Back
  graphic novels (ok...comics)

Page: Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:45 am 

Considering Brian K Vaughan's creator-owned work like Y: The Last Man and Ex Machina both graphic-novelly got up to 10 books, I'd say Saga has another 3 books before he gets round to an ending - still going very well IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:24 pm 

Anyone read Mike Carey's Lucifer? Very good stuff - spins out of the main Sandman series, and deals with what the fallen angel does after he leaves hell. Ended up with about 11 or so books. At the moment, there seems to be a sequel to it thru Vertigo carrying the same name and characters. Can only assume it's ongoing because of the Lucifer TV show.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:37 pm 

Meant to check the Lucifer books out but never got round to it. Rereading the Sandman books at the moment so maybe I will get round to it someday soon.

After Saga of course.

Sage > *

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:46 pm 

Steve Dillon died over the weekend. Gutted. Terrible loss to comic artistry - have always been a big fan of his work, most notably, Punisher, Hellblazer and Preacher.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/10/22/ ... s-aged-54/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:58 pm 

Massive loss - he was probably my favourite artist as a teenager.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:22 pm 

I saw this on the new today a mental idea haha.

The DC Comics character who gained his powers from cocaine: https://youtu.be/L_1Ng1yudcY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:55 pm 

I´m hoping someone might be able to help me with this one. It´s really related to terminology I suppose as I´m searching on google with little success.

I want to use a comic book sequence in an English class I do. I´m trying to practice order of adjectives so I´m looking for comics in which a variety of characters of differing shapes and sizes would appear.

Do any of you have any recommendations? Basically I´m looking for an action sequences or scenes with as little dialogue as possible similar to a Calvin and Hobbes strip but with far more detail and variety in the artwork.

Any help greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:05 pm 

Bit lost on what you mean, when you say characters you mean people right and not text characters like ZAP and POW?

Do you want scenes without any text bubbles in them or with a minimum amount? There's at least one of the Hawkeye books from Matt Fraction in which the entire story is told without any dialogue. The art in that would be more detailed than a Calvin and Hobbs but less detailed than something like an issue of Batman.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:29 pm 

Insuppose a story without dialogue that would fit on a page. Not a big long comic book. Something short basically but with plenty characters and action.

footloose onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:53 pm 

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:42 pm 

Been reading some Unbeatable Squirrel Girl. It's fairly nuts. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:40 pm 

Flipping hell I used read the Bash Street kids religiously. Haven't even thought of that comic strip in 25 years I'd say. Hot Shot Hamish and Mighty Mouse, Dan Dare, Commando, all that good stuff. I mean fuck the Avengers, give me that stuff any day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:27 pm 

Was never a huge Boy's Own/Commando fan, or anything like Roy of The Rovers - but stuff like Beano, Dandy, Whizzer & Chips, Bananaman - good stuff. Moved onto 2000AD later on after that... British comics were great.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:28 am 

pedro wrote:
I´m hoping someone might be able to help me with this one. It´s really related to terminology I suppose as I´m searching on google with little success.

I want to use a comic book sequence in an English class I do. I´m trying to practice order of adjectives so I´m looking for comics in which a variety of characters of differing shapes and sizes would appear.

Do any of you have any recommendations? Basically I´m looking for an action sequences or scenes with as little dialogue as possible similar to a Calvin and Hobbes strip but with far more detail and variety in the artwork.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I think there's a marvel graphic novel called shush or something similar which is stories without dialogue. Never read it myself so I could be completely wrong.
Walking dead would have lots of pages of action and little dialogue. The comics start with Rick waking up alone in a hospital full of zombies.
Although that may not be suitable for an English class

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:04 am 

Yeah, that issue of Hawkeye was amazingly well written, you could follow it if you thought about it.

The GI Joe comic did an entire issue without speech bubbles back in the 80s, (Hush I think it was called) but I can't think of a single page thing.

Page: Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next