Back
  The Tube

Page: Previous  1 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162  Next

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:53 am 

episode 1 of Wild Wild Country (netflix), bloody hell, mad docu about an 80s hippy yoga cult,.. can't wait to watch the rest of it!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:00 pm 

Seriously enjoying what I've seen so far of Fox's Legion Season 2 - it's keeping the oddness meter well up, and with a daycent soundtrack to boot.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:13 am 

Gave The Alienist a go. I find those period dramas to be fairly hit and miss. I liked the idea but found it too slow so I ditched it.

Finished The Terror. Again, was quite slow in parts but it built up to a very satisfying conclusion.

Half way through latest season of Arrested Development. It's grand.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:08 pm 

Watched Manhunt: Unabomber last week, really enjoyed it. I can't stand Sam Worthington but he was alright in this (apart from when he was doing his Hugh D'ancy/Will Graham shtick). Paul Bettany was amazing in it though.

Started Fringe again last night. Had seen the first couple of seasons a few years ago but got the boxset recently, so it's worth going back and doing it all in one go.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:00 am 

Hooked on Making A Murderer at the minute. A most compelling watch.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:14 am 

Eoin McLove wrote:

I thought the first 3 episodes were good then I lost interest after that.

Going to watch the final episode tonight of Wild Wild Country on netflix tonight, buncha tree huggin' absolute hornball mentalists!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:40 am 

Eoin McLove wrote:

It's brilliant stuff, more compelling than most thriller I've seen. Watch The Jinx after, good stuff, plenty of 'did he, didn't he?' moments.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:39 pm 

New season of The Deuce starting Sept 9th. Nice one.

'The Vietnam War' - 10 part documentary, its on Netflix now. Incredible and bleak as fuck in equal measure. Must hit the civil war one next.

The Staircase - thought it was about 3 episodes too long but pretty good overall.

Been rewatching Mr Show and w/Bob and David too. Never gets old.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:24 am 

The Vietnam War was fantastic, devoured that when BBC had it. I appreciated the fact that it featured talking head segments from those on all sides of the debate, though most seemed to agree that it was folly.

Currently watching Fringe. I'd watched the first two seasons years ago but have more or less forgotten all but the broad strokes, got the boxset as a christmas present to myself so digging into it now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:47 am 

Just finished Cobra Kai. Easy viewing, decent nostalgia buzz about it. Nothing spectacular, but a bit of fun.

Season 3 of The Expanse, also!
Quality Sci-Fi. Love everything about it.
Was gutted to hear it got dropped half way through the season. But it's been picked up by Amazon Prime for it's fourth season, so 'Happy Days'...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:18 pm 

Finished the last series of Fargo. Though it was a bit meh. They seemed to try and have a lot of uncomfortable scenes to add tension but I just found irritating.

Wild Wild Country is a good watch. Ma Anand Sheela is some piece of work. Interesting how she was able to pretty much control everything and the bould Bhagwan just became a figure head. Just a smaller reflection of all the larger religions. Didnt think they had anything to do with yoga apart from being from India :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:44 pm 

Watched recently.
Cobra Kai - really liked it. Great soundtrack too.
Succession - one episode in. Could be good.
Westwood season 2 - loved it especially the Indian storyline.
Yellowstone- new series with Kevin Costner set in Montana. Only watched the first episode and I'm hooked. Cinematography is amazing and Kevin Costner in any type of western and I'm sold.

Also The Deuce coming back please me greatly and I must catch up on The Expanse.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:45 pm 

Finished The Americans. The last 2 seasons kept the tension going.

S9 of Archer, better than the previous season.

Altered Carbon. Enjoyable but definitely a bit of style over substance.

Timeless. Not bad but can see why it'd get canned all the same. Very much a Kripke production. Was hoping there'd be more of Shawn Ryan's influence. Ah well.

Bosch S4. Decent season, defo better than S3.

The Terror. Good stuff. Really looking forward to S2. I reckon the setting this time around will make for a better season.

Electric Dreams. A couple of good episodes but most were very meh. A bit too Black Mirror, which I've totally gone off.

For the next few weeks I've The Crossing, Counterpart, latest seasons of Westworld, Handmaid's Tale, The Expanse. As well as Shooter and Power week to week. Power is probably the best thing on at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:33 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
S9 of Archer, better than the previous season.

Not that would be hard as the last season's were shit shows. Is it still theme based or is it back to normal?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:01 pm 

Good season alright, the best since Archer Vice. Still themed, this one was a standalone, Danger Island. Set just after the Second World War, on a tropical island with an Indiana Jones-esque macguffin hunt. Final moments set up the next, themed season too.

Page: Previous  1 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162  Next