Back
  The Tube

Page: Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145  Next

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:57 am 

When I watched the final episode I had no idea what to make of the ending but it made more sense when I did some research online.

I think as well about 15mins of the final episode was wasted with Cooper just sitting in the car, driving saying nothing and as it got towards the end I was just waiting for something crazy to happen then I felt let down when it didn't (Which I suspect is what Lynch wanted). If that is the end I think it's a disappointing end to a great series.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:20 am 

I thought the end was great!! that final scene was awesome. I read the review in the Independent (or maybe it was the Guardian) and they missed the most important bit of information......

*SPOILER ALERT* TWIN PEAKS *SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!! READ NO FURTHER!!!

....when LP and Coop are standing in the road seconds before it finishes, and as others assume, they're in a parallel universe, all with different names and characteristics and different people own the Palmer house etc etc... you faintly hear Sarah Palmer, faintly and muffled from inside the house, call out "Laura?"... and then yer one does her same old mental SCREAM, its just completely brilliant and absolutely chilling to the bone, loved it!!!

just a random thought, but is Sarah Palmer actually Judy (joo day) and did she infect her husband with Bob??!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:14 pm 

The general consensus seems to be that yes, Sarah was possessed by something at least "Judy" related. This could support the idea that she was the young girl whose mouth which the large insect or whatever it was- crawled into at the end of episode 8.

When Coop is back in 1989 and seemingly alters the timeline by trying to lure Laura from impending death- "Judy/Sarah" is then seen violently stabbing Laura's photo in Sarah's sitting room in the present day. This, could have been then, what sent Laura and then Coop into some altered timeline/reality. At the final scene,Laura hears Sarah's voice calling her from inside the house( Maybe Sarah/Judy was hiding in the house the whole time - the names of the house previous owners had the same names of Black Lodge dwellers in Fire walk with Me. ) Laura's shriek at the end could suggest that she suddenly cops on who she actually is,and gets total recall of her past before she supposed to have died.

OR....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmU6N8DSVag
This fella here implies that Cooper never actually left the Black Lodge at all,and that the whole season was one of his dreams. I dont wanna believe that theory.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:05 am 

Kyle Reece wrote:
OR....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmU6N8DSVag
This fella here implies that Cooper never actually left the Black Lodge at all,and that the whole season was one of his dreams. I dont wanna believe that theory.

hmmm, remember in Sheriff Truman's office when Coop said to the whole cast that was gathered "see you at the final curtain call" and when his face was superimposed over the whole screen I started thinking this was some dream sequence and was the whole thing a dream, I really hope not as that's a bit of a copout. Parallel universes, altered states and supernatural forces are much more palatable!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:42 pm 

https://www.waggish.org/2017/twin-peaks-finale/

If David Lynch read thru' this and said "Yup, that about sums it up", I would appreciate the final half hour much better,because this analysis really made me think that hopefully Coop had actually won. Its definitely one of the best theories, if not the best Ive read. And I agree with pretty much all of it.

This one though, blew my mind.
https://medium.com/@onantiad/episodes-1 ... 1352ce38e8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk5aBRrHZFY
This is an uploaded vid of the final two episodes playing in sync over each other. Not too sure about it- but the final scene with Sarah's House when seen alongside "Judy"s freakout in episode 17 is really interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:34 pm 

What with the summer being shit for TV, I've been kinda stumped so I started Bosch. Decent police procedural. Been tipping away with Archer too. Funny stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:32 am 

Quite enjoyed Bosch. Character is a bit one dimensional at times and there are a few obvious cliches but a decent watch over all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:08 am 

I'm about halfway through season 2. Ya, it's nothing overly original but it's done well and the cast are all solid.

Mr Mercedes is probably the best thing on at the moment til the autumn shows come back.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:48 pm 

Recently finished Fargo. Season 1 was a bit weird but ok, Season 2 was terrible and Season 3 was brilliant. Ewan McGregor's two characters were hilarious. Varga was just a bastard, great character though you never knew what he was going to do next.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:51 pm 

Have you lost your marbles lad? Fargo season 1 was absolutely excellent and so was season 2. Season 3 I enjoyed but by far the weakest.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:52 pm 

mickO))) wrote:
Recently finished Fargo. Season 1 was a bit weird but ok, Season 2 was terrible and Season 3 was brilliant. Ewan McGregor's two characters were hilarious. Varga was just a bastard, great character though you never knew what he was going to do next.

Really?! I thought the first 2 seasons were way better than S3. S2 in particular was brilliant, I thought.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:03 pm 

I only watched the film for the first time on Saturday so before watching the TV show I had no idea what it was about. At the start I actually thought it was as it says based on a true story and I just thought the way Billy Bob Thornton was getting away with everything was just a bit too far fetched and I didn't really start to enjoy season 1 until the 7th or 8th episode.

Season 2 was just boring and I struggled to finish it no decent characters and I didn't really like the time and place it was set in.

Season 3 had some great characters.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:00 pm 

I enjoyed season 2 far more than season 1 but both were brilliant. Haven't started season 3 yet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:15 pm 

I couldn't even finish season 3 of Fargo. Seasons 1 and 2 are masterpieces.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:48 am 

pedro wrote:
I couldn't even finish season 3 of Fargo. Seasons 1 and 2 are masterpieces.

Season 1 was the best I reckon, Season 2 was brilliant but not just as brilliant as S1.
S3 was never going to come close to either of its predecessors but nonetheless was still pretty good. All in all a great trilogy!

Started watching Ozark, 2 eps in and loving it!

Page: Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145  Next