Back
  The Tube

Page: Previous  1 ... 159, 160, 161, 162, 163  Next

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:51 pm 

RobMcS wrote:
mailey wrote:
RobMcS wrote:
Henry Cavill has gotten the role of Geralt in the Netflix adaptation of The Witcher. Hopes are high for this one, The Witcher 3 is one of the greatest games of all time.

Should have been Mads Mikkelson

I'd have faith that Cavill will do it justice given that he appears to actually be a big Witcher fan himself.

I get the feeling that was all just for show to get the job, but what do I know, I'd love for him to prove me wrong. Don't think the lad can act his way out of a paperbag honestly :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:37 pm 

It's always sunny has returned. First episode was very good. Will ne weird if Dennis is missing from much of the season.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:35 am 

I was away last weekend and one of the lads just happened to bring up this particular episode of this show when we were talking about Irish tv shows. I hadn't seen this episode since it aired on RTE when I was in secondary school and it's one of the few I remembered I couldn't breathe I was laughing that much when he was explaining the plot of the episode to one of the other lads. It brought back so many memories.

I forgot how good this show was as well.

https://youtu.be/2I2XgIrZvss?t=2392

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:13 am 

Them lads were responsible for Dustin and Zig and Zag etc. They went to my primary school in Laytown though they were a good few years older. Up there with Father Ted and the likes as absolute comic gold. That generation of Irish comics was something to be behold. The subtlety they brought to turning society, morals etc etc on it's head was incredible. It's what's sadly missing in so much of comedy nowadays.

The way Dermot Morgan made the church look was light years ahead of any Rubber Bandit or Jim Jeffries rant about how cool and atheist they are. Dustin an absolute hero too 'John Brutal', 'Fianna Fowl' and 'Bring the Dart to Dingle'. Went for the presidency ffs! Used love coming home from school and watching him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:24 pm 

'ya scutterin gobsheen' :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:40 pm 

Watched that clip myself. Forgot how funny those 2 are. Must grab a hold of those seasons somewhere.

Watched first 2 eps of Mayans MC. Not bad. Not as gritty as SoA and don't really think the lead character is great. Very good supporting cast in the main. Good to see Edward James Olmos in something again.

Suits has been better than I expected this season. Glad moany Mike and the other one are gone. Lewis is really coming to the fore.

Finale of The Sinner tonight. Hasn't been great tbh. S1 at least was original.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:39 am 

It's Always Sunny season 13 - The Gang Runs Out Of Ideas......

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:47 am 

mickO))) wrote:

Aw man, used to love this shit when it was on. "How do I get these feckin shoes off ya auld bastard?!" was one of my favourite lines from the entire series!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:16 am 

pedro wrote:
Them lads were responsible for Dustin and Zig and Zag etc. They went to my primary school in Laytown though they were a good few years older. Up there with Father Ted and the likes as absolute comic gold. That generation of Irish comics was something to be behold. The subtlety they brought to turning society, morals etc etc on it's head was incredible. It's what's sadly missing in so much of comedy nowadays.

The way Dermot Morgan made the church look was light years ahead of any Rubber Bandit or Jim Jeffries rant about how cool and atheist they are. Dustin an absolute hero too 'John Brutal', 'Fianna Fowl' and 'Bring the Dart to Dingle'. Went for the presidency ffs! Used love coming home from school and watching him.

I had no idea the lads were from Laytown. I knew they did Zig and Zag but didn't know about Dustin. We were actually just saying last weekend how sad it is that children these days don't have The Den anymore. I can't stand Ray D'Arcy but he use to be great on the Den and it was part of life back then, you would get in from school, sit down to eat and The Den would be on. Everyone without exception in school would be watching it.

My mother even myself and my two brothers to see Dustin live up in Dublin as a child. I remember he even released a few albums. :lol:

I got to see Podge and Rodge live in Vicar street as well back in 06 or 07 and it was great. They picked out a few people from the audience and went to town on them they actually went a bit too far with one lad.

Wasn't one of the Father Ted writers from either Laytown or Termonfeckin? I use to love going to Laytown / Bettystown as a child, the big red slide that you had to sit on mat to go down, brilliant. It's turned into a dump now though just like Drogheda .

Yes I agree about Father Ted even watching it now it's still great and you always see little things you've never seen before.

RobMcS wrote:
mickO))) wrote:

Aw man, used to love this shit when it was on. "How do I get these feckin shoes off ya auld bastard?!" was one of my favourite lines from the entire series!

:lol: the way you can see his legs still dancing while he's talking to the old man. Another great one I forgot about that I happened to put on by luck the other night when trying to find this episode was the fella who strapped acid to his chest which leaked into his bloodstream then he thought he was an orange and tried to peel himself :lol: .

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:20 pm 

Season 1 of Mr. Mercedes was great. Had high hopes for season 2, but I'm afraid they 'jumped the shark' right from the off.
Still great performances, but storywise... It's pure rubbish.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:49 pm 

mickO))) wrote:
pedro wrote:

I had no idea the lads were from Laytown. I knew they did Zig and Zag but didn't know about Dustin. We were actually just saying last weekend how sad it is that children these days don't have The Den anymore. I can't stand Ray D'Arcy but he use to be great on the Den and it was part of life back then, you would get in from school, sit down to eat and The Den would be on. Everyone without exception in school would be watching it.

My mother even myself and my two brothers to see Dustin live up in Dublin as a child. I remember he even released a few albums. :lol:

I got to see Podge and Rodge live in Vicar street as well back in 06 or 07 and it was great. They picked out a few people from the audience and went to town on them they actually went a bit too far with one lad.

Wasn't one of the Father Ted writers from either Laytown or Termonfeckin? I use to love going to Laytown / Bettystown as a child, the big red slide that you had to sit on mat to go down, brilliant. It's turned into a dump now though just like Drogheda .

Yes I agree about Father Ted even watching it now it's still great and you always see little things you've never seen before.

RobMcS wrote:
mickO))) wrote:

:lol: the way you can see his legs still dancing while he's talking to the old man. Another great one I forgot about that I happened to put on by luck the other night when trying to find this episode was the fella who strapped acid to his chest which leaked into his bloodstream then he thought he was an orange and tried to peel himself :lol: .

Double checked my facts and it's Mornington at least of the lads Mick O'Hara is from, I used be best friends with his next door neighbour according to my Ma..not sure about the other lad. I have a feeling that Ciaran Morrison might be from the area because they went to school together and that name is quite popular about the place. Pair of legends in fairness, who always keep a low profile. Bettystown was always scummy enough, Laytown too though there are lovely parts to them as in Drogheda. The Celtic Tiger left the whole area in a bollox but it's recovering very well lately.

Speaking of Drogheda and Father Ted, Joe Rooney the comedian aka Father Damo..class character..seems to live in Drawda and Dierdre O Kane is from there as is Johnny Logan. Legends everywhere :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:30 pm 

jobrok1 wrote:
Season 1 of Mr. Mercedes was great. Had high hopes for season 2, but I'm afraid they 'jumped the shark' right from the off.
Still great performances, but storywise... It's pure rubbish.

Ya, it's a bit silly.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:03 pm 

South Park season 22 opener is fantastic stuff!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:53 am 

pedro wrote:
mickO))) wrote:
pedro wrote:

RobMcS wrote:
mickO))) wrote:

Double checked my facts and it's Mornington at least of the lads Mick O'Hara is from, I used be best friends with his next door neighbour according to my Ma..not sure about the other lad. I have a feeling that Ciaran Morrison might be from the area because they went to school together and that name is quite popular about the place. Pair of legends in fairness, who always keep a low profile. Bettystown was always scummy enough, Laytown too though there are lovely parts to them as in Drogheda. The Celtic Tiger left the whole area in a bollox but it's recovering very well lately.

Speaking of Drogheda and Father Ted, Joe Rooney the comedian aka Father Damo..class character..seems to live in Drawda and Dierdre O Kane is from there as is Johnny Logan. Legends everywhere :lol:

Drogheda is a fukin nackers camp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:41 am 

watched ep 1 of Maniac on Netflix, that new shitshow with Emma Stone and skinny Jonah Hill. The idea of it is OK but it's acted and directed terribly. Not going to waste any more time on it, i'm out.

Page: Previous  1 ... 159, 160, 161, 162, 163  Next