Back
  The Tube

Page: Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147 ... 149  Next

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:50 am 

Season 2 of Fargo is fantastic... bookended by stupid UFO pieces that had no business being in the show.
Other then those 2 scenes it was utterly flawless!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:46 am 

Emphyrio wrote:
Mr Mercedes is probably the best thing on at the moment til the autumn shows come back.

Never heard of this until your post. I was struggling for TV choices last night so stuck on episode 1. Really enjoyed it. Certainly has potential. Thought Brendan Gleeson was very good.

DOOMSCHMOKER wrote:
Started watching Ozark, 2 eps in and loving it!

I posted earlier that I wasn't particularly enjoying Ozark but I have to say that from about episode 5 I really enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:35 am 

Ozark is brilliant, definitely worth sticking through it if you're not feeling the first couple of episodes!

Finished The Mist, finally. I just HAD to see what happened. It was a fucking joke. The story wrap up was terrible and the characters were just dumb beyond belief.

Was good for one thing only, shouting at the TV about fucking stupid everything was.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:01 am 

Started watching a thing last night called Snowfall, which is about the onset of the crack cocaine epidemic in the US and starts off in 1983. Hints of Narcos to it but first episode wasn't bad.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:17 am 

skadk666 wrote:
Finished The Mist, finally. I just HAD to see what happened. It was a fucking joke. The story wrap up was terrible and the characters were just dumb beyond belief.

Was good for one thing only, shouting at the TV about fucking stupid everything was.

The film of The Mist was ridiculous too. The only benefit was that I watched a Polish DVD of it and the translation of the title was Mgła so a certain small number of metal points were gained.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:59 am 

Curiousity got the better of me and I started watching episode 1 of "The Orville"... and turned it off after about 15 minutes... :shock:

I know it was meant to be a satire of Star Trek, but fuck me, there was absolutely nothing even remotely humourous about it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:12 pm 

jobrok1 wrote:
Curiousity got the better of me and I started watching episode 1 of "The Orville"... and turned it off after about 15 minutes... :shock:

I know it was meant to be a satire of Star Trek, but fuck me, there was absolutely nothing even remotely humourous about it.

Apparently no networks this side of the Atlantic will take it on. It must be very bad.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:40 pm 

The only satire of Star Trek you need is Galaxy Quest.

Not too long before Star Trek: Discovery finally airs. Hopefully it should be good stuff - at least, hopefully better than Star Trek: Enterprise.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:57 pm 

Padre Pio wrote:
skadk666 wrote:

The film of The Mist was ridiculous too. The only benefit was that I watched a Polish DVD of it and the translation of the title was Mgła so a certain small number of metal points were gained.

Ah I enjoyed the film due to it "so bad its good" nature. BUt yeah, the TV show is pure piss.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:02 pm 

ST:Discovery looks like it's going to shake up the formula a bit. Not a bad thing, really.

I absolutely loved The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine back in the day. But they really haven't aged well, at all.

I never took to Enterprise!
It was yer man from Quantum Leap that turned me off it before I ever even checked it out.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:04 pm 

Haven't watched season 3 of Fargo yet but 1 and 2 were both brilliant. I think I watched the majority of Season 2 in a single sitting. It seemed like more of an ensemble sized cast rather than the focus on the main 4 characters in season 1, which was cool.

Two episodes into Ozark, it's decent, but will keep going.

Halfway through the new season of Bojack Horseman, patchy but enjoying it a lot. Really love that show.

Can probably say the same for the new season of Rick and Morty. Though the most recent episode has to be one of the best episodes yet.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:41 pm 

jobrok1 wrote:
bookended by stupid UFO pieces that had no business being in the show.

What was that all about?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:44 pm 

The new season of Narcos was leagues ahead of the first two, far more compelling

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:17 pm 

Mr Mercedes is currently floating my boat. I read the books and thus far it's been a blow by blow account.

Agreed on the new season of Narcos, fantastic!

We finished watching Glow last night on Netflix, very good fun, if not a little predictable.

Paul.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:44 pm 

The UFO thing in Fargo did seem out of nowhere and at odds somewhat, but it could be a nod to the Coens again. In their film The Man Who Wasn't There (also featuring BB Thornton) there's a very similar scene at the end of the film with a UFO. Barton Fink also has supernatural/biblical nods in its ending that come in unexpectedly and briefly.

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.indiewire ... 87564/amp/

Page: Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147 ... 149  Next