Back
  The Tube

Page: Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154  Next

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:58 pm 

leatherface wrote:
Anyone catch the latest 'League of Gentlemen' episodes?, missed out on them over Christmas, wondering if they are any good.

Watched them all last night. They were brilliant, like it's never been away.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:26 pm 

Anyone watch Hard Sun on BBC 1 last night ?

It's a 'pre-apocalyptic' drama with some sci-fi/conspiracy elements.

Seems to have some potential although I think there might be too many subplots and there's only 6 episodes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:25 am 

Latest episode of Vikings #chewinballs !!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:06 am 

I gave up on 'Dark' after 5 episodes, got rather tedious.

Started Narcos season3. Enjoying the latest season of Vikings and halfway through S7 of Suits, which is more of the same and still brilliant.

Any other recommendations??

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:42 am 

On the final episode of Dark. Is it me not having paid quite enough attention at some point or is it a bit unnecessarily confusing after 6 or 7 eps? Once that 3rd timeline came in I started struggling to remember who was who and how they were related. Enjoyed a fair bit of it and will finish it, but yeah lots of characters and small scenes/events stuffed into the whole thing that are becoming annoyingly hard to keep track of (or just not interesting or compelling enough to give a shit) - as opposed to a complex story that's suspenseful and fun to try and wrap your head around.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:58 am 

Those 3 episodes of The League of Gentlemen were excellent. Great nods to the past, but perfectly grim, hilarious, dark, melancholy, bonkers in equal measure - as it should be. Im so glad Les finally caught a break (or so it seems). Toddy's bingo was so well done, weaving the miserably weird story in and out of the bingo...The Luigi scene, the situation with Pauline.... and of course - toilet duck. Top quality - im sure they'll do more. They've clearly still got it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:13 pm 

DOOMSCHMOKER wrote:
I gave up on 'Dark' after 5 episodes, got rather tedious.

Started Narcos season3. Enjoying the latest season of Vikings and halfway through S7 of Suits, which is more of the same and still brilliant.

Any other recommendations??

I've been tearing into Narcos the last 2 weeks. On On ep4 of S3. What a great show!

I'm up to speed on Suits. More of the same but not doing it for me as much the last while.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:17 pm 

Anyone watch Big Little Lies? Aired early in 2017, I binged the whole thing a couple of weeks ago. Pretty damn good I have to say and not what I expected it to be. Some great performances too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:21 pm 

skadk666 wrote:
Anyone watch Big Little Lies? Aired early in 2017, I binged the whole thing a couple of weeks ago. Pretty damn good I have to say and not what I expected it to be. Some great performances too.

Aye it's well acted. I'm 4 episodes in but not sure if I'll watch the rest. Not because it's not good, just because I hate every character in it. Jesus H Christ, bunch of fucking assholes every one of them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:22 pm 

Finally started watching Black Mirror a couple of weeks ago. Great stuff. I watched series 2 episode 2 'White Bear' last night and thought it was the best episode so far, that twist in the end :shock:.

Channel 4 can make great a show every once in a while, shame it usually takes a backseat to all the trash/reality shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:42 pm 

lemmyisgod wrote:
Finally started watching Black Mirror a couple of weeks ago. Great stuff. I watched series 2 episode 2 'White Bear' last night and thought it was the best episode so far, that twist in the end :shock:.

Channel 4 can make great a show every once in a while, shame it usually takes a backseat to all the trash/reality shit.

This will be controversial I'd say. There only 2, maybe 3 good episodes of black mirror. Rest is pretentious wank. And Charlie brooker can fuck off. I realise that I'm in the minority but just can't warm to it.

Watched recently.
The Sinner. Good drama on Netflix. Can't really describe it as I'd give away spoilers.
Manhunt:Unabomber. Really good show about the mail bomber in America.
Gomorrah season 3. Good but more of the same.

Lastly I re watched "Romanzo Criminale" the Italian tv crime show (there's a separate film but tv show is better). It is absolutely fantastic. Only 2 seasons and it flys by.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:54 pm 

ollkiller wrote:
skadk666 wrote:

Aye it's well acted. I'm 4 episodes in but not sure if I'll watch the rest. Not because it's not good, just because I hate every character in it. Jesus H Christ, bunch of fucking assholes every one of them.

Stick with it, its a fairly satisfying ending I must say. Although, the missus says she was only half satisfied with it :P Cleaned up at the Golden Globes the other night anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:20 pm 

ollkiller wrote:

This will be controversial I'd say. There only 2, maybe 3 good episodes of black mirror. Rest is pretentious wank. And Charlie brooker can fuck off. I realise that I'm in the minority but just can't warm to it.

Watched recently.
The Sinner. Good drama on Netflix. Can't really describe it as I'd give away spoilers.

Lastly I re watched "Romanzo Criminale" the Italian tv crime show (there's a separate film but tv show is better). It is absolutely fantastic. Only 2 seasons and it flys by.

Absolutely in agreement about Black Mirror. I loved one ep and really liked another in S1, but that's it. I dunno if the new season is very good or it's just really hitting the mainstream now or what but it seems to be everywhere. I just haven't been arsed watching the latest season. I dunno if I will either.

The Sinner wasn't bad at all. I like self-contained mini series yokes for the most part, eliminates a lot of filler.

I dunno if I'll bother with Manhunt. Watching a few brain-free shows too, as per usual, so not especially short of stuff to watch.

Have S1 of Gommorah for ages but haven't got around to it. Could be just what the doctor ordered once I finish Narcos.
Might check out Romanzo Criminale before Gomorrah though, seeing as it's finished.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:03 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
ollkiller wrote:

Watched recently.

Absolutely in agreement about Black Mirror. I loved one ep and really liked another in S1, but that's it. I dunno if the new season is very good or it's just really hitting the mainstream now or what but it seems to be everywhere. I just haven't been arsed watching the latest season. I dunno if I will either.

The Sinner wasn't bad at all. I like self-contained mini series yokes for the most part, eliminates a lot of filler.

I dunno if I'll bother with Manhunt. Watching a few brain-free shows too, as per usual, so not especially short of stuff to watch.

Have S1 of Gommorah for ages but haven't got around to it. Could be just what the doctor ordered once I finish Narcos.
Might check out Romanzo Criminale before Gomorrah though, seeing as it's finished.

Do check it out, you won't regret it. Gomorrah is good but it's no Romanzo.

@skadd666. As I've watched 4 episodes I'll watch the rest. Just hope my tv dosent get a pint glass through it.

footloose ´╗┐onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:24 pm 

3 eps into The Handmaid's Tale and have to say it is absolutely exceptional so far. As far as screen adaptations go, if it keeps up this level of perfect execution, it'll be up there with The Shining, The Princess Bride, The Godfather, and Noddy.

Page: Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154  Next