Back
  The Tube

Page: Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 163  Next

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:33 pm 

Had to turn off Mindhunter after like 10 minutes, couldn't hack the bar scene.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:19 pm 

just starting episode 4 of season 2 stranger things, bloody great stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:56 pm 

Enjoying Stranger Things 2 so far. 5 eps in and its definitely keeping the interest up. Seeing lots of people complaining, saying its just a nostalgia cash in, but I dont think so. I think the creators, writers, directors genuinely love that era but also want to tell a great story, which they are doing!

Confirmed for a 3rd season too.

Anyone watching The Good Place? Didnt think I'd like but damn it its funny. Ted Danson is great!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:27 pm 

skadk666 wrote:
Seeing lots of people complaining, saying its just a nostalgia cash in

I've seen the odd comment on that also. tbh I love it for the fact that it feels like this could have been released years ago with how its shot, the music the actors etc
Even if it is a pure nostalgia buzz it still works really well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:50 pm 

Not sure what to make of Stranger Things season 2, while I was pretty bored at times I just couldn't stop watching. It did just kinda feel like a repeat what happened in the first season.

Tank Filth hounds of hades poster and a kill em all poster in the guy with the camaros room, while he had four horsemen on the stereo. That was cool. What was his deal anyway, the banter between him and his sister at the start made it seem like something dodgy was going on but nothing really happened unless that's something for the next season

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:15 pm 

Really enjoyed the first season of Stranger Things but not finding the second series quite as engaging. Maybe a bit of retro fatigue has set in at this stage, it just seems to be everywhere whether it's music, TV or even gaming.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:55 pm 

Only three episodes into the new Stranger Things meself,but so far I am loving it. There seems to be a much more emphasis on spotting, hearing more pop culture references but I dont think it over-rides the storytelling. I loved seeing for example, an ad for The Terminator being watched on the telly,and the Ghostbusters inclusion is such fun aswell.

The main cast are brilliant to watch,and theres more going on overall.
Fantastic sounds throughout - be it whatever song is playing, or the brilliant John Carpenter influenced /RetroWave incidental music itself.

On a different note, "The Final Dossier"- the new Twin Peaks book is out now, and from what Ive heard so far,it does a good job in filling in some of the blanks between the 25 years from seasons 2 and 3, while answering some queries about the recent season itself.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:09 am 

3 episodes into 2nd season of stranger things. Meh. Get on with it already.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:15 pm 

Got American Gods there recently. Nearly at the end of it - have enjoyed the ride so far, and apparently there's, I think, another season coming at some stage - Gillian Anderson is great.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:51 am 

Slaughterday wrote:
Started watching Suburra, which is a prequel to the film. Nobody does corruption quite like the Romans. Pretty good so far.

Watched the trailer for it, looks great, it'll be next up when I finish Stranger Things.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:02 pm 

Nearly finished Stranger Things, just the last episode left to watch.

Really enjoying it though episode 7 was just a bizarre detour, having it between episodes 6 and 8 was a terrible decision.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:08 pm 

Not too gone on the the second series of Stranger Things. Feels to much like they are trying to set up the next season too much and was a bit boring over all. Some of the retro stuff is cool all right. The nod to Aliens was pretty cool.

Anyone else notice the amount of smoking in films and tv these days also. Everything has to have at least 1 chain smoker.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:09 am 

RobMcS wrote:
Slaughterday wrote:
Started watching Suburra, which is a prequel to the film. Nobody does corruption quite like the Romans. Pretty good so far.

Watched the trailer for it, looks great, it'll be next up when I finish Stranger Things.

You might recognise some of the Anacleti clan haircuts from Flannan's...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:17 pm 

Slaughterday wrote:
You might recognise some of the Anacleti clan haircuts from Flannan's...

Hahaha pure daycent faux-hawks complete with Need For Speed Underground paintjob BMW. I'm actually off to Rome next week so I'll have to keep an eye out for these dodgy fuckers! Have only watched the first episode but I'm enjoying it so I'll stick with it. Was a little surprised to see that it's overdubbed in English on Netflix as the YouTube trailer I watched was in Italian with English subtitles.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:28 pm 

Ah yeah same happened me - if you go to the options button on the bottom right of the netflix window, you can change to Italian with English subs. Much more palatable.

Page: Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 163  Next