairness I live in England for the last decade so I only occasionally watch RTE when I'm visiting home but seems about right)

The bosses in RTE are having a fit over the tweets,

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:13 pm 

You have a link to the twitter account?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:21 pm 

jobrok1 wrote:
You have a link to the twitter account?

Just start from the beginning and grab the popcorn https://twitter.com/rtesecretpro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:59 pm 

Started watching Vinyl the other night. Im liking it so far- yer man is very good in the lead role,and it being set in 1973- its interesting to see the likes of Punk, Hip Hop, Disco and other bands in their early stages, not making much impression to the record labels, but making background noise alongside the main bands of the shows storylines- the Zeppelins, etc.

Also have a coupla episodes of The Night Of seen,and thats interesting aswell.

Page: Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145