Back
  The Tube

Page: Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163  Next

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:59 pm 

pentagrimes wrote:
pedro wrote:
Mindhunter: really enjoyed this. Anxious for another season, literally blasted through it in 2 days. For anyone into the psychology behind serial killers..v cool.

Unabomber Manhunt: Again, really worth your time. Explores how the Unabomber was captured through a new technique called Forensic Linguistics..addictive stuff.

Wild Wild Country: crazy story but feel like they could have gone way further and really revealed a lot of what the actual leader was all about and into. I agree with the guy who said there was no viewpoint from people who had been outside the scandal itself..they could easily have tracked down another bunch of people who had been there and asked them what they thought with hindsight.

I have a few more weeks of free Netflix..any recommendations? Love anything to do with investigations, serial killer/cult stuff.

I mean it's full of a bunch of serial killer/murder type shit at this point, they've flogged the absolute fuck out of that formula..If you didn't see Making A Murderer, The Staircase, Wormwood or Evil Genius yet they're all on there, each one as tedious as the last.

Making a murderer was alright. Mindhunter was excellent because there's literally no killing or gore in it. Also, it's not a documentary, just good acting as is Unabomber. I agree though, plenty of those types of programmes are rubbish.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:12 pm 

Mindhunter was great. I think making a murder has to be one of the most overrated shows of all time absolute shite.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:06 pm 

I tried Mindhunter but couldn't get past the scene in the first episode where he's chatting up yer wan at a concert.

There was something noticeably off with the acting.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:42 pm 

Ya, couldn't warm to Mindhunter but Manhunt: Unabomber was super.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:06 pm 

Manhunt Unabomber is savage. Mindhunter gets good after about 3 episodes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:01 pm 

Yep, Manhunt Unabomber was really great stuff alright.

Mindhunter was up in down in places..wasn't pushed how all of a sudden he went from zero to hero. Bumped into the big detective lad Holt Mc something in an elevator somewhere in the states about 18 years ago. He seemed farmore interested in my ex than in me at the time..middle of the day and all

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:05 pm 

Henry Cavill has gotten the role of Geralt in the Netflix adaptation of The Witcher. Hopes are high for this one, The Witcher 3 is one of the greatest games of all time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:13 pm 

By coincidence I've just twigged that a young Henry Cavill played Albert Mondego in The Count Of Monte Cristo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:51 pm 

Thing On The Doorstep wrote:
By coincidence I've just twigged that a young Henry Cavill played Albert Mondego in The Count Of Monte Cristo.

jasus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:08 am 

Nagrenol wrote:
Thing On The Doorstep wrote:

jasus

No, that was the other fella.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:58 am 

Been binge watching Season 2 of Ozark since it came on Netflix at the weekend. Got the final 2 episodes to go tonight.

Even more grim and desperate than the first season, hoping they wrap it up at the end of this season. They can't maintain this pace and the constant hopelessness of their lives getting worse all the fuppin' time!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:18 pm 

2eps into Ozark. I dunno is it a bit slower or is it just the grimness you mention.

The new Jack Ryan series is quite good. Fairly action packed anyway.

Watched S1 of The Duece. A good aul romp. They nail that feeling of sleaze. Looking forward to S2 which is due around now.

S2 if The Sinner I can't really get into. Might leave it off to herself.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:25 pm 

DOOMSCHMOKER wrote:
Been binge watching Season 2 of Ozark since it came on Netflix at the weekend. Got the final 2 episodes to go tonight.

Even more grim and desperate than the first season, hoping they wrap it up at the end of this season. They can't maintain this pace and the constant hopelessness of their lives getting worse all the fuppin' time!

Finished this last night, absolutely one of my favourite things on TV at the moment.

Paul.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:41 pm 

RobMcS wrote:
Henry Cavill has gotten the role of Geralt in the Netflix adaptation of The Witcher. Hopes are high for this one, The Witcher 3 is one of the greatest games of all time.

Should have been Mads Mikkelson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:21 am 

mailey wrote:
RobMcS wrote:

Should have been Mads Mikkelson

I'd have faith that Cavill will do it justice given that he appears to actually be a big Witcher fan himself.

Page: Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163  Next