Back
  The Tube

Page: Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155 ... 163  Next

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:08 pm 

Two episodes into Dark on Netflix and it's pretty decent. Definitely has a Stranger Things feel to it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:16 pm 

Invictus wrote:
Two episodes into Dark on Netflix and it's pretty decent. Definitely has a Stranger Things feel to it.

I watched the whole thing over the weekend and enjoyed it. It ends on a bit of a cliffhanger though, so hopefully there's a season 2 or otherwise it'll be a bit annoying.

Some metal links in this, with one character blasting "Pleasure to Kill" in his bedroom and later wearing a t-shirt with a logo that looks very similar to the band Morbid but has been changed slightly, I guess for copyright reasons or something.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:59 am 

Just watching episode 3 of the new vikings season. Man that scene with Ivar sitting on the floor was fucking savage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:59 pm 

Nagrenol wrote:
Just watching episode 3 of the new vikings season. Man that scene with Ivar sitting on the floor was fucking savage

Ivar is totally fucking out there-and his ability to totally freak out and hypnotise the Saxons with fear by just sitting there and goading them on like that was powerful viewing. That whole York battle under the pissing rain was awesome. The consequences of what happened to Ragnar last season have given way to 4 potentially brilliant storylines all happening miles apart from each other. There's a real epicness to it all now,and lets hope the extra episodes give it all equal time to pan out.

I really hope that Bjorn's spin into the Mediterranean gets the time and attention it deserves- if they get that right,it will be amazing-and I also cant wait to see Floki's saga unfold.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:21 pm 

Nagrenol wrote:
Man that scene with Ivar sitting on the floor was fucking savage

Sure what else was the crippled cunt gonna do haha?! Much better episode than last weeks, a real step up in quality. Some great scenes in York. Here's hoping they keep up the momentum.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:40 pm 

Kyle Reece wrote:
Nagrenol wrote:

Ivar is totally fucking out there-and his ability to totally freak out and hypnotise the Saxons with fear by just sitting there and goading them on like that was powerful viewing. That whole York battle under the pissing rain was awesome. The consequences of what happened to Ragnar last season have given way to 4 potentially brilliant storylines all happening miles apart from each other. There's a real epicness to it all now,and lets hope the extra episodes give it all equal time to pan out.

I really hope that Bjorn's spin into the Mediterranean gets the time and attention it deserves- if they get that right,it will be amazing-and I also cant wait to see Floki's saga unfold.

I've already seen some scenes for him so it looks like there will be reasonable coverage for that story line

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:29 pm 

4 Eps in to Dark S1, it's bloody good!! Intriguing and slightly confusing, which for now is a good thing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:56 pm 

Also 3 EPs in to Peaky Blinders S4 and so far so good, enjoying it as much as the previous seasons. More of the same really.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:14 am 

Looking forward to giving that a go. It sounds (based solely on reading the premise) like there's a bit of a Twin Peaks and Les Revenants buzz to it plotwise and thematically. Small town, missing locals/children that reveal a dark underbelly etc. Would I be correct in presuming so?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:59 am 

Nasgul_Brian wrote:
Looking forward to giving that a go. It sounds (based solely on reading the premise) like there's a bit of a Twin Peaks and Les Revenants buzz to it plotwise and thematically. Small town, missing locals/children that reveal a dark underbelly etc. Would I be correct in presuming so?

I'd say it's like a more adult/darker version of Stranger Things. You can definitely see that they were influenced by Twin Peaks too, but it's not as much of an artistic work as TP. It's definitely worth watching but is not half as good as TP and I'd also put Les Revenants ahead of it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:07 pm 

4 episodes into Manhunt:Unabomber. Very good watch so far. The FBI hunt for the mail bomber. Acting seems top notch and story is addictive.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:06 pm 

In no mood for watching anything new.. found all the seasons of Spartacus on Netflix so powerin through it again.
Some show

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:24 pm 

I thought Dark was a load of cobblers tbh. Just started Wormwood. Giving the Unabomber thing a go once I'm done

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:19 pm 

Few episodes into The Handmaid's Tale,and Im liking it. I so far dont think its the best thing on the telly this year as made out by certain critics,but Im glad I've started watching it,and interested seeing how it plays out. Very bleak stuff in places.

Also started Sinner last night,and thats so far so good too.

Loving Vikings- Floki's walkabouts in Iceland are brilliantly and beautifully shot-some of the most epic looking scenes on the show. My only real reservation is Bjorn's voyage doest feel as huge as it deserves to be-- its too rushed in places-he swooped across the sea in little time or trouble,and we're not given enough time in his new whereabouts to fully feel the same sense of wonder as Ragnar felt when his journeys begun back in the first season.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:30 am 

Anyone catch the latest 'League of Gentlemen' episodes?, missed out on them over Christmas, wondering if they are any good.

Page: Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155 ... 163  Next