Back
  graphic novels (ok...comics)

Page: Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:25 am 

:lol: That was indeed the stupidest story in a long time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:41 pm 

Is anyone reading Uber: Invasion? Consistently great, as was the original Uber series.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:16 pm 

Found a website that has shit loads of comics to read for free including ALL the walking dead, Y the last man, Preaher etc

http://www.omgbeaupeep.com/comics/

Theres also links to other stuff as well. Old and new

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:57 am 

That Uber comic looks pretty cool Dark Stranger..I´ll have to give it a go

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:58 pm 

Fuck me, hasn't The walking Dead comic turned into a big pile of boring shit. I'm glad I stopped buying The graphic novels and read the issues for free. This last 6 part epic was about as exciting as going to church. Fucking hell, what happened Kirkman? Did you get lucky that you had one good idea and just don't know when to stop?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:52 am 

I gave up on it about two years ago, after the Negan war. It's been boring for quite some time.

Sandman, worth bothering with? I read the first few issues years ago, thought it was OK.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:37 am 

Thing On The Doorstep wrote:
I gave up on it about two years ago, after the Negan war. It's been boring for quite some time.

I still can't get over how so many people on the Amazon reviews are giving it still 5 stars?! What the clean fuck? I know in the early days you would get a quiet volume but that was always followed by an epic one, such as volume 7 'the calm before' was quiet but then it hit us with volume 8 'made to suffer'. Those were the days.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:36 am 

Thing On The Doorstep wrote:
Sandman, worth bothering with? I read the first few issues years ago, thought it was OK.

I love Sandman! I bought the boxset a few years ago and have re-read it a couple of times. Some amazing story telling in there. I was hooked in from book 1.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:38 am 

+1 for The Sandman, proper classic. Best Neil Gaiman work imo.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:22 am 

Sandman is excellent. Properly excellent. And it's a good time to be getting into it, as DC are going to be doing a Sandman Universe of sorts, curated by Gaiman.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03/01 ... il-gaiman/

---

Walking Dead really does seem to have hit a wall in terms of storytelling. It just seems now to be settlement after settlement, nondescript human threat after nondescript human threat. I keep hoping it'll get better... but no, all they've done so far is add a novelty character like Princess in - which has done nothing for the series really.

---

Been having a read of Phonogram by Keiron Gillen. Pretty good stuff, if a tad pretentious. Basically a treatise on the merits of pop music (specifically Britpop) and who shaped it, while having a storyline about magick-users doing workings through said music. Not unlike what Gillen's doing at the moment with The Wicked And The Divine.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:28 am 

Probably fits in here. Huge Junji Ito fan, love his material, but i've read almost all available english translations of his stuff already either hard copy or online. Anyone have any other similar recommendations? Horror Manga, basically, serialised or not, doesn't matter.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:59 pm 

kunt 4 life wrote:
Fuck me, hasn't The walking Dead comic turned into a big pile of boring shit. I'm glad I stopped buying The graphic novels and read the issues for free. This last 6 part epic was about as exciting as going to church. Fucking hell, what happened Kirkman? Did you get lucky that you had one good idea and just don't know when to stop?

The most recent 6-parter was built up in the letters pages as coming to a "shocking" climax, still waiting for it six issues in....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:47 pm 

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but The Flintstones, by DC, is genuinely one of the very best comics I've read in years.

I'd heard good things about it but come on, it's the frigging Flintstones, and stayed away from it, but after reading a couple of excerpts online, checked it out on a whim.

My mind is fairly blown! It's completely adult, absolutely subversive, and one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:36 am 

Just heard there is the possibility that Duncan Jones (of Moon, Source Code, Mute fame and David Bowie's son) ..... will be doing a Rogue Trooper film. This --- is friggin' awesome news.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07/16 ... 0ad-movie/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:18 pm 

Started reading Alan Moore's Saga Of The Swamp Thing, after so many years not reading it properly. Damn, it's good. I'm a Moore nut anyway, but he's got some great themes here. It's also making me want to have a closer look at DC's Etrigan, The Demon.

Page: Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next