Back
  The GAA

Page: Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119  Next

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:14 am 

Mayo should have won that. Dublin looked afraid to try exit their own half for the last 15 minutes. Dreadful slippy conditions and the ref made some strange decisions for both sides. Mayo deserved the draw at least. Hopefully we've just seen the worst Dublin display and can bounce back. Flynn and Brogan need to up their game. John Small and Fenton were Dublins best by far.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:40 am 

Proper tense final. I was amazed that Mayo came back. As a neutral I've never supported another team as much as I supported Mayo yesterday.
If I was from Mayo I would've firebombed the whole city last night.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:15 pm 

So the whole crazy escapades has started again. A proper, proper game of hurling yesterday as opposed to some of the dull slugfests

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:14 am 

Thelofty wrote:
So the whole crazy escapades has started again. A proper, proper game of hurling yesterday as opposed to some of the dull slugfests

Very easy to be prone to hyperbole but that was one of the greatest games of all time!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:05 am 

The last two Hurling Championships were kinda dirt, there were one or two games that stood out, Tipp and Galway, Kilkenny and Limerick, games like that were savage stuff.
Sweepers fucked up the game. Short passes out of defence, slow, scrums, dogged stuff.
There was no scrums on Sunday. It was open and fast.
Part of the reason people love playing and watching hurling is because it's a mad bastards sport. We want to see it played fast, quick, man on man, shoulders, catches. Lads driving out of defence scattering a few fellas. Sunday was all the stuff people love about the game, and even though there was no sweeper, a guy who scored 13 points in an All Ireland 9 of them from play only got 2 points from play yesterday. The right lad on a man is enough defending.

I hope the rest of the summer is as good.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:47 pm 

Long shot but looking for 1 or preferably 2 tickets for the final on Sunday for my Dad.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:52 am 

Cheering for Galway today. I hope I can find a fuckin paddy pub in Leeds that are showing it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:52 am 

Up waterford! Great to see a final of teams that havnt won it in ages.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:49 am 

Great buzz in Galway. Hopefully my beloved Mayo can give me something to cheer about after all the years of utter misery.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:57 am 

PatrickReborn wrote:
Great buzz in Galway. Hopefully my beloved Mayo can give me something to cheer about after all the years of utter misery.

Hon Mayo. Tis our year (said every year before crushing disappointment).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:03 pm 

At least you guys get to finals every now and again. I know Monaghan punch above their weight being a tiny county with a population of about 60,000 but it's getting boring watching the same few big counties in the final year in, year out. The Hurling final yesterday was a nice change but doesn't happen often enough. Time for the GAA to change the county formation about to mix it up a bit.
How many good players do Dublin, Kerry, Kilkenny, Tipperary have who can't even get on the county panel? It's getting stale.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:59 pm 

ollkiller wrote:
PatrickReborn wrote:

Hon Mayo. Tis our year (said every year before crushing disappointment).

...the curse of '51...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:20 pm 

Buy tissues for sure, but maybe skip the hand lotion :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:03 pm 

YUP THE DUBS!!!

Great day for the GAA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:22 am 

Mayo left that behind.

Stupid sending off and that 1 on 1 goal chance that was hit straight at Cluxton kept it in Dublins favour.

Dublin were more clinical in taking scores so Mayo couldn't afford such mishaps but their downfall was self inflicted today.

Page: Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119  Next