Back
  The Tube

Page: Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149 ... 162  Next

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:36 pm 

Star Trek: Discovery is off to a very good start. First 2 episodes, anyway. Managed to wash the mental taste of that Orville gack out of my brain, thankfully.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:48 pm 

Gonna hold off on Star Trek for a while. Forgot that Brian Fuller was one of the creators. His version of TV version of Hannibal being one of the best things of the last few years.

Finished Archer. Season 8 was fairly dull, it has to be said.

Watched Sneaky Pete. Had some great moments and yer man Ribisi is great, as expected. It's been renewed for a second season but think the storyline was wrapped up nicely in S1 so I might leave it at that.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5011816/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Ray Donovan is very fuckin slow this season. On ep6 now and would be happy for it to end after this run.

Also started Tin Star. First ep was excellent, second one was only ok but loads of scope in it so I've fairly high hopes.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4607112/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Struggling through S3 of Bosch. Not nearly as enjoyable as the first 2 seasons.

footloose ´╗┐onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:18 pm 

Didn't make it past 15 minutes of first ep of Star Trek Discovery. Fuck. Terrible special effects, horrible aesthetic in general, terrible acting, terrible dialogue, and opening with the weakest, cringiest idea for an SOS I've ever encountered in film or television... gonna allow other hardcore fans watch the whole thing and then tell me whether or not it picks up the ENORMOUS amount it needs to in order to compensate for the gratuitous sacrilege at every turn, otherwise I'll just class it alongside the animated series as being ex-canon.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:29 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
Gonna hold off on Star Trek for a while. Forgot that Brian Fuller was one of the creators. His version of TV version of Hannibal being one of the best things of the last few years.

Also started Tin Star. First ep was excellent, second one was only ok but loads of scope in it so I've fairly high hopes.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4607112/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Funny you mention Hannibal. I'm watching it again with the missus, she hadn't seen it and I never finished it. I'd never watched season 3 for some reason. But watching it again, damn its good! Mads Mikkelsen and Hugh Dancy are great. Nearly finished season 2 now anyway.

I have Tin Star queued, hearing good things about the first couple episodes and Tim Roth is generally brilliant in anything so looking
forward to it!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:15 pm 

Ep 1 of Tin Star was great.
2 and 3 really took from it, though.
The Bits in or being too fucking clich├ę.

The first 2 Star Trek Epson are very good, in my opinion. Especially ep2.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:36 pm 

On episode 2 of the deuce now. As expected from a David Simon creation, it's great. Some nice nods to the Wire in there too in terms of the supporting cast, but nothing too blatant.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:25 pm 

Just finished Narcos 3 and loved it. Karl was on the ball about it. I was sick of the Pablo cat and mouse by the end of the 2nd so was glad they wrapped that up and they really nailed it in the 3rd.

One episode in Mr Mercedes which is looking good so far and The Deuce looks class. Hadn't heard about that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:20 pm 

open face surgery wrote:
Just finished Narcos 3 and loved it. Karl was on the ball about it. I was sick of the Pablo cat and mouse by the end of the 2nd so was glad they wrapped that up and they really nailed it in the 3rd.

One episode in Mr Mercedes which is looking good so far and The Deuce looks class. Hadn't heard about that.

Yes Narcos season 3 was very good. Season 2 i actually found better than season one. Mr Mercedes is well good. Also the deuce looks really promising, sure with David Simon involved how could it not be.

New star trek was very corny in parts. Will give it a few episodes but it does not look promising. Watched first episode of tin star. Off to a good start anyway. Also watched first episode of Peter Kay's car share last night. Pretty funny. A good laugh.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:37 pm 

can't believe any serious scifi nerd can tolerate the new trek...they have potentially the best franchise ever and could cause a fucking tv paradigm shift or even rescue tv wholesale if they rebooted DS9 or followed up post Voyager or mixed all the living actors in a parallel universe trek finale thing.....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:54 am 

skyr wrote:
can't believe any serious scifi nerd can tolerate the new trek...

I kinda liked the idea of updating the TV franchise a bit, but it really does seem like a step too far.

There's just a lot of 'Huh!' moments with the new Star Trek.
Going back as far as they have, they're basically trying to reboot the whole series franchise, but not in a clever enough way like the movies did.

They need to start looking forward in the ST universe instead of working backwards. The movies are already doing that.

Plus! The new Klingons are fucking ridiculous looking.
Overkill on the prosthetics to the point they can barely fucking speak.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:56 am 

Star Trek. Episode 3. Miles better than the first two episodes. Still not great but there's still hope.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:57 pm 

Anyone watch Humans, that was shown on Channel 4 (I think) in the last couple of years? Was in the mood for some sci-fi so said I'd give it a gander. Based on the first ep, it's very bland AI type stuff. Very Channel 4 looking, in an Orphan Black kinda way. It's a bit like iRobot without any action. Is it worth sticking with?

Watched ep1 of Star Trek. Not great but I'm trying to indoctrinate the pup and I'm not prepared for a rewatch of The Next Generation or DS9 just yet. He liked it more than me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:02 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
Anyone watch Humans, that was shown on Channel 4 (I think) in the last couple of years? Was in the mood for some sci-fi so said I'd give it a gander. Based on the first ep, it's very bland AI type stuff. Very Channel 4 looking, in an Orphan Black kinda way. It's a bit like iRobot without any action. Is it worth sticking with?

Watched ep1 of Star Trek. Not great but I'm trying to indoctrinate the pup and I'm not prepared for a rewatch of The Next Generation or DS9 just yet. He liked it more than me.

Humans = scifi by/for 'normal' people hence complete shit. Similarly Extant.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:44 pm 

skyr wrote:

Aye, Extant was more shit. That's that then.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:58 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
skyr wrote:

Aye, Extant was more shit. That's that then.

There have been a few good 00s scifi shows, but since the turn of this decade even though scifi is overground now, most of it is really horrific.

Night Visions, from the 90s, is great

Page: Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149 ... 162  Next