Back
  The Tube

Page: Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 162  Next

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:32 pm 

Kyle Reece wrote:
Twin Peaks was fantastic- what a pay off! That scene was so fucking brilliant- "I am the FBI"... wonderful.
It was yet another pumping forward paced episode- its really been on a roll since say episode 13. The sluggish paced episodes of the mid point and the seemingly loose threads seem to be weaving together.
Everything about last nights episode was great. When the whole shebang is finished in a coupla weeks, I cant wait to see the whole thing again all together.

That line "I am the FBI" was total cheese and it was marvellous. Last 3 episodes have been fantastic and about time too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:04 pm 

True Detective season 3 announced:

https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/true-dete ... t-details/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:00 am 

skadk666 wrote:

Great looking forward to it. Season 1 is amazing watched it so many times and Season 2 while it doesn't come close to season 1 I still enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:03 pm 

Two hour Twin Peaks finale tonight- or in mine and most cases- sometime tomorrow! After a series of brilliant episodes and wonderful payoffs- "I am the FBI", is my favourite telly moment of the year- I cant wait, but have no idea just what will happen. Theres so many fan theories and ideas put out there that everything seem plausible.

The unconventional thing for Lynch to possibly do is to actually wrap it all up in a cohesive way,with more or less everything revealed and finalised- aint gonna happen, but I cant wait to see it anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:43 pm 

Apparently it's been leaked already but in two parts. My sister fucked up royally and downloaded the second half and not the first :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:45 pm 

:? No idea what that ending was suppose to mean.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:31 pm 

The first hour was great, really enjoyed it. The second half was very draggish like the other episodes.

Will hold off commenting about it till more people have gotten a chance to see it etc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:18 am 

Brilliant final 2 episodes, loved it. Typical Lynch in that none of it was typical at all, no one could see any of that coming, none of it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:58 pm 

Just watched part 1 of the TP finale and loved it. The way they weaved in the older footage with the current timeline was done brilliantly! Looking forward to watching the final part tomorrow night.

Reckon I'll put in a pre-order for the soundtrack too which is out soon. There's two new ones coming out but the album featuring all of the Bang Bang Bar outros is the one I'm looking forward to hearing. Don't think there's a single song I outright disliked on any episode ending and they all felt like they belonged on the show theme/mood-wise.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:27 am 

Been watching The Mist on Netflix. I was excited for this as I loved the movie, cause its just batshit crazy and so bad its good. Never got around to reading the original Stephen King story though, I should change that!

Well, I was hoping the series would take a different spin on things, and it does, but its fucking terrible. Terrible acting, dialogue, special effects.... its a train wreck. And I cant stop watching. And saying that, its not even so bad its good, its just really bad!

Anyone else watching?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:44 am 

skadk666 wrote:
Been watching The Mist on Netflix. I was excited for this as I loved the movie, cause its just batshit crazy and so bad its good. Never got around to reading the original Stephen King story though, I should change that!

Well, I was hoping the series would take a different spin on things, and it does, but its fucking terrible. Terrible acting, dialogue, special effects.... its a train wreck. And I cant stop watching. And saying that, its not even so bad its good, its just really bad!

Anyone else watching?

Lasted maybe a half hour. It was terribly bad. Read some reviews seeing if it improved. It didn't by all accounts. This was after 2 or 3 eps. Maybe it did improve after that. Unlikely though, I reckon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:51 am 

Emphyrio wrote:
skadk666 wrote:

Anyone else watching?

Lasted maybe a half hour. It was terribly bad. Read some reviews seeing if it improved. It didn't by all accounts. This was after 2 or 3 eps. Maybe it did improve after that. Unlikely though, I reckon

I'm on the 5th or 6th episode now. And honestly, I just cant believe they actually went ahead with this. The actors are just atrocious. And that's what I find so funny about it, watching how they act in certain situations and what they'll say. Its fucking hilariously bad.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:58 am 

I got as far as the cop/deputy gimp taking selfies out in the mist in the first episode and said... "Fuck this rubbish".

The movie wasn't great, to be fair.
This series was always going to be a hard sell.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:17 am 

Ya, the acting is shocking. It's not a story that requires a full season either. Anything more than 90mins and you're kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel.

That said, I too have persevered with some awful muck.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:10 pm 

The first half of the Twin Peaks finale was fantastic- a showdown which could have looked so silly on any other show, but while not the exact face/off I thought it would have been,( yer man with the green glove, I never would have imagined somebody like that to be involved)- but that whole scene was magnificent. Cooper's face seemingly superimposed behind what was happening -any ideas on what that was supposed to mean, lads?

I loved the whole returning to the past scene aswell- hearing the classic theme swoop up the moment,as Coop utters "We're going Home..." As the red curtains flared up to Julie Cruise's singing, - some unanswered questions aside, all seemed like a fantastic finale to me...

But then there was one more episode to go...I honestly dont know what to make of that. Ive watched it twice, watched a rake of fan made vids with their own theories,and while Ive an idea on what might have happened,I dont think I agree with it. I dont see the point in leaving so many loose ends hanging us to dry like that (Audrey!!), in favour of literally driving into another darkened tangent,that lead to a door shutting us in the face.

Im happy with some of the closure we did get on some of the series's main arcs,but there was so much other stuff that cudda been addressed in the final part,instead of what happened. Judy, The Glass Box in New York, Audrey...
Opinion could change with another viewing/change of perspective, and overall it was a brilliant series.

Page: Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 162  Next